Screw you Delta!!!

So, in the end, Delta did the right thing. The fare is what it is; I always do an expedia search and sort the fares before going to the airline's website to buy the ticket. That's the best way to do it; you can see everything in front of you before clicking on the "purchase now" icon. Anyway, good luck.
Yes, eventually.

After nearly five hours of fighting.

I understand the need to treat your best customers a certain way, but I don't see how a person's status has any bearing in this case. An honest mistake was made; it's about what's right, not who is right. The customer asked for a flight from Boston to Salt Lake City, and that's all he wants. Good customer service means fixing the error, charging the correct fare, and moving on with life.

When your hemmoriging cash like most airlines are thats not the case. Also with people doing every trick in the book to get a cheap fare if carriers made changes because of mistakes that in most cases are the passengers fault they would be even deeper in the red than they already are. Like someone said in an earlier post, the pax does bear some responsibility. Im sure it was an innocent mistake but just like one person can give a company a bad name the same applies to the flying public. The sheisters that are out there make it tough for the honest people.

When your hemmoriging cash like most airlines are thats not the case. Also with people doing every trick in the book to get a cheap fare if carriers made changes because of mistakes that in most cases are the passengers fault they would be even deeper in the red than they already are. Like someone said in an earlier post, the pax does bear some responsibility. Im sure it was an innocent mistake but just like one person can give a company a bad name the same applies to the flying public. The sheisters that are out there make it tough for the honest people.

I guess.....depending on what reputation you want your company to have. "Let's screw the customer to save ten bucks". Yea, no wonder the airlines are 'hemmoriging cash".

Okay an few corrections:

I originally said they were purchased a few weeks ago, I was wrong, looking at the email they were purchased 4 days ago on the 10th of August.

In the email I got after requesting a copy be sent to me my mother in law's name is spelled wrong, and I can only assume her email was spelled wrong as well as its her name@aol.com; explaining why she never received a confirmation email and prompted the call yesterday looking to get that resent; only to find out the reservation was wrong.

So we caught the mistake only three days after purchase.

Even in that light, my mother in law wasted 4 hours of her life on the phone to no avail. It took me 45 minutes to get them to agree to waive the change fee, only to find out the cost was nearly double the competition's price just to put my family on a RJ flown by god knows who.

Oh my! Not another flight by some poopy regional pilot. They all suck so bad! Regional pilots should be all be exposed and exterminated for the dregs they really are. Obviously the only place to get quality pilots is from the spawn of current mainline pilots or the military; otherwise, they all suck.

:rolleyes:

Look, I agree it sounds as though you should have your tickets changed without penalty. However, if you want to avoid 'regional feed,' you need to stop flying the Legacy carriers. As a frequent visitor to JC, I'm sure you're well aware of the current state of affairs w/in typical airline route structure. Sorry about your family's unfortunate misery having to subject themselves to an RJ.

Oh my! Not another flight by some poopy regional pilot. They all suck so bad! Regional pilots should be all be exposed and exterminated for the dregs they really are. Obviously the only place to get quality pilots is from the spawn of current mainline pilots or the military; otherwise, they all suck.

:rolleyes:

Look, I agree it sounds as though you should have your tickets changed without penalty. However, if you want to avoid 'regional feed,' you need to stop flying the Legacy carriers. As a frequent visitor to JC, I'm sure you're well aware of the current state of affairs w/in typical airline route structure. Sorry about your family's unfortunate misery having to subject themselves to an RJ.
What is the most precious thing to you in all the world?

Would you knowingly put that most precious to you on an airliner operated by a company that hired 3 sub 500 hour FOs that you personally know and would not trust with a Diamond Katana?

Would you make that choice knowing that the other option is to pay a company that has never treated you poorly nearly half the price for a superior service?

Okay an few corrections:

I originally said they were purchased a few weeks ago, I was wrong, looking at the email they were purchased 4 days ago on the 10th of August.

In the email I got after requesting a copy be sent to me my mother in law's name is spelled wrong, and I can only assume her email was spelled wrong as well as its her name@aol.com; explaining why she never received a confirmation email and prompted the call yesterday looking to get that resent; only to find out the reservation was wrong.

So we caught the mistake only three days after purchase.

Even in that light, my mother in law wasted 4 hours of her life on the phone to no avail. It took me 45 minutes to get them to agree to waive the change fee, only to find out the cost was nearly double the competition's price just to put my family on a RJ flown by god knows who.
This changes things a bit.

If they can't get gramma's name and email right enough to get the confirmation information to her, then they deserve to pay to fix their screwup. It also sounds like you caught it as quickly as might be expected under the circumstances.

You seem quite scared to put your family on an RJ. Maybe it would be safer if they hitchhike. Not sure what kind of RJ they'll be on but I think you'll be happy to know that the EMB145 series has never had a pax fatality and literally do thousands of legs per day. Hope your family doesn't have to get on some deathtrap 737. ;-)

What is the most precious thing to you in all the world?

Would you knowingly put that most precious to you on an airliner operated by a company that hired 3 sub 500 hour FOs that you personally know and would not trust with a Diamond Katana?

Would you make that choice knowing that the other option is to pay a company that has never treated you poorly nearly half the price for a superior service?

Family comes first.

I can understand your frsutration but i think your subject line is a little harsh. No insult to your grandma but-perhaps you being in this field should have assisted her in purchasing the ticket online. Problem could have been averted!

These thread would be a great drinking game. Anytime someone monday quarterbacks you take a shot. Here, let me add to the pile

Hey, BD, you should have just had ur grandma use SWA first.:rotfl: That's what I would have done because I'm so damn smart.:sarcasm:

I didn't know one could navigate the automated phone prompts with a rotary-phone.... ZING

These thread would be a great drinking game. Anytime someone monday quarterbacks you take a shot. Here, let me add to the pile

Hey, BD, you should have just had ur grandma use SWA first.:rotfl: That's what I would have done because I'm so damn smart.:sarcasm:
Funny thing is I did tell her that, but she could not grasp the concept that Providence was no further a drive than Boston, they are right about in the middle between the two, even though we have come and gone through there about a dozen times.

Its a little early, but I suppose I could start drinking now. :beer:

Funny thing is I did tell her that, but she could not grasp the concept that Providence was no further a drive than Boston, they are right about in the middle between the two.

Like I told the guys ordering beer at 9am when i was working the PGA...."It's 5 o'clock somehwhere.... :beer:

Funny thing is I did tell her that, but she could not grasp the concept that Providence was no further a drive than Boston, they are right about in the middle between the two, even though we have come and gone through there about a dozen times.

where is she at? foxboro?

Back