Screw you Delta!!!

How, EXACTLY, am I disrespecting your livelyhood?

Did I say:

No, I said that the customer service we are recieving is unacceptable, and that your competitor is getting our business (at nearly half the cost)

If then please, bump this up the chain. This is certainly not the first problem I have had with Delta customer service, but it more than likely will be the last.

Did Delta CS call you an "Idiot" too? If it weren't for the awesome inflight service I would NEVER book on Delta. I don't think their customer service reps made it through high school... or at least they missed ethics 101 or something... I feel your pain. I've written letters to Delta about their god-awful CS.. Nothing happens though.

We are Delta..? That's too bad they're giving all DAL employees such a bad rep.

Hey, if I were you, I'd just call right back--chances are you'll get a CSA who gives a damn. 1% of a great company make the other 99% look bad.

There must be an issue with CSA training. I've never had a pleasant experience with them on the phone. Northwest on the other hand has been great. If "new delta" could have NWA's ground CS and Delta's Flight CS, then it would be a great airline.

:mad:

You do know who pays the bills around here, right? Not very respectful to come into the man's living room proclaiming, "Screw You!"

Doug's been shown over and over again to be a rational and reasonable man. I don't think anything that's been said up there is disrespectful. If Doug has he'll say something. Looks like being overprotective of your company is making you blind. BDhill is a customer, and he isn't paying for a lesson. Delta has treated Bdhill wrong. Delta, and her employee's, better learn to take criticism better if they want to be the leader in airlines. This is a real problem, one that could be corrected and they have had time to correct. Let Southwest get the money.

Also, here's an idea: Write a letter explaining what happened. Believe it or not, airlines really DO read those letters people write in.

For bdhill to do anymore at this point, writing a letter or any more phone calls, assumes he's going to take time out of his life to try and better a company that is doing him wrong. I wouldn't, and don't unless it's someone I have some brand loyality to. Delta has to get premptive with addressing concerns like this because Southwest does it cheaper and my experience (my whole family included) has always done it better.

I hope everyone can understand the OP's situation. His concern is his families transportation back to him, not teaching Delta employees how to do their job better or helping management better serve the customers they say they care for. Sorry to all if what I'm saying is offending you too. This kinda stuff is a symtom and if someone here is a Delta employee they should be passing it up the ladder for him.

There is nothing wrong with taking accurate critism of your airline. That is how one becomes better.

When I worked there and stuff liked this happened and a lead got involved the first thing that we would do is look at the pax history of trvl. If we pulled up a frequent flier acct and saw tons of miles from a credit card but none on an actual DL plane...sorry bud but this is the new fare plus change fee, what credit card would you like to use. If it was a person who had even a few flights a year travel on us we would try to hook them up as much as we could. How much was paid, when the tkt was booked etc would also factor into the decision. If its a priceline ticket that the airline would be taking a loss on well......your prolly outta gas. Remember its all about $$$. Everyone is scrounging for it and when an airline has it, its gonna be hard to get it back in a situation like this.

As for the customer service thing?? Ive said it a million times, its gonna get worse industry wide, (get what you pay for). DL pay for csa's both on the phone in reservations and at the airport is on the low end of the industry. At least it was when I worked there, I quit after 10 years in Jan09 and I believe my spot was backfilled by a ready reserve. They get 16 hrs a week, no benefits, $9.00 an hour. Im sure the customer svc they provide will be fantastic! Good Luck.

Also, here's an idea: Write a letter explaining what happened. Believe it or not, airlines really DO read those letters people write in.

And yes, airline employees (at least a lot of the crews, that I worked with) do tend to take "ownership" of their airline. I tried hard to make people say "Hey, I had a good flight on AA/AE". And to this day when I hear "AA/AE sucks!", I still take it a bit personally....

I don't hate AA because of you. I think they did TWA guys a little dirty, but mostly I hate Arpey. Charge me $80 for a dog and $25 to check a bag, rape the pilot group...and Arpey pockets millions of bonuses...

That is why I hate them.

I think they're being hardheaded, but you know what?

The ticket is non-refundable. If you do decide to change it, the rules are that you pay the change fee plus the difference in airfare.

You can't really get too mad at an organization that is simply sticking to the rules.

This is why when I was flying for business I'd never book non-refundable tickets. I'd pay for the ones which I could change without penalty.

I work for Southernjets! :)

We just offer nonstop BWI-BWI service, hopefully getting out of the pattern one of these days!

There's a reason we are dropping the foreign (India) res centers. Next time, and hopefully there won't be, just ask to be rerouted to one of the US call centers.

Many large companies are phasing out good customer service these days instead of cross training their reps in the fine art of retention. Happy customers and employees are too expensive to maintain.

I don't hate AA because of you. I think they did TWA guys a little dirty, but mostly I hate Arpey. Charge me $80 for a dog and $25 to check a bag, rape the pilot group...and Arpey pockets millions of bonuses...

That is why I hate them.

In that case, it's not AA, it's AMR management you hate. It's okay, we hate them too. :)

You do know who pays the bills around here, right? Not very respectful to come into the man's living room proclaiming, "Screw You!"
rollbarf.gif

You'll all hate me for this, but I don't care. Some people can't accept the truth, which is primarily why our country is in the crapper right now.

It's not Delta's mistake. Hence, they are not obligated to fix it.

She did not specify Boston, MA. That they didn't say Austion, TX on the phone is an oversight as well. Probably equal blame here.

Here's the big one. She (or anyone) didn't verify the tickets upon receipt. Had someone called right away that they were wrong, it would probably be a much different story. Where I Delta, I might give her a coupon for a few bucks off a ticket or something, but no way in hell would I make a special case to change the ticket. The consumer has some responsibilities too.

It's in Delta's computer as "Austin" from the start. There is no proof that she ever wanted Boston in the first place, and people in general suck so much that I would have to assume that she was trying to work the system and get a cheap ticket.

I don't hate AA because of you. I think they did TWA guys a little dirty, but mostly I hate Arpey...

That is certainly one of the reasons I hate them. Both my parents use to work for TWA and knew a lot of people still working for them during the AA takeover that got screwed. I know it certainly hasn't sat well with a lot of folks in Kansas City. Not to mention, the last few times I've flown on AA, the CS was absolutely atrocious. They are certainly my last resort for catching a flight, and I avoid them as much as I can.

I think they're being hardheaded, but you know what?

The ticket is non-refundable. If you do decide to change it, the rules are that you pay the change fee plus the difference in airfare.

You can't really get too mad at an organization that is simply sticking to the rules.

This is why when I was flying for business I'd never book non-refundable tickets. I'd pay for the ones which I could change without penalty.

It's not Delta's mistake. Hence, they are not obligated to fix it.

There is no proof that she ever wanted Boston in the first place

No hatred; in fact in general I love Delta. But I respectfully disagree with your position. There's a big difference between a customer who wants to change their itinerary and a customer who just wants what they asked for in the first place. Tell me how this is any different from going to a restaurant, ordering a plate of food, the server writes down something else, and the meal is incorrect when delivered. How would you feel if they charged you penalties to have them go back and prepare the meal you asked for?

I'll take your word for it that there's no "proof", but don't they tape record their phone lines? In any case, what's the harm in giving the customer the benefit of the doubt. It's not a black-and-white world; that's why you have people and decision makers (and not computers) running it. You still get the person's money and business, and heck they might even favor Delta next time around. Personally, I buy the story and find it rather unlikely somebody would want to change their destination to another city that sounds almost the same as the one originally booked on the same date just to "game the system". The customer said Boston, the person on the other end of the phone heard Austin. However you place the "blame", no one is asking for a free ticket or anything and it's not really asking much to just "make it right".

When I worked there and stuff liked this happened and a lead got involved the first thing that we would do is look at the pax history of trvl. If we pulled up a frequent flier acct and saw tons of miles from a credit card but none on an actual DL plane...sorry bud but this is the new fare plus change fee, what credit card would you like to use.

I understand the need to treat your best customers a certain way, but I don't see how a person's status has any bearing in this case. An honest mistake was made; it's about what's right, not who is right. The customer asked for a flight from Boston to Salt Lake City, and that's all he wants. Good customer service means fixing the error, charging the correct fare, and moving on with life.

Okay an few corrections:

I originally said they were purchased a few weeks ago, I was wrong, looking at the email they were purchased 4 days ago on the 10th of August.

In the email I got after requesting a copy be sent to me my mother in law's name is spelled wrong, and I can only assume her email was spelled wrong as well as its her name@aol.com; explaining why she never received a confirmation email and prompted the call yesterday looking to get that resent; only to find out the reservation was wrong.

So we caught the mistake only three days after purchase.

Even in that light, my mother in law wasted 4 hours of her life on the phone to no avail. It took me 45 minutes to get them to agree to waive the change fee, only to find out the cost was nearly double the competition's price just to put my family on a RJ flown by god knows who.

It took me 45 minutes to get them to agree to waive the change fee, only to find out the cost was nearly double the competition's price just to put my family on a RJ flown by god knows who.

So, in the end, Delta did the right thing. The fare is what it is; I always do an expedia search and sort the fares before going to the airline's website to buy the ticket. That's the best way to do it; you can see everything in front of you before clicking on the "purchase now" icon. Anyway, good luck.

Back