Screw you Delta!!!

Not to slam on Delta, but once AirTran started offering non-stop flights between SAT and ATL, I never gave Delta a second (or third, or fourth) chance. This makes me kinda sad too since I am a Georgia-boy. It's like drinking Pepsi...it just ain't right.

Not to slam on Delta, but once AirTran started offering non-stop flights between SAT and ATL, I never gave Delta a second (or third, or fourth) chance. This makes me kinda sad too since I am a Georgia-boy. It's like drinking Pepsi...it just ain't right.

HAHA...LOL:rotfl:My thought exactly about Pepsi!!!

We had a HUGE problem at Eagle when we'd do flights out of ORD that would go from ORD-SPI-SGF. So we'd board the flight to "Springfield", and the plane would be going from Chicago to Springfield, Illinois, THEN on to Springfield, Missouri. Upon landing in the first Springfield, I would say OVER and OVER and OVER again that we were in Springfield, Illinois.... and it would never fail that some moron would get in the terminal and wonder why it "looked different".

What's really funny is I just visited Springfield, MO and thought I was in the wrong place when I stepped off of the airplane! Brand spanking new terminal! :D

Sometimes it is simply operator error.:rolleyes:
If by operator you mean "Romeo" the probably Indian Delta customer service agent I just spoke with that took 4 tries just to get the six digit confirmation number right, then could not understand what I was saying when I said B, O, S, T, O, N, then yes, Operator error.

I don't think there's a misunderstanding of non-refundable fares here; I just see that your customer only wants a ticket between the city pair that was asked for.

Are they? What fare rule booking class were they purchased under?

ie:
<TABLE width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Booking Code[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]What is the booking class required for booking this fare? Using booking classes, the airlines control how many seats on each flight are available for each fare.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]e.g. F,P,J,C,Y,B,M,Q,V,H,L[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]c) the class of service required for booking[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]To understand this very important point we must introduce the concept of inventory control. In order to be profitable, the airline is not likely to allow all seats on the aircraft to be available at special fare rates, even if every passenger could meet the necessary restrictions. In other words, the airline allocates only a certain number of seats at each fare level for each flight. The number of seats allocated at each fare level depends on many factors, such as the route involved, the time of year, the usual business/leisure passenger breakdown on that route, the time of day, etc. Airlines have inventory control departments to determine how many seats are allocated at each fare on each flight. For example, in the case of the college student, if his flight of choice was already heavily booked, all of the special fares may be sold out at the time he makes a reservation, although the flight itself may still have some seats available at the full coach fare. The student would then have to choose a different flight or elect to pay the full fare (or some fare in between).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Different classes...same economy seats![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]In airline reservation computer systems, the allocation of seats at different fare categories is accomplished through the use of "class of service" codes. Do not confuse these codes with the actual class of service (e.g. First Class, Business Class, Coach). While First Class and Business Class do have their own class of service codes, many different class of service codes are used for the Coach cabin, even though all of the passengers sit in the same place. For example, the business traveler and the college student may sit next to each other in the Coach cabin, even though their reservations were made with different class of service codes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Class Examples[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Generally speaking First Class is coded as F or P, Business Class as C or J, and Full- Fare Coach as Y. Most special fares (referred to as subclasses, since they are subclasses of the Coach class) are coded using other letters, such as M, B, H, K, Q, L, V, etc. Each airline generally has a hierarchical structure for the subclass codes - e.g. on one airline the order is generally MBHVQL, where M is usually close to a full Y fare and L is usually a deeply discounted fare. The hierarchical structure varies however from airline to airline (e.g. on another airline M may be heavily discounted).[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]When checking whether a particular flight is available, what you really want to know is what classes are available? If you are looking for a low fare requiring booking in Q class, then you must find a flight for which Q class is available. If Q class is sold out on that flight, then you will have to pay a higher fare to take that flight, or choose another flight.[/FONT]

Edit: Check out this site for more info http://www.travelterminal.com/fareruleintro.shtml#help

You do know who pays the bills around here, right? Not very respectful to come into the man's living room proclaiming, "Screw You!"

You do know who pays the bills around here, right? Not very respectful to come into the man's living room proclaiming, "Screw You!"
Where did I say anything at all disparaging the webmaster?

He is a fine individual that I will gladly buy a beer for the next time I see him.

This is solely aimed at Delta Airlines and particularly their CUSTOMER SERVICE department.

Where did I say anything at all disparaging the webmaster?

He is a fine individual that I will gladly buy a beer for the next time I see him.

This is solely aimed at Delta Airlines and particularly their CUSTOMER SERVICE department.

We are Delta. Sounds cheesy but, true.

Hey, if I were you, I'd just call right back--chances are you'll get a CSA who gives a damn. 1% of a great company make the other 99% look bad.

Also, here's an idea: Write a letter explaining what happened. Believe it or not, airlines really DO read those letters people write in.

And yes, airline employees (at least a lot of the crews, that I worked with) do tend to take "ownership" of their airline. I tried hard to make people say "Hey, I had a good flight on AA/AE". And to this day when I hear "AA/AE sucks!", I still take it a bit personally....

That sounds like a disappointing situation in which you were wronged by the airline. In an effort to show fairness to Delta, and I realize that mileage may vary, I have never had a bad experience on Delta. Now as for a certain other legacy carrier with a big base in Texas, its a completely different story. I will avoid American every time if I can. Delta is usually at the top of my list for carriers to fly on. I guess it all just depends on where you fly to/from and the different employees you come into contact with.

Yet, you choose to disrespect his livelihood and mine. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
How, EXACTLY, am I disrespecting your livelyhood?

Did I say:

Reasons:

1. Delta customer service agents that don't speak English
2. Unwillingness to correct an obvious error on their part
3. After successfully arguing to have the change fee waived, the price of the Delta flight connecting through KJFK (Read that as being stuck on a god damned RJ) was going to be $400 more than a Southwest flight out of KPVD connecting through KPHX on a 737 for my wife + infant in arms, and my 2 year old in her own seat.
4. Delta pilots smell like cheap french cheese.
5. I heard on the internet that Doug Taylor eats babies.

No, I said that the customer service we are recieving is unacceptable, and that your competitor is getting our business (at nearly half the cost)

If
We are Delta. Sounds cheesy but, true.
then please, bump this up the chain. This is certainly not the first problem I have had with Delta customer service, but it more than likely will be the last.

Back