Scottsdale again.....

I saw Bob Littlefield at the Barrett-Jackson opening gala and almost went up to talk to him.

But then I figured "Doug plus Open Bar" doesn't bode well for a genteel conversation!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
well get in touch with a.o.p.a. airport watch they should be able to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the problems with SDL, and other GA fields, have been going on for quite a long time without any action from AOPA.

At this point let 'em do it. When all these whiners' property taxes skyrocket after they manage to close SDL we'll see how long it takes them to start complaining about that.

They're all idiots.

Re: disgruntled homeowners....and SDL

Brilliant. You can tell she put a lot of research into that one.

Yes she must have. Obviously radar would have moved the mountains that the couple from Utah (Actually San Diego) flew into.

What an ignorant .....

[ QUOTE ]
Also, there is no way for airport personnel to track aircraft and know who is only 300 feet above nearby homes. I have seen quite a few, but when I called, I was told the plane could not be identified! How can such a busy airport in such a densely populated area not have a radar system?

[/ QUOTE ]
How does she know who is driving by her house, probably less than 50 feet away? Or, God forbid, walking by on the sidewalk? Anarchy! Panic in the homes!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, there is no way for airport personnel to track aircraft and know who is only 300 feet above nearby homes. I have seen quite a few, but when I called, I was told the plane could not be identified! How can such a busy airport in such a densely populated area not have a radar system?

[/ QUOTE ]
How does she know who is driving by her house, probably less than 50 feet away? Or, God forbid, walking by on the sidewalk? Anarchy! Panic in the homes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! And unless she's under the final approach path and within about 1/2 mile no aircraft (outside helos) are going to be at 300 ft. AGL over her house. And how the hell does she know how high they are? What, does she whip out her Scottsdale B*tchy Neighbors Approved Laser Range Finder (tm) and tag all the airplanes that fly "over" her house? Didn't think so.

My advice to her: Shut up and go back to complaining about your kids' soccer referee.

[/ QUOTE ]What, does she whip out her Scottsdale B*tchy Neighbors Approved Laser Range Finder (tm) and tag all the airplanes that fly "over" her house?

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless! We ought to manufacture one, it'd make a killing out there!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

Back