School house, side-sticks and normal law

It's all about the Benjamins and time off to spend it.

Left seat, right seat, big jet, small jet, who cares.

MMMTO.

You are finally making progress Douglas. Remember, when you joined that you were supposed to be an L-1011 CA in about 7 years.

1. Congrats!
  2. The 330 has admirably slow approach speeds.
  3. With the retirement of the Crown Vic, many departments are adopting the Taurus as a police car. That, along with Darfgh moving to DTW, are somehow two steps closer to RoboCop happening.

It's all about the Benjamins and time off to spend it.

Left seat, right seat, big jet, small jet, who cares.

MMMTO.

Well, I care a lot about the seat too in addition to the Benjamins and time off to spend it. But that's me; there are lots of pilots with lots of individual preferences. Perhaps when you are my age you will have a different perspective!

1. With the retirement of the Crown Vic, many departments are adopting the Taurus as a police car. That, along with Darfgh moving to DTW, are somehow two steps closer to RoboCop happening.

Ford Taurus cop car in the flat black paint scheme. Cool...

I wish you luck, Doug. I think you're logic is sound if you are looking to an A320 upgrade as most likely. I'd be like the number 4 Capt in ANC on the MD11. They have some good trips. But going through a new skool is so reprehensible that it would take a rather drastic change in the status quo to even get me to think about it. Something like closing the ONT base and me having to bid a line and actually have to work again. Hope that doesn't happen....

Congrats Doug! Movin' on up. Mo' money. Mo' free time. New plane. Someday when you're an A320 captain with some young FO, you can tell them "Son, back when I was on the 727 we didn't have the plane land itself or keep us out of trouble. You had to do that all on your own."

I've already got my manuals downloaded and the VALinks set up (ahem, Kristie) and the airplane seems like even a sub-Saharan villager can learn to fly it.

Oh... Wait.

Back