Republic to Operate 12 Embraer E170 Jets for Midwest!

I don't understand why RAH pilots get such a bad rap. Honestly, I don't see why it is warranted. Every guy I have flown with at this company, every pilot I have met at this company, are really great people. This "chest pounding" stuff people speak of is not something I've seen since I've been here. I would say mostly, probably the majority of the pilot group, are just like any other pilot group. There's a few tools running around giving a bad impression of the place, but just about everyone is on the same page when it comes to issues critical to the industry. There are a lot of guys pissed about this deal...a LOT.

So I have to post now that you just outposted me by two! :) I think a lot of the bad rep came in regards to us knowing the old CHQ guys. Those guys were amazing! If you ever fly with an old CHQ CA you will know exactly what we are talking about. But you are right, at any company we all have our tools! But when your company is one of the larger, it just means there are more out there for us to meet! Even though percentage wise we all have about the same number!

I don't understand why RAH pilots get such a bad rap. Honestly, I don't see why it is warranted. Every guy I have flown with at this company, every pilot I have met at this company, are really great people. This "chest pounding" stuff people speak of is not something I've seen since I've been here. I would say mostly, probably the majority of the pilot group, are just like any other pilot group. There's a few tools running around giving a bad impression of the place, but just about everyone is on the same page when it comes to issues critical to the industry. There are a lot of guys pissed about this deal...a LOT.
But being pissed about something doesn't help the midwest guys. Being pissed about something isn't "pilot unity".

I accept that it's every man for himself and pilot unity is a joke, something to cheer about in good times and quietly ignore in bad. And that nothing will slow the undercutting and race to the bottom. But for the people who still live under the illusion that pilot groups will take sacrifices to help other pilot groups are obviously going to be upset.

I'll tell you why...because of uninformed posts like Seggy posted here. Fricking ridiculous! Hang in there Dave! It was great reading about your last day and your landing...!!! :)

You're my boy Dave...but...um...how do you propose we do this?? I NEED this job bro...

Well I wouldn't worry, a strike wouldn't happen, not in this state of the industry. The last thing the Government would do right now is authorize a strike that would hurt the badly bleeding air travel industry. Besides, you would still have your job at the end of a strike.

Oh and btw, Seggy is a really good guy. We were flight crew together at Colgan, he gets a little emotional, but really Seggs is probably one of the best guys you could meet in this business. ;)

Technically Dave, our scope regarding our planes hasn't been violated yet. If it did happen it would be bitter sweet...their pilots fly, but ours get furloughed.

Ahh yes, you are correct, it hasn't been violated - yet. If the Midwest pilots agree to the concessionary contract to fly these, than our contract will be violated. But again, see this clip here, this is probably the main reason why Bedford doesn't care about our contract, because in the end, it won't be violate anyway. We'll all just be labeled a ruthless group of pilots for putting Midwest pilots out of jobs. Guaranteed.

Airdale said:
Now, Bedford might be banking on the Midwest pilots not caving in and Republic ends up staffing the airplanes with our pilots

PCL_128 said:
Bingo! In fact, it's not just BB counting on this, it's Tim H. at Midwest. He'll demand a deal that is so draconian that he knows they'll never take it. The goal is to get the flying outsourced permanently, so he's not too concerned about the problems with your scope language. It will never be a factor, because the goal is to destroy MEH ALPA and outsource the flying.

But being pissed about something doesn't help the midwest guys. Being pissed about something isn't "pilot unity".

I accept that it's every man for himself and pilot unity is a joke, something to cheer about in good times and quietly ignore in bad. And that nothing will slow the undercutting and race to the bottom. But for the people who still live under the illusion that pilot groups will take sacrifices to help other pilot groups are obviously going to be upset.

I agree Clocks, but how to achieve "Unity" seems to be the question that everyone asks, but nobody answers. If your Union leaders do not lead the charge of unity, there will always be deformity in the ranks.

Something I learned in the military - if a strong willed person does not stand before his comrads, and lead them, excite them, encourage them and guide them - than greatness can never be achieved. The battle can never be won. The Unity never achieved.

Something I learned in the Airline industry - there are no strong willed people who stand before their comrads and lead them, excite them, encourage them and guide them - therefore the battle will always be lost and Unity never achieved.

Until that changes, it will always be every man for himself.

Oh and btw, Seggy is a really good guy. We were flight crew together at Colgan, he gets a little emotional, but really Seggs is probably one of the best guys you could meet in this business. ;)

Ahh yes, you are correct, it hasn't been violated - yet. If the Midwest pilots agree to the concessionary contract to fly these, than our contract will be violated. But again, see this clip here, this is probably the main reason why Bedford doesn't care about our contract, because in the end, it won't be violate anyway. We'll all just be labeled a ruthless group of pilots for putting Midwest pilots out of jobs. Guaranteed.

I'm sure Seggy's a great guy, but he's obviously got issues with our pilot group...referring to CAL scope in a non-CAL scope thread, which I haven't even heard about, nor can I find any posts about it on our own company forum..amongst other statements about us. It's a critical time for this industry...I'm flipping stressed about losing my job...I'm stressed about Airways going under...I'm stressed about supporting my family...I'm stressed cause I have a baby due in a week....but in the end, Sarah Palin still looks smoking hot on TV. Good night.

I'm stressed about Airways going under...I'm stressed about supporting my family...I'm stressed cause I have a baby due in a week....but in the end, Sarah Palin still looks smoking hot on TV. Good night.

Haha I think you hit it here at the end.... Airways under is a possibility, a baby well needless to say.... and Palin did one HELL of a job!

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to keep from having to fly these airplanes. The best you can do is just communicate to your MEH brothers that you aren't any more happy about this than they are.

So how does one refuse struck work? Doesn't it seem like an eerily similar situation? Not an attack... I'm just asking. If someone is presented with this situation, such as one might be during a strike, how should it be handled?

I am definitely not militant. In fact, you'd likely call me a kool-aid drinker. I just don't see how this situation is good for either party, especially the pilots of Midwest Airlines.

Let Midwest pilots worry about Midwest Airlines. Republic pilots should be intimately concerned about the company leasing company planes to another company and having their pilots fly them. That's the beginnings of another Freedom.

So how does one refuse struck work?

Refusing to fly struck work is protected under federal law. In fact, even sympathy strikes are protected under law (at least that's ALPA interpretation). Unfortunately, refusing to fly airplanes simply because it is outsourced work is not protected under law unless a legal strike is under way. You can't refuse to fly the aircraft unless the MEH boys are on strike.

Let Midwest pilots worry about Midwest Airlines. Republic pilots should be intimately concerned about the company leasing company planes to another company and having their pilots fly them. That's the beginnings of another Freedom.

As we are concerned. The union was not notified of this beforehand, so in the next few days, we'll know more about this and will wait to see how the company responds.

The next one of you guys setting off the censor and then bitching to me about how "yer just another flightinfo now!!" is going to get my foot up his ass.

bad situation for everyone. I dont want it, nor do the majority going by the tone on our republic forum.

ps... just logged into your republic forum.

How did you log on to our private site? There was nothing about this in any public forum.

I don't think you're fully comprehending what's going on here. The proposed lease to MEH is contingent upon the MEH pilots signing a new contract before the end of the 18 month term. In other words, the RAH outsourcing is being used as a hammer to force the MEH pilots into taking a concessionary deal within 18 months in order to get those planes. If they don't take the deal, then they lose the flying for good and RAH keeps flying feed. This is nothing but a massive whipsaw.

Oh I got it, see my other post on how this is all around bogus. Just probably didn't get my point across in the initial post well enough. :)

Not surprised at all by the news.

Sometimes it's good when bad things like this happen, it brings to light a certain problem.
Say goodbye to some decent jobs for some more 170 for 50 seat pay jobs. YEAHHhhh!

How did you log on to our private site? There was nothing about this in any public forum.

Did an intern at RAH back in college and have a lot of RAH pilots buddies. One of which is over at my place now and am reading through some of it now. Some whom I instructed with whom I have and know their information. Just go in and browse. Much as I've been on TSA and others.... Not too difficult. Anything on the internet is public :)! Something to keep in mind!

The next one of you guys setting off the censor and then bitching to me about how "yer just another flightinfo now!!" is going to get my foot up his ass.

But our mods warn us if we try to avoid what we mean. Thus when we type it out guess we are lucky we have the software in place? :)

So yeeaaahhhh... this whole deal stinks like 7 day old fish.

1. Its a whipsaw, pure and simple. We fly the planes until the pilots negotiate their contract, within 3 years. If no contract is signed in 3 years, we fly them...for 7 more.

2. They lease the planes from us. If they do sign the contract within the 3 year period, the planes are theirs and we furlough again.

3. I don't know who in this world would think its a great idea to fly planes under someone elses colors while their pilots stand in the terminal, with fresh furlough letters in hand, while they watch RAH planes in their colors push off their gates. Sounds like grounds for an ass whooping to me.

I dont mind being a code share, but when you underhandedly take flying out from someone and give it to someone else so you HAVE to furlough is a bunch of BS.

On another note, I go from being in the most hated and crapped on pilot group at Mesa, to the most hated and crapped on pilot group at RAH.

FTW!

Gotta love this industry.:sarcasm:

Not surprised at all by the news.

Sometimes it's good when bad things like this happen, it brings to light a certain problem.
Say goodbye to some decent jobs for some more 170 for 50 seat pay jobs. YEAHHhhh!

Just out of curiousity...who flies 170's for 50 seat pay?

Back