RAH Recall Notices Sent Out

Sounds like good news!

I would be a little wary of coming back right away while the company has airplanes dedicated to Midwest and Mokulele (sp?), though.

Sounds like good news!

I would be a little wary of coming back right away while the company has airplanes dedicated to Midwest and Mokulele (sp?), though.

It's great news!! I'm not furloughed, but I don't think the guys are too wary about it. Financially, Mokulele is definitely more secure than Midwest, but we'll see in 6 months where they stand. I don't see the Hawaii flying as a huge risk...but, what do I know??

Who knows if Dave is in this round of recalls...it would be great if he was though...(some wildlife will definitely breathe a sigh of relief if he puts his guns down!!)

Yeah, good news. Isn't Republic the airline that's flying the trips caused by the Midwest Express furlough?

Yeah, congratulations for stabbing some ALPA brothers in the back.

Yeah, good news. Isn't Republic the airline that's flying the trips caused by the Midwest Express furlough?

V....why would you say that? We found out about this flying the same day that the Midwest pilots did. How the hell am I stabbing these guys in the back when management set this entire deal up without obviously including the pilots.

You know what, this has been beaten like a dead horse...I'm out.

No ####. I guess that makes it all right. Republic guys just lowered themselves to GoJet status.
What are they supposed to do? Quit because of a contract management imposed? They aren't flying struck work, they aren't crossing a picket line.
It sucks but every regional is doing this in some form or another.

V....why would you say that? We found out about this flying the same day that the Midwest pilots did. How the hell am I stabbing these guys in the back when management set this entire deal up without obviously including the pilots.

You know what, this has been beaten like a dead horse...I'm out.

Excuses, excuses. Good luck getting an ALPA jumpseat.

What are they supposed to do? Quit because of a contract management imposed? They aren't flying struck work, they aren't crossing a picket line.
It sucks but every regional is doing this in some form or another.

I don't know. Refuse to bid Midwest flying? I guess that would be too much to ask. GoJet pilots didn't cross a picket line either.

Alter ego is alter ego. Republic pilots need to start wearing their badges backwards.

Excuses, excuses. Good luck getting an ALPA jumpseat.

I use an ALPA jumpseat 15 times a month going back and forth to work. You're way over the top on this one.

Bidding Midwest flying? Have you heard of involuntary displacements? Check it out sometime. I haven't bid one Midwest trip and you know what, they show up on my schedule. It's funny, I've been able to seriously talk with about 4-5 Midwest pilots and they don't blame us, but a bitter Alaska pilot does blame us. Check out the facts before you spew out that garbage.

Management does what management does, what don't you get?

I don't like this situation anymore than you do, Velo, but it's not the fault of the RAH pilots. They've done nothing wrong.

No ####. I guess that makes it all right. Republic guys just lowered themselves to GoJet status.

Definitely not the case. GoJet is a completely different situation.

The GoJet pilots made a choice to accept employment at GoJet knowing the situation. The RAH pilots did not, they already had the jobs and this was a deal management put together. I liken this more to the UPS/AStar-DHL deal. The UPS pilots didn't cause it, it was dropped in their lap. Am I reading the situations correctly?

The GoJet pilots made a choice to accept employment at GoJet knowing the situation. The RAH pilots did not, they already had the jobs and this was a deal management put together. I liken this more to the UPS/AStar-DHL deal. The UPS pilots didn't cause it, it was dropped in their lap. Am I reading the situations correctly?

EXACTLY. Thanks for your support WacoFan. Republic is a good pilot group and we really hate to see what's going on with Midwest. Hopefully something better will be sorted out...

My above comment in no way indicates a lack of compassion toward the Midwest pilots. I have always used them whenever I could and enjoyed their service. Best wishes to those displaced.

Now V, you may not care about what I'm about to say. . .BUT here goes. . .

While I'm sure some RAH pilots are all giddy like school girls because they "stole" career professional pilot's flying that was being flown by Midwest's ALPA represented work group, I'm fairly certain they are in the extreme minority.

While I can also to a certain regard agree with your overall statement, I must confess that I can not say that I feel the RAH's pilot group (as a whole) is enjoying their latest adventure into the out-sourcing game.

With that being said, I recognize that many RAH pilots would much rather NOT do the flying, but unfortunately they lack any legal avenue to not fly such work. As such, and since it isn't their decision to fly for or not fly for Midwest, I can not place much (if any) blame on the RAH pilot group.

They're being told to do the flying by an amazingly corrupt group of managers (at RAH and Midwest).

It would be best to direct our efforts to correctly the wrong by at least pointing the finger towards the proper culprit - management at RAH and Midwest, and their associated holding company, along with an amazingly weak RLA that handcuffs us as pilots of contract lift providers to do the bidding of our management without any chance to put it towards the integrity test.

Tomorrow is a key day to either strengthening the RLA in the favor of professional pilots who depend on it, or to further eroding it and placing the ball much deeper into management's court.

The choice is a tough one, especially for our more morally inclined pilot brothers. Who when posed with a candidate who will undoubtedly erode the RLA beyond any point which could be corrected or a candidate who will undoubtedly improve the RLA in the favor of organized labor will chose the candidate that is "more American" than the other guy.

If you want to chastise our fellow professional aviators because of THAT decision, then rock and roll. But chastising the RAH pilot group for flying work that was conceived by management at both companies, regardless of how it would affect the pilots involved will just simply erode any attempt that we as a profession have of coming together with pilot groups who are not part of the "Airline Pilot's" union.

:)

Back to the topic...it appears as if it's only around 14 recalls at this point. Not a ton, but still good news.

That's 14 people who will be earning a salary again, especially in this economy right now, that's better than nothing. Good news.

Back