RAH Recall Notices Sent Out

"No ####. I guess that makes it all right. Republic guys just lowered themselves to GoJet status."

Man, you guys are in trouble now. You got Velo after you....

I'd consider him a 1%er, though. Maybe even a fraction of a 1%er if he's going to give Republic guys Gojet status. I'd say you don't need to worry much. When was the last time you heard of a Jetblue guy getting turned down for a ride? That was Velo's battle cry a couple years ago.

In any case, come on over to UPS. Lot's of jumpseats. You just gotta like flying at night...

That statement shows most of the regional guys aren't getting it. You didn't lose any flying at your company its not yours. You are subcontracted at a regional to do work for some one else. When your plane stops saying connection or express on the side then the flying is most likely yours. This is MIDWEST flying they are poaching. Mainline guys who have worked their whole career are on the street because some one else is doing MIDWEST flying. Their flying. If you have more connection flights than mainline what are you connecting to??????

On a side note I know its not the pilots fault at Republic. I have talked to many who are upset about this also. I don't harbor any bad feelings towards them. The fact is this is a screw job and I was hoping the Midwest pilots would close that place down if management was going to allow this to happen.

Your logic works both ways really...its not RAH's flying...its given to them by Midwest's management and accepted by RAH's management. I don't really see how the pilots have a choice in this matter.

In any case, come on over to UPS. Lot's of jumpseats. You just gotta like flying at night...
Not RAH but you guys got me to San Antonio the other day when everyone else was full. It was nice :) Thanks. Had to stop over in SDF but it was worth it.

Your logic works both ways really...its not RAH's flying...its given to them by Midwest's management and accepted by RAH's management. I don't really see how the pilots have a choice in this matter.

On a side note I know its not the pilots fault at Republic. I have talked to many who are upset about this also. I don't harbor any bad feelings towards them. The fact is this is a screw job and I was hoping the Midwest pilots would close that place down if management was going to allow this to happen.

Apparently reading comprehension was not you strong point. :rolleyes:

I dunno, looks like the teamsters pilots got the 1st call back. What has ALPA done for you lately? ( retorical no need for answers)

You're getting one anyways.

At my airline, ALPA worked with management to completely prevent furloughs in the first place.

In lieu of furloughs we got-A) Voluntary leave of absence of up to five years
B) Voluntary "Zero Time" Lines
C) Voluntary "Half Time" Lines

Net result, those who wanted time to pursue other things or just take a little unpaid time off did so. Nobody else was forced to do anything. Nobody was furloughed.

You're getting one anyways.

At my airline, ALPA worked with management to completely prevent furloughs in the first place.

In lieu of furloughs we got-A) Voluntary leave of absence of up to five years
B) Voluntary "Zero Time" Lines
C) Voluntary "Half Time" Lines

Net result, those who wanted time to pursue other things or just take a little unpaid time off did so. Nobody else was forced to do anything. Nobody was furloughed.

You seriously think ALPA was the reason you didn't furlough? Do you seriously think if the company needed to, they wouldn't have furloughed because of ALPA? RAH did as well offer voluntary time off and voluntary furloughs. XJT did everything that AE did and we know the end result of that, even with ALPA. I guess you can throw that reasoning out of the
window. Sure, ALPA can strongarim management, but in the end mgmt. is going to do what works best for them.

Net result, you didn't furlough because management didn't feel the need, that's it.

You seriously think ALPA was the reason you didn't furlough? Do you seriously think if the company needed to, they wouldn't have furloughed because of ALPA? RAH did as well offer voluntary time off and voluntary furloughs. XJT did everything that AE did and we know the end result of that, even with ALPA. I guess you can throw that reasoning out of the
window. Sure, ALPA can strongarim management, but in the end mgmt. is going to do what works best for them.

Net result, you didn't furlough because management didn't feel the need, that's it.

YES.

It's one thing to offer a LOA but if it is not a good one nobody would take it. Our MEC worked with the company to make the LOA something people would be willing to take. PT line have been a big help.

RAH calling back people has nothing to do with the unions. RAH has a better business plan, even in these tough times they are finding new work for their aircraft (albeit at the cost of other pilots), and they are also flying aircraft that are more profitable.

Its not ALPAs fault that XJT, PSA, AWAC, etc fly aircraft that when oil spiked were unable to be profitable.

Alpo? Speaking of people that need to grow up.....:rolleyes:

Kind of like uSAPa eh? ;)

Look, the RAH pilots aren't at fault here. Would you expect soldiers to lay down their firearms in Iraq just because they don't agree with the war? What good with that do? They have a job to do. No matter how much they disagree with it, they still have a job to do.

What needs to be done here is have Teamsters work with ALPA to correct this problem.

Of course I know pilots working together is too much to ask for it. Instead, let's all act like 4 year-olds and fingerpoint. :rolleyes:

What needs to be done here is have Teamsters work with ALPA to correct this problem.

ALPA used to work with the Teamsters quite a bit. But then the Teamsters decided to secede from the AFL-CIO, refuse to pay millions in back dues, and started raiding ALPA properties. Kind of hard to work with someone that is trying to raid your union shops.

ALPA used to work with the Teamsters quite a bit. But then the Teamsters decided to secede from the AFL-CIO, refuse to pay millions in back dues, and started raiding ALPA properties. Kind of hard to work with someone that is trying to raid your union shops.

Kinda reminds me of these guys

gnomes.jpg

That statement shows most of the regional guys aren't getting it.

No, I get it. But the majority doesn't.

Rather than piss on the pilots, why aren't people pissing on Midwest management for selling their own employees down the stream?

You guys couldn't hit the water if you fell out of a boat. Like someone mentioned before, its like 4 year olds finger pointing.

No, I get it. But the majority doesn't.

Rather than piss on the pilots, why aren't people pissing on Midwest management for selling their own employees down the stream?

You guys couldn't hit the water if you fell out of a boat. Like someone mentioned before, its like 4 year olds finger pointing.

Because Walter does what Walter wants to. I heard he pulled out a gun because of a disagreement over a bowling match.

Mark it Zero Smokey!!!!!! Your foot was over the line!!!!!

Amen, Bro.

RAH pilots actually picketed with Midwest pilots on this very issue. Since 2005, it's Midwest Airlines, not Midwest Express. You don't seem to have a complete understanding of what's been going on beyond what you see as far as agreements. I've been a pilot at a non-union carrier, an ALPA carrier, and a Teamsters carrier and have found that your type of philosophy is of the extreme minority and does not solve anything. If management wants a deal like this, they have found a way and there's nothing we or anybody can currently do to stop it, so instead of pointing fingers and making threats, why don't you explain to us how we can fix this issue beyond just being unified. That's not enough, legally.

Back