RAH Recall Notices Sent Out

I actually agree some what with Velo. Why should we be happy that a bunch of people at the bottom of the industry come back at the expense of people who have put years and years into it? I'm not happy for any of those people if they go to the Midwest codeshare. I personally don't think this is like GoJet though. This is the problem when you have the dock workers union representing a pilot group. They don't seem to care they are ruining mainline ALPA jobs.

No ####. I guess that makes it all right. Republic guys just lowered themselves to GoJet status.

Ah...good ole Velo...some things never change. I'm to the point in my life where I couldn't care less about opinions like yours.

I'm not on the recall list as of yet. Not to my knowledge. Sounds like its just a few, but I hear some are bypassing. Nevertheless, still a good sign. Maybe I'll be back to work by January. Until then...its back to the ocean and marshes.....:D

dpp2159wz0.jpg

I actually agree some what with Velo. Why should we be happy that a bunch of people at the bottom of the industry come back at the expense of people who have put years and years into it? I'm not happy for any of those people if they go to the Midwest codeshare. I personally don't think this is like GoJet though. This is the problem when you have the dock workers union representing a pilot group. They don't seem to care they are ruining mainline ALPA jobs.

Hey...pssst. Do some research before you give your opinion on this. The union wasn't notified about this until we, the pilot group, was notified. Your last line is a bunch of crap. There was actually a joint effort and encouragement from our union to go up and support the Midwest pilots because yes, they are getting royally screwed. And about the "Midwest codeshare"...no one is getting recalled into the MCI base. What our company has decided to do is keep the MCI base small and have pilots in CMH, DCA and PIT fly a majority of the Midwest trips. They blend in all the trips with the Airways trips...if we choose not to fly a trip, we get fired, plain and simple.

Aye aye aye

Congrats RAH! Great news to hear for many of my buddies. All of which are excited and hope this is a sign of good things for ALL to come. Not one of them is hoping this is just an RAH thing but a sign of many more to come. We shall see though. All in all great news for RAH.

I've had several RAH jumpseaters since the Midwest announcement was made, and every one of them expressed their support for the Midwest pilots and their wish that it hadn't happened. I'm sure there are some guys that are happy, but it seems that most are pretty unhappy about it.

I've had several RAH jumpseaters since the Midwest announcement was made, and every one of them expressed their support for the Midwest pilots and their wish that it hadn't happened. I'm sure there are some guys that are happy, but it seems that most are pretty unhappy about it.

It's easy to give them support by simply placing myself in their shoes. I'm at an airline...another one comes in to fly our routes with their own pilots and I'm on the street. Beyond pissed would sum up what I'd be.

Hey, I'm furloughed too. I know the Midwest guys are feeling about their jobs. Unfortunately thats the way of the business. I might not be furloughed because other airlines are taking our flying, but the reason doesn't matter. The fact remains the last 2 months have been a tailspin in my life trying to make ends meet, lifestyle changes, job applications etc. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Hell, I've even had stomach problems that doctors relate to stress about being out of work.

Ya'll can piss moan bitch argue, point fingers and sling poo all you want. Until you stop and think about what you're saying, you're just another typical pilot living in venturi's tube. Like my wife tells me all the time - grow up.

Amen, Bro.

Amen, Bro.

So what do you suppose we do? Wear our Ids backwards, that will stick it to em... The Republic pilots have no legal grounds to not fly the Midwest stuff. Even if it were an ALPA carrier that got this flying how would it be any different? It would just be another ALPA carrier screwing over another ALPA carrier. Would this somehow be OK or does ALPA have the authority to strike for no legal reason?

I dunno, looks like the teamsters pilots got the 1st call back. What has ALPA done for you lately? ( retorical no need for answers)

Its not even about that. What kind of message are guys like Velo sending? Guys who have been flying for many many years. I don't see posts that reflect their experience, I see pitty garbage and bickering.

If you want younger pilots to respect you old salty Captains, well than you better act the part. You're not going to change the attitudes of the younger generation by acting like kids. You're certainly not going to plead ALPA's case and get the younger pilots on board with ALPA when all you do is act like a spoiled teenaged kid that deserves a black eye.

We're not stupid. We're all aviators. Its time for everyone to just get off each others case and have some respect. The senior pilots need to do a better job of mentoring and a better job of educating the rights and wrongs in this industry.

Velo, you know good and damn well that the course of events between Republic and Midwest have nothing to do with the pilots at Republic. You know that. How do I know that you know that? Because you've been around the block. How many times has your company squeaked out some flying at someone elses expense?Did you cry in your cheerios for those other pilots and leave your job to them? You know this happens, you know that's how this industry works. I'm sick and tired of half of the garbage that comes out of the mouths of certain pilots and I'm definitely tired of reading it. You guys sound like a bunch of teenagers arguing over who's skateboard is coolest. Or a bunch of Seniors picking on the Juniors because they're a year younger. Get a friggin hobby. Better yet, get a life.

I rid myself of this madness.

Congratulations for all the recallees. Hopefully its so you can put my company out of business in HI rather than for any Midwest reasons, as I thought they were already adequetely staffed to handle the Midwest flying.

Hey, I'm furloughed too. I know the Midwest guys are feeling about their jobs. Unfortunately thats the way of the business. I might not be furloughed because other airlines are taking our flying, but the reason doesn't matter. The fact remains the last 2 months have been a tailspin in my life trying to make ends meet, lifestyle changes, job applications etc. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Hell, I've even had stomach problems that doctors relate to stress about being out of work.

Ya'll can piss moan bitch argue, point fingers and sling poo all you want. Until you stop and think about what you're saying, you're just another typical pilot living in venturi's tube. Like my wife tells me all the time - grow up.

That statement shows most of the regional guys aren't getting it. You didn't lose any flying at your company its not yours. You are subcontracted at a regional to do work for some one else. When your plane stops saying connection or express on the side then the flying is most likely yours. This is MIDWEST flying they are poaching. Mainline guys who have worked their whole career are on the street because some one else is doing MIDWEST flying. Their flying. If you have more connection flights than mainline what are you connecting to??????

On a side note I know its not the pilots fault at Republic. I have talked to many who are upset about this also. I don't harbor any bad feelings towards them. The fact is this is a screw job and I was hoping the Midwest pilots would close that place down if management was going to allow this to happen.

Back