QX2059 Jumpseater tries to shutdown engines

Sounds like an Auburn Calloway part 2, minus the physical attack.

A little off topic, but last year I had an Uber ride to MEM from the hotel. Driver was a FedEx manager who’s sister dated him around that time.

Probably the most interesting van ride I’ve ever had.

A little off topic, but last year I had an Uber ride to MEM from the hotel. Driver was a FedEx manager who’s sister dated him around that time.

Probably the most interesting van ride I’ve ever had.

Now that would’ve been some interesting conversation on that ride! Talk about a small world…

I’m
Now that would’ve been some interesting conversation on that ride! Talk about a small world…

Probably the only time I wish the ride was longer. I still had about 15 questions when we got to the terminal.

1698080186732.jpeg

I don’t work at this airline.

I work for a virtual airline online with Flight Simulator 2002. I know a virtual pilot and I’m shocked. When I had planes made for Flight Simulator 2002 using FSsim, he was an instructor.

Sad part is, the industry here has generally felt itself to be impervious to most insider attacks, as the threat was accepted to be on the other side of the cockpit door.

The knee jerk I can see: Off or online junpseater, now how do you vet them? Not just talking credentials and CASS, but their mental state? How about simply the other guy in the cockpit who you may not know? Could’ve been this guy if he was flying instead of jumpseating.

FAA may have just gotten there “see! We need more mental health evals in medicals”. And TSA may have just gotten there “see! Flight Crews can’t be trusted either!”.

Sad part is, the industry here has generally felt itself to be impervious to most insider attacks, as the threat was accepted to be on the other side of the cockpit door.

The knee jerk I can see: Off or online junpseater, now how do you vet them? Not just talking credentials and CASS, but their mental state? How about simply the other guy in the cockpit who you may not know? Could’ve been this guy if he was flying instead of jumpseating.

FAA may have just gotten there “see! We need more mental health evals in medicals”. And TSA may have just gotten there “see! Flight Crews can’t be trusted either!”.

There are nearly 24K passenger flights per day in the U.S. As I understand it, this has happened twice in 30 years. That means the probability of this occurring is 1:131,400,000 ... give or take.

Forgive me for asking as someone who isn't a Part 121 pilot, but why do we need to do anything different? Perhaps what we're doing is working pretty well.

Back