Question about Gulfstream

PaulS

They say at Gulfstream that you can complete within 39 weeks from 0 time to flying the line as a paid pilot (28 weeks for training and 11 weeks F/O program). Anyone heard anything about the program? Are they still sending hires to the airlines even now?

You have got to be kidding me. Not again....
confused.gif

In my professional opinion, it's not that good of a program by virtue of what I've read about it and seen via email from people that have finished the program and are looking for work.

But that's your decision as long as you're not taking any government money!
smile.gif

(See, I can be nice!)

*and don' t be afraid of the thread, I just thought 14-plus pages was quite enough*

Thanks. I'm not really considering it. I'm either going to choose ATP or Comair, although I think I'm leaning more to Comair. Oh, sorry. Delta Connection Academy. Anyway, would you say DCA is a good choice, other then $$? How would you compare it to ATP?

How much does it cost? I'm an old timer (scary to say that because I'm 33).

DCA says 65K all inclusive-all ratings plus CFI, CFI-II, and I believe MEI, jet trasition, etc. They say 10-12 months training, followed by about 1 year instructing. Instructors I believe are paid $10/hr.

ATP is 35K plus cost for private (about 5K). This does includes CFI, CFI-II, and MEI. They say program should be done in 5-6 months.

[ QUOTE ]
DCA says 65K all inclusive-all ratings plus CFI, CFI-II, and I believe MEI, jet trasition, etc. They say 10-12 months training, followed by about 1 year instructing. Instructors I believe are paid $10/hr.

ATP is 35K plus cost for private (about 5K). This does not include CFI. only Private, IFR, single and multi commercial, and jet transition. They say program should be done in 5-6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

ATP includes CFI, CFII and MEI in that program.. I'd check your info
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sorry. my mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

Np Duuuuuude.

For some reason I have the intro to "Hey Dude" (10 years ago?) in my head, atleast the part that said Hey Duuuuude.

Gulfstream is a terrible choice. You seem to be only considering "nice brochure, big promises, flight academies". Have you considered getting your ratings and experience at a smaller, local, flight school. You'll save a lot of money and the training can be just as good if you pick the right place.

Incidentally, you can no longer start with zero time at Gulfstream. They no longer conduct primary flight training, just their evil PFT operation.

"You'll admit to anyone you're a Gulfstream pilot"

Wrong John.

I am a former Gulfstream pilot and don't lie about it.

Nor do I see any reason why I should. I made a descision to do what I did, aulthough mabye not the best descision, I did it. And won't lie about it.

I was going to link to a post a remember reading on flightinfo where you admit that Gulfstream was the wrong choice, but all the your username and all your posts have been deleted.

I deleted them because someone hijacked my screename... I still post there.

And I would not reccomend for anyone to go there right now. I have been trying to get money from them and they don't return any phonecalls. Given another choice, I wouldn't do it again.

My point was that I am not ashamed to tell anyone where I used to work, that is all. You dont see me telling people to go there now when PFT comes up, do you? I just stand up for a descision that I made, is all.

That fits my 3 results I posted earlier:

1) Lie about it
2) Hide it
3) Rationalize the mistake

I know you are saying you made a decision but by saying others shouldn't do it then are you saying you made a mistake?

Back