Puppymill types...KCPS - What on earth is going on?

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
Came in to Parks this morning and it was like someone raided a "Top Gun" movie party. Freakin 150s, DA-20s, and Cherokees flying in every direction. Is there some kind of spot landing competition going on? Awwww yeah. I'm gonna get me some lunch money... ;)

There were the normal "Billiken"s, a "Sioux", and some others. Big lineup of very nicely painted spamcans over by Jet Aviation, too.

NIFA national competition. I'll be up there come Saturday.
*edit* No, I'm not one of the gel-haired, epaulet wearing wannabes.

Both Riddles are parked over at Jet Aviation that I saw this morning. Its gonna get a whole heck of a lot busier too. Good thing that when you go in and out it should be fairly calm but then again its a flight team competition...

Also, in Badenov vs. entire Golden Egos flight team, my money's on the Moo driver...

*edit* No, I'm not one of the gel-haired, epaulet wearing wannabes.

Oh, I kid, I kid. If I were at a puppymill, I'd probably be on the team. At least you're flying instead of studying Advanced Human Factors XXIV and writing book reports on the relative merits of the CRJ/ERJ.

That doesn't mean I won't make fun of you, mind you. But it's all in good fun. Now give me your lunch money.

Also, in Badenov vs. entire Golden Egos flight team, my money's on the Moo driver...

I did bat around the idea of landing on 5 (2800ft, I think). But since I'm not actually SuperPilot, there's a chance I'd wind up in the weeds, and that would significantly reduce my ability to talk smack, which would be a tragedy for JC and aviation in general.

I did bat around the idea of landing on 5 (2800ft, I think). But since I'm not actually SuperPilot, there's a chance I'd wind up in the weeds, and that would significantly reduce my ability to talk smack, which would be a tragedy for JC and aviation in general.

Oughta smack those painted line stripe things on 30R once in awhile...
Kinda out of your way though.

Oughta smack those painted line stripe things on 30R once in awhile...
Kinda out of your way though.

Yeah 30R is a no-go for taxi time reasons. 5/23 would work, but it seems like every time the wind is favoring, I'm exhausted and wuss out. Every once in a while I see braunpilot or one of the CASW guys use 5 and make the first turnoff, and think "I could do that!", though. Maybe on my last day..."What could possibly go wrong!?"

It would be great if you made a pass during the message drop event. Though one of the FLX 210s would be a little better suited I'm thinking...

They're responding to the fake Craigslist ad I posted, claiming to be a 22-year old blond college girl looking to meet a real life pilot! If any of them popped a blue pill enroute, it should make for an interesting afternoon. "Hey, I don't think that's hair gel ... oh wait, it is. A lot of it."

They're responding to the fake Craigslist ad I posted, claiming to be a 22-year old blond college girl looking to meet a real life pilot! If any of them popped a blue pill enroute, it should make for an interesting afternoon. "Hey, I don't think that's hair gel ... oh wait, it is. A lot of it."

There's a "spot landing" joke in here somewhere...

Roger Roger said:
It would be great if you made a pass during the message drop event. Though one of the FLX 210s would be a little better suited I'm thinking...

You need to talk to upup. I'm either drunk or asleep by the time any of this stuff is liable to happen. Plus, he has a whole hangar full of beefy, surly, good ole boy mechanics to crew up on the angry hair-gelled mob...

You need to talk to upup. I'm either drunk or asleep by the time any of this stuff is liable to happen. Plus, he has a whole hangar full of beefy, surly, good ole boy mechanics to crew up on the angry hair-gelled mob...

ha ha... I can think of a few that would love the chance...

Yeah 30R is a no-go for taxi time reasons. 5/23 would work, but it seems like every time the wind is favoring, I'm exhausted and wuss out. Every once in a while I see braunpilot or one of the CASW guys use 5 and make the first turnoff, and think "I could do that!", though. Maybe on my last day..."What could possibly go wrong!?"

If the winds are correct tonight I will do that tonight! Sounds like I need to show the pups that you can land a baron on 5/23. In the C210 I could have stopped halfway down the runway. Then again, that was when I was doing six landings a day.

I accept Ramen Noodles and credit cards.

Woow! I don't wanna know where that card reader is!

If the winds are correct tonight I will do that tonight! Sounds like I need to show the pups that you can land a baron on 5/23. In the C210 I could have stopped halfway down the runway. Then again, that was when I was doing six landings a day.

Ha ha... trust me after a week of flight team looking at nothing but a Skyhawk a Baron starts to feel like the biggest baddest plane you've ever seen. I'm sure they will be overjoyed.

Yeah, it's the NIFA national competition. We (Western Michigan) will be flying in tomorrow, as will many other schools. Yeah, there are spot landings, bomb drop, and many other flying events.

No, despite being on the flight team, I'm not a "puppymill type."

Every time I go into 5, I think "Is today the day I get shot at?" Cahokia/East St. Louis is freakin' scary! So I usually try to depart 5 and land 23, much safer.

Back