PUBNAT2- What states did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....I never said they would or would not hire anyone. I have no idea who or how many people they are going to hire. Yet,you know that Pub 3 will hire more???I simply they are hiring LESS people on this announcment. That is true...They will hire less every publication.

Where did you get your information on how the budget works? Do you work for the FAA's accounting dep? My parent is a manager at a center...Does this qualify as high up enough....This came from a very very high up person, thats all I can say. You can believe what you want. I will :buck:

People get so bent out of shape on this forum when they hear something that might be less then favorable to them...geeesh.

I did not mean to sound bent out of shape. But you are wrong...

Again, I am only stating what I was told. If we really want to get into this game of "my source is better then yours" then I would bank on a reigonal head knowing more then a facility manager. Thats just me, whatever. I'm not particularly thrilled about the info either. I just appreciate it if people don't try to discredit someone else because it doesnt fit into their hopes. Anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point. The situation is what it is. I'll just leave it at that.

Gilie, intresting to hear someone else put MO as a preferance. I thought I heard somewhere that KC is hard up for people, but that could be completely wrong. Saint Louis has 4 locations. STL (Lambert) is pretty over staffed like I said. SUS is a sweet gig. I used to work out there and did some interships with the county for them. General aviation and business jets.Two paralels, nice and easy. I dont know about STL approach, but given the relative light traffic STL gets I cant imagine they would be that busy. The only other place is Saint Louis Down Town. Not too much going on there either.

How do you like KC? I was thinking of putting the center down on my next geo preference.

Go Mizzou

Again, I am only stating what I was told. If we really want to get into this game of "my source is better then yours" then I would bank on a reigonal head ( They are call SERVICE AREAS...Regions do not exist anymore....) knowing more then a facility manager. Thats just me, whatever. I'm not particularly thrilled about the info either. I just appreciate it if people don't try to discredit someone else because it doesnt fit into their hopes. Anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point. The situation is what it is. I'll just leave it at that.

Game??? You asked who my source was and I answered...

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say that Pub2's will get hired less because they are on last years fiscal plan and Pub3's will be hired more.... When you are hired..you are put on a list for a facility..facilities have funds to send trainees to OKC...... No one here is hired..or put on that list until after your pepc... So saying that Pub2's...are on last fiscal years plan is silly...

Now...I won't argue with you anymore. It's pointless.

I picked WI as number one, IL as number two, and specified the north eastern and north central counties of IL (can't remember all of them now).

Game??? You asked who my source was and I answered...

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say that Pub2's will get hired less because they are on last years fiscal plan and Pub3's will be hired more.... When you are hired..you are put on a list for a facility..facilities have funds to send trainees to OKC...... No one here is hired..or put on that list until after your pepc... So saying that Pub2's...are on last fiscal years plan is silly...

Now...I won't argue with you anymore. It's pointless.

I do not know how to make this any more clear then I already have. This is simply what I was told by the "reigonal" head. (maybe thats not what you call it, but thats what it says on the faa's website so I'm goin by that) I have no idea how they do the budget. I dont work for them. I can only go by what I am told. In this case I was fortunate enough to be told by a high ranking person. Given that he is involved in the and you are not, I dont really see how that seems rediculous.

I picked California only, Terminal only, LA and Orange county, and finally requested LAX. I grad CTI but applied before I graduated OTS. I too have UAV experience but non-military, along with my CMEL. Keeping my fingers crossed....

I think there could be a slight chance we could end up at the same PEPC. I was Terminal only and I picked LAX as well as several other counties in SOCAL,BUT ATL ATCT was my second choice, so you never no right. Just curious but what kind of UAV experiance do you have? There just aren't that many people I have come into contact with that were involved with UAV's or UCAV'S

I put down Ohio (CMH,DAY,Cleveland Center, CVG in that order)
Colorado (Colorado Springs)

en route and terminal... in comments I basically put "I'll go where ever planes fly"

clear skies and tailwinds...

I do not know how to make this any more clear then I already have. This is simply what I was told by the "reigonal" head. (maybe thats not what you call it, but thats what it says on the faa's website so I'm goin by that) I have no idea how they do the budget. I dont work for them. I can only go by what I am told. In this case I was fortunate enough to be told by a high ranking person. Given that he is involved in the and you are not, I dont really see how that seems rediculous.

I think that your 'regional head' has no idea what he is talking if he truly said that PUB3 will hire more applicants than PUB2.

I see the statement as being 'ridiculous' because it is not true in any way.

The FAA is hiring roughly 2,000 'trainees' in the fiscal year 2009 and isn't going to 'pick and choose' what PUBATs get what number of TOLs. They will base it on your desired location, your AT SAT score, your work experience, your education, etc. If 2,000 applicants (former military, veterans, OTS, CTI, etc.) meet the criteria by the end of the year 2009 and all want to go to different places that need controllers, then they will 'push' these people through and not 'jump' to another PUBAT on the chance that there is someone there who is more qualified. To sum up, if well qualified enough people happened to apply in PUBAT2 and other announcements that aren't OTS (during the same time period of roughly April-August), then they will get the majority, if not all, of the spots for the fiscal year 2009 and people who applied in later OTS PUBATs will have to wait until the next fiscal year for their chance to work for the FAA.

I am kind of curious about your contact telling you that you weren't on the terminal list.... Maybe they selected you for ATL TRACON or ARTCC because of your high AT-SAT score and maybe other factors as well(I.E. Not perfect vision). Surely if your contact can tell you your not on a terminal list, they can tell you if your on another list, right? (not trying to be a smart-ass)

I picked the terminal only option, Geo preferences: 1st) LAX ATCT also other SO CAL counties. 2) ATL ATCT. I scored a 93.8 on my AT-SAT. I was a UAV Pilot in the USMC with combat flight experience so I have VRA preference as well. From one DAWG to another Dawg: I would love to get some info from your "contact" on the Terminal lists' as well.

-Patrick

With all due respect Patrick, I hope for your sake you don't get LAX ATCT or ATL ATCT right off the bat. You need to start at a slightly less assiduously demanding environment.

Terminal only: FL and NC
Would love to get in to CLT or JAX, but I will definitely take anywhere.

Wow some one actually picked kjax. It is a good facility and the people are awsome there. They are currently hiring 20 more people and 9 just got out of OKC. Be careful of the elevator of doom.

I have never heard that. I had to take it, so that's definately not true.

Ok let me specify a little more, i thought prior military controllers diddnt have to take the ATSAT since it would be kind of redundant to have a experienced controller take the test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back