PUBNAT2- What states did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be more common then you think. It is possible to get as high as 105 if you are ex military they get a 5 point bonus (hr does not like to advertise that). Then they have to go through the CTI students. On top of that they didn't hire as many people from pubnat 2 as they did from before. Budgetary constraints. The FAA is starting to rev down the hiring a little bit due to the slow down in the economy. Less controllers wanting to retire and the airlines cutting flights etc etc.

On the up side, PUBNAT 3 will be the first in a new fiscal year, so they will be hiring more people then in pubnat 2.

2 things wrong here....

1. i think it will be hard to tell that they have slowed their hiring down for PUBNAT2 considering no one has been hired yet.
2. since no one from pubnat2 has been hired yet...how will pubnat3 be the first for the new fiscal year which started yesterday???

just wondering where you found all this great info you posted?

It may be more common then you think. It is possible to get as high as 105 if you are ex military they get a 5 point bonus (hr does not like to advertise that). Then they have to go through the CTI students. On top of that they didn't hire as many people from pubnat 2 as they did from before. Budgetary constraints. The FAA is starting to rev down the hiring a little bit due to the slow down in the economy. Less controllers wanting to retire and the airlines cutting flights etc etc.

On the up side, PUBNAT 3 will be the first in a new fiscal year, so they will be hiring more people then in pubnat 2.

I seriously have to laugh.... so you are saying..they wont select you for a job because you made the mistake of being on the last application of the fiscal year...which by the way...you applied to in May. It doesn't quiet work that way sir.

I will go through the steps for you.

1. application-->PEPC--->TOL
2. TOL =tentative offer for a facility with an anticipated need
3. FOL= you get this once an opening is available
4. Appointment to OKC= This is where the fiscal calender comes into play...not during the selection process...

I know that there are people that get selected for Chicago and Indy Centers....and find out that they are 20 or so on the list to actually begin training...(thats 20 on the list for INDY or ZAU)
Why? 2 reasons...1. Waiting on retirements,washouts,terminations. 2. Funds to send trainees to Oklahoma City.

Also, a trainee will be sent to OKC expeditiously if the facility he or she was selected for is a critically staffed facility.

I seriously have to laugh.... so you are saying..they wont select you for a job because you made the mistake of being on the last application of the fiscal year...which by the way...you applied to in May. It doesn't quiet work that way sir.

4. Appointment to OKC= This is where the fiscal calender comes into play...not during the selection process...

I know that there are people that get selected for Chicago and Indy Centers....and find out that they are 20 or so on the list to actually begin training...
Why? 2 reasons...1. Waiting on retirements,washouts,terminations. 2. Funds to send trainees to Oklahoma City.

Also, a trainee will be sent to OKC expeditiously if the facility he or she was selected for is critically staffed facility.

AMEN!!

I know that there are people that get selected for Chicago and Indy Centers....and find out that they are 20 or so on the list to actually begin training...(thats 20 on the list for INDY or ZAU)

Also, a trainee will be sent to OKC expeditiously if the facility he or she was selected for is a critically staffed facility.

Ok....I never said they would or would not hire anyone. I have no idea who or how many people they are going to hire. I simply they are hiring LESS people on this announcment.

Where did you get your information on how the budget works? Do you work for the FAA's accounting dep? This came from a very very high up person, thats all I can say. You can believe what you want.

People get so bent out of shape on this forum when they hear something that might be less then favorable to them...geeesh.

Ok....I never said they would or would not hire anyone. I have no idea who or how many people they are going to hire. I simply they are hiring LESS people on this announcment.

Where did you get your information on how the budget works? Do you work for the FAA's accounting dep? This came from a very very high up person, thats all I can say. You can believe what you want.

People get so bent out of shape on this forum when they hear something that might be less then favorable to them...geeesh.
I agree Urge, some people hope so much they choose what they want to hear and ignore anything to the contrary. I picked MO and KS, both terminal and enroute. Comments were KC area. I scored 92.4, have pilot exp. and worked at an airport for three years. In other news, I don't think any of us will here anything for at least another 2 weeks after these meetings take place this week. Our Government, best in the world, takes time to make decisions.

Oh yeah, I also have an aviation management degree. Which means little to nothing in the real world, that's why I want to work for the government.

GA and TN, I already found out through my contact that i wasn't on the terminal list, so I am hoping for ZTL or ZME:)

I am kind of curious about your contact telling you that you weren't on the terminal list.... Maybe they selected you for ATL TRACON or ARTCC because of your high AT-SAT score and maybe other factors as well(I.E. Not perfect vision). Surely if your contact can tell you your not on a terminal list, they can tell you if your on another list, right? (not trying to be a smart-ass)

I picked the terminal only option, Geo preferences: 1st) LAX ATCT also other SO CAL counties. 2) ATL ATCT. I scored a 93.8 on my AT-SAT. I was a UAV Pilot in the USMC with combat flight experience so I have VRA preference as well. From one DAWG to another Dawg: I would love to get some info from your "contact" on the Terminal lists' as well.

-Patrick

I thought prior military didn't have to take the ATSAT :confused:

2 things wrong here....

1. i think it will be hard to tell that they have slowed their hiring down for PUBNAT2 considering no one has been hired yet.
2. since no one from pubnat2 has been hired yet...how will pubnat3 be the first for the new fiscal year which started yesterday???

just wondering where you found all this great info you posted?

I agree............

Whoo boy...

Both Terminal and Center and IL and AK were states one and two with me. Got a 100 on the test and no response beyond that 9/8 referral list. If you want me to get more specific with what I did in the comment box, look on below. Keep in mind I put counties not cities as I did here since that's what they ask for, and this is done by memory so I might not have it exactly right...

IL: Chicago, Elgin, Aurora, Rockford.
AK: Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau (in hindsight, I should've stressed no Merill Field or JNU since they're only level 5s, and it's very hard to live there and that pay)

Anywhere in WI, MI, MN, ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI (I actually just put anywhere in New England, though preferably not Nantucket... Should've emphasized that Boston Center will be preferred if I can't stay in Chicago because I found out one of my ol' buddies actually lives in Nashua, NH, home of that said center - of course I find out after they're no longer accepting changes to the Geo Prefs)

CO: Denver
UT: Salt Lake City
PA: Pittsburgh, Erie
NY: Syracuse, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany
MT: Butte, Billings

Yeah, I likes me some cold and snow, though more people here seem to gravitate toward warmer climates. In fact I said exactly that in the comment box, but I wish I hadn't so I'd have more room for more geographical prefs...

I picked California only, Terminal only, LA and Orange county, and finally requested LAX. I grad CTI but applied before I graduated OTS. I too have UAV experience but non-military, along with my CMEL. Keeping my fingers crossed....
I picked California only, Terminal only, LA and Orange county, and finally requested LAX. I grad CTI but applied before I graduated OTS. I too have UAV experience but non-military, along with my CMEL. Keeping my fingers crossed....

I am kind of curious about your contact telling you that you weren't on the terminal list.... Maybe they selected you for ATL TRACON or ARTCC because of your high AT-SAT score and maybe other factors as well(I.E. Not perfect vision). Surely if your contact can tell you your not on a terminal list, they can tell you if your on another list, right? (not trying to be a smart-ass)

I picked the terminal only option, Geo preferences: 1st) LAX ATCT also other SO CAL counties. 2) ATL ATCT. I scored a 93.8 on my AT-SAT. I was a UAV Pilot in the USMC with combat flight experience so I have VRA preference as well. From one DAWG to another Dawg: I would love to get some info from your "contact" on the Terminal lists' as well.

-Patrick
My contact told me that normally he would get to see both list, but being that they were held at seperate times for PUBNAT2, he will not get to see it since he was just on the Terminal hiring panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back