Pubnat 5/6

WoH

So what....geo pref emails come out and you guys just fall silent?

It's time to start complaining about how panels haven't met yet...and we don't have our PEPC invites.

Gosh...did you forget how this works?

i figured i would wait until the week before they meet and start complaining how it should have been done weeks ago. but wouldnt this be better in one of the Pubnat 5 or 6 threads or are we just going to start a new one combining the 2?

Might as well...since the other two are dead right now..it's a good time to make the switch.

Now we can pool our collective angst.

And no one has to check more than one any more.

I vote we make this the new 5/6 thread. Since we're combined PUBNATs we're all going through this together anyway.

And I actually feel that I don't have anything to complain about because our panels are meeting within the next couple weeks (hopefully). That's gotta be the shortest PUB6 has ever waited between steps! :nana2:

We still have 2 weeks or so before the panel meets. As far as I know, they supposed to meet last week of April. And then after the meeting who knows how long will it take for them to create that Referral List.

P.S. I think it is a good idea to make this post official for Pubnat 5/6.

We still have 2 weeks or so before the panel meets. As far as I know, they supposed to meet last week of April. And then after the meeting who knows how long will it take for them to create that Referral List.

The Referral list is created prior to the panels meeting. For the past announcements they were created any where from 5 days prior to the day of the panel meeting. Expect to receive an offer anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks after panels have met.

For 3/4 the list came out on the first day of panels (panels can last a week or more)

The Referral list is created prior to the panels meeting. For the past announcements they were created any where from 5 days prior to the day of the panel meeting. Expect to receive an offer anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks after panels have met.

Great info, thanks. You too, WoH.

So we'll probably see the referral list within the next 2 weeks, and get offers/PEPC invites in May/June.

I never know what to believe as far as what's credible out of the rumor mill and what isn't. Is the general feeling that PUBNATs are slowing to a stop because hiring needs have been met? I know there's theoretically one coming out in July, but obviously not with the frequency of last year.

So my question is: If this is the end of PUBNATs, what are everyone's alternate life plans if heaven forbid we don't get picked up? :)

I never know what to believe as far as what's credible out of the rumor mill and what isn't. Is the general feeling that PUBNATs are slowing to a stop because hiring needs have been met? I know there's theoretically one coming out in July, but obviously not with the frequency of last year.

So my question is: If this is the end of PUBNATs, what are everyone's alternate life plans if heaven forbid we don't get picked up? :)

Well if this doesn't work out I guess I'll be heading to the military (Jesus I hope this works out).

Well if this doesn't work out I guess I'll be heading to the military (Jesus I hope this works out).

thats actually my plan too. a buddy i work with will be enlisting with me in the AF if i dont get this. i cant really complain about the military route though i grew up in a military family and ive learned how to make sure you get what you want in the military through my family. and if i go in im making sure that in writing my MOS will be ATC so i can get a job as one when i get out.

Speaking of millitary service has anyone gotten those emails about warrant officer helicopter pilots? I would love to fly a helo but then again helos get shot down all the time:banghead:

These kinds of posts always perplex me. I have a couple of questions for you Oksee.

1.How would the panel meet and choose people without a list of people?

2.What would they do with the referral list after they meet and create it?

I don't mean to be a jerk. I'm just trying to understand the logic.

:sarcasm:
These kinds of posts always perplex me. I have a couple of questions for you Oksee.

1.How would the panel meet and choose people without a list of people?

2.What would they do with the referral list after they meet and create it?

I don't mean to be a jerk. I'm just trying to understand the logic.

No offence taken.
Alright, lets see ... I guess I do not completely understand the "referral list". First I thought it would be made when we were taking the test, then I though it would be before geo pref... well, now I knew it was the time for it again :eek:
This time my logic was that the panel will get together and select bunch of people based on geo pref and etc., then they will put them as a "referral list" and from that list everyone gets a notification. What do you think? Am I worthy now? :sarcasm:

Thanks mikewise, this is even better ... get a peek at the list sooner.

Referral lists for Pubnat 5 have been created as of 4/13/09. Check your ASAP. Pubnat 6 shouldn't be too far behind.

wow, that was much sooner than I thought.

Referral list FA-AAC-09-20160: Issued on 04/13/2009 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.
  • Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT5-10363. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

Wow, so how long does it usually take from that announcement until the actual referral list is made? I also have the message on my ASAP for PUBNAT 5.

EDIT: Oh wait. I get it. This IS the referral list. Oh. Um, so now we wait to see if we are actually selected, eh?

Back