Pubnat 5/6

well, of course I was naive. I called at 808 this morning and he answered on the first ring, and asked me to call back after lunch, bc he had been out of the office all week, and needed to catch up and all.

So I stupidly agree.

I called back at 115, and 130, and 2, and finally just left a message. And then I called again at 4 and 415 and 430, and 445. And twice I got the message saying he was on the phone, then called back immediately, and it just rang until vm.

So. I'm calling again tomorrow morning from my husbands cell phone. They must have caller id. Its government. They all have caller id. He's avoiding me, I just know it. Aaaaaah, the FAA must be in cahoots with the psychiatrist industry; they make people crazy and send them packing to the shrinks.:crazy:

They must have caller id. Its government. They all have caller id. He's avoiding me, I just know it. Aaaaaah, the FAA must be in cahoots with the psychiatrist industry; they make people crazy and send them packing to the shrinks.:crazy:
I'm positive they have caller ID. When I called the Chicago Medical office once to talk to Annie she knew who I was before I even gave anyone my info. I hadn't talked to her previously either, so my name must have come up on her caller ID because she knew my first and last name.

I called again this morning and my R.A. asked me to call back the last week of Nov, since I requested a Jan date. He said he had to fill up his Nov/Dec classes before he could give me anything in Jan. So at least I feel like I have some info. I think he was going to be able to put me in something sooner, but we didn't discuss it after I said I would prefer Jan.
I hope everyone else gets earlier dates though!

I called again this morning and my R.A. asked me to call back the last week of Nov, since I requested a Jan date. He said he had to fill up his Nov/Dec classes before he could give me anything in Jan. So at least I feel like I have some info. I think he was going to be able to put me in something sooner, but we didn't discuss it after I said I would prefer Jan.
I hope everyone else gets earlier dates though!

Ok, here's the plan...

You call him back and say you want an earlier class date. Then you say, oh wait, I can't take it but you can give it to this other person (me). Violá. Everyone is happy!

Ok, here's the plan...

You call him back and say you want an earlier class date. Then you say, oh wait, I can't take it but you can give it to this other person (me). Violá. Everyone is happy!

You counfuse me sometimes. Are you always you, or are you sometimes your husband? :)

Got the email yesterday to go to OKC Dec 4th(Also my anniversary, so the wife is a happy/sad right now). Also found out I need to refresh my drug screen, which is odd because I was at the Chicago PEPC on 6/22 and my math on this one just doesn't add up. Thought they were good for 6 months.

Be optimistic. I was told two days prior that ZHU people really shouldn't expect class dates until May at the earliest.

Got the email yesterday to go to OKC Dec 4th(Also my anniversary, so the wife is a happy/sad right now). Also found out I need to refresh my drug screen, which is odd because I was at the Chicago PEPC on 6/22 and my math on this one just doesn't add up. Thought they were good for 6 months.

Be optimistic. I was told two days prior that ZHU people really shouldn't expect class dates until May at the earliest.

awesome - congrats wango

You counfuse me sometimes. Are you always you, or are you sometimes your husband? :)

Haha sorry. I'm always me. But for some reason I personalize all this FAA stuff and say things like "I called the HR rep" or "give me your class date". I don't know why...I need help. ;)

Haha sorry. I'm always me. But for some reason I personalize all this FAA stuff and say things like "I called the HR rep" or "give me your class date". I don't know why...I need help. ;)

It's okay...I do it too. I just say "we" and "us" to stay as ambiguous as possible.

so has everyone from pubnat 6 either selected a training date in OKC? i am in pubnat 7 and just want to get in soon!! i know it is a wait though...dont remind me

so has everyone from pubnat 6 either selected a training date in OKC? i am in pubnat 7 and just want to get in soon!! i know it is a wait though...dont remind me

There are some pub5 and pub6 that received class dates (including myself) but I believe the majority is still waiting.

Give yourself anywhere from 1.5 - 2 years wait.

even with a 97.7 doing enroute and a parent working at the facility and letting the trainer/interviewer to get me in asap...

everyone has been telling me 6-10 months on the referral list and i was on it in 2 days..which i thought seemed strange...

even with a 97.7 doing enroute and a parent working at the facility and letting the trainer/interviewer to get me in asap...

everyone has been telling me 6-10 months on the referral list and i was on it in 2 days..which i thought seemed strange...

The referral list is what the panel uses at their selection meeting. You are on the referral list until the panel selection committee meets, which can be as little as a day to two weeks or so (or longer if the panels get postponed).

BaseBallGuy said:
BAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry. You don't pick your training date in OKC. You will be called with it. 25% of the facilities (at least in the central region) aren't even hiring for FY2010, so there are still tons of folks all the way back to PUBNAT1 and 2 (and 3/4/5) that are still waiting ahead of everyone else right now, unless you're lucky enough to get one of those facilities that no one else wanted or that is hiring, like, 50 people.

i know i dont pick my training date...i was wondering how many people got their date for okc...i was just going off of other people that i know that got into Oberlin...

also from what i heard the higher the score the better to get in...so thats why i was asking..

i know i dont pick my training date...i was wondering how many people got their date for okc...i was just going off of other people that i know that got into Oberlin...

also from what i heard the higher the score the better to get in...so thats why i was asking..

The panel doesn't even see the score so no it doesn't matter. All they see is WQ or Q.

The panel doesn't even see the score so no it doesn't matter. All they see is WQ or Q.

:yeahthat:

It's most likely something like, "Okay, here's our stack of applicants in no particular order (except WQ on top, Q on bottom). First applicant. Joe Q. Public. Wants terminal only Top state preference? Wisconsin. Got any tower or TRACON openings in WI? No? OK, move that one aside for second state preference later. Next applicant. Suzie M. Person. Wants terminal or en-route in Tennessee. Got any? Yep, Memphis center. Alright, Suzie's going to Memphis center. Next?"

Then, once the stack is done, they send the final selections to the ATO. The ATO then generates the e-mails that you eventually receive. The panels don't care what you got on the test, just that you got a WQ or Q. The only thing that determines if you go sooner to the Academy or not is a corollary: 1) whether your facility is hiring, and, if so, 2) when they are ready to take trainees.

It's most likely something like, "Okay, here's our stack of applicants in no particular order (except WQ on top, Q on bottom). First applicant. Joe Q. Public. Wants terminal only Top state preference? Wisconsin. Got any tower or TRACON openings in WI? No? OK, move that one aside for second state preference later. Next applicant. Suzie M. Person. Wants terminal or en-route in Tennessee. Got any? Yep, Memphis center. Alright, Suzie's going to Memphis center. Next?"

Then, once the stack is done, they send the final selections to the ATO. The ATO then generates the e-mails that you eventually receive. The panels don't care what you got on the test, just that you got a WQ or Q. The only thing that determines if you go sooner to the Academy or not is a corollary: 1) whether your facility is hiring, and, if so, 2) when they are ready to take trainees.

I think they also must take age into consideration. My husband and I got selected for Pub 5, and he is already in OKC, and I am still waiting. I think that maybe he got taken first because he was reaching the age limit. As far as scores go, he was a Q and I was a WQ.
Dunno... Just an idea.

Pretty much. Although I don't think they do it in a big meeting like that. Every state (or region) has a rep in Washington D.C. who goes to OKC for panels. Then they get a list of all the people preffing that state and go down the list.

There are a lot of things that go into your placement on the list. Your test score is only a small part

Past 85%, your score is irrelevant. They look at Well Qualified and Qualified, that's it. As many 85 percenters will get hired as 100 percenters.

Edit: Looks like this was already answered... ehhhh oh well, deletes hurt my pride.

I think they also must take age into consideration. My husband and I got selected for Pub 5, and he is already in OKC, and I am still waiting. I think that maybe he got taken first because he was reaching the age limit.

Doubtful. Given all the other things that they don't look at which are much more relevant to the job, I can't imagine them taking the time to sort people by age. Not really any reason to.

Back