Pubnat 5/6

I'm still waiting too, frankly trolling these forums has become somewhat depressing so I've been avoiding them. My status? Still waiting on medical, still dealing with HW, I got a confirmation that she received my last email, but I know from experience that that means nothing. Cleared for my blood pressure, but now they want to know about the back pain I suffered during my time in the army. Ugh... Working at the rental shop of my local ski area for peanuts in the mean time.

Yep, we are in SD.
It's hilarious. He got orders on Veteran's Day, the one day I thought for sure Washington D.C. would be closed!
So we are here and I tried to call again but no answer. And I don't have his e-mail, so no-go there. Oh well. I'll harass them until they answer!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. That really sucks you had to give up your class date for nothing. I hope you can get your class date back or get one in the near future. Best wishes!

On a sidenote, did you kill your husband yet? ;) :D
Just kidding, it's not his fault I guess. :insane:

what happened to you zoesmom, you always have the best,"day with the faa" stories..

:rotfl:Oh I'm still here! Ya'll know how to make a girl feel loved!!:blowkiss:

We've been busy. We were supposed to be moving out to Arkansas after Thanksgiving to live with my in-laws until my husband gets a class date. But now neither of our two vehicles are drivable right now, so that plan is on hold. We did get in touch with our rep, believe it or not!, and she told us for sure nothing til at least February. crap. So I've *kinda* been avoiding JC cause it makes me sad. Plus, I'm afraid I'll log in and someone else will have a class date! Glad to know I still have some good company!

Yeah, but you still have the hottest avatar, and you're a year + a few months ahead of us in PUBNAT 8 that still check daily.

I'm way underemployed. I can work for the air force over winter and make some good cash, but no benefits and I wouldn't be welcome back at my current CFI job after that if I do. So debating what I can do, but rent and food is always tight. So... cash now, or job later?

Well, still waiting here for my medical or MMPI, no one I can actually get a hold of knows which one. 1 year and 4 months from Pubnat 5 later and it seems all the odd jobs that i was working to get by while wating have run out. Hope someone will return my e-mails and messages soon. By reading some of the forums it seems that all the class dates are full until january or february so maybee i can see OKC in the Spring time!:dunno:

Well.

I called today about every 30 minutes and like the 10th time I got through (or at least my rep picked up the phone...)

and...

I was told January was all filled up! So now I'm just waiting again for him to call me -when is unknown- with a date, that will apparently be after January.
:crazy:

I passed my MMPI retake. Man did that delay my process. I am wondering how long its going to take now for me to proceed with a class date. I have waited way too long.

So I talked to my HR rep and he said nothing until after April 1 as they have met all of their hiring needs through this fiscal year. That totally sucks. Seems like I get through one hurdle and another one appears. Does anyone know how long my medical that I did at the PEPC is valid for?

6 months for the drug test, 1 year for the medical I believe. Not to be uncouth, but no one here wants to hear about how long you've waited, we are all in the same boat.

Just got word from my rep. All my clearances are in, but no classes available for ZSE tell after the start of FY2010 in October.

I'm currently in the same situation for ZAU. My concern is by the time October hits, our medical will have expired. Does anyone know how that works? Are we notified to retake our medical in the summer to be ready for a class date after October?

I'm currently in the same situation for ZAU. My concern is by the time October hits, our medical will have expired. Does anyone know how that works? Are we notified to retake our medical in the summer to be ready for a class date after October?

Your medical clearance expires a year after you have the tests done. Once it expires, you just sit in limbo until your HR rep tells you to go get all of it done again, at which point you know the wheels are turning. Since they don't know when you'll actually be going to class, they won't pay to have your screenings done all over again only to have you wait yet another year.

Wel, along the lines of everyone else...I too am very sad about not knowing anything anytime soon. I was ok with it, but now the job I was hoping for in San Diego, to bide my time til the FAA finally (if ever...) calls, has fallen through. Probably because it took forever for us to move here, oh well...

Haha-get this though-my husband is now saying I should have taken the NOV 27 date! Duh! Ugh, why do we even listen to our spouses?
I don't want to work at The Home Depot, who probably isn't even hiring!, I just want some info! Is this really too much for us all to ask?
Whoever posted about RA calling people for EM, did he says anything about his own numbers? He told me he didn't know when they would give more class dates, so he was in the dark too.
Ok, my blurb for Saturday is done.
Let's hope we all get a nice Christmas time phone call about something.

Rumor has it upcoming classes are/may be getting cancelled:mad:...I don't know any details or if there is any truth to this - but over on SM I saw a post that blamed it on Raytheon cutting back on their workforce. Hopefully none of this is true!

Has anyone else heard this from HR?? I'm too scared to call

Rumor has it upcoming classes are/may be getting cancelled:mad:...I don't know any details or if there is any truth to this - but over on SM I saw a post that blamed it on Raytheon cutting back on their workforce. Hopefully none of this is true!

Has anyone else heard this from HR?? I'm too scared to call

I've heard the instructors talking about it at the academy. They have said 11 classes have already been canceled for 2010.

BUT, the list was just added to the FAA website last week so it would make sense that they scrubbed those classes from it before posting it. Also, there is one class that is listed as canceled but it's from the previous list of classes.

I don't know why, buy somehow I'm remaining optimistic.

Back