Pubnat 5/6

Past 85%, your score is irrelevant. They look at Well Qualified and Qualified, that's it. As many 85 percenters will get hired as 100 percenters.

Edit: Looks like this was already answered... ehhhh oh well, deletes hurt my pride.

Doubtful. Given all the other things that they don't look at which are much more relevant to the job, I can't imagine them taking the time to sort people by age. Not really any reason to.

Yeah, maybe so... Probably they didn't pick me because of my DWI... ha... Which, by the way, if any one cares to read: I got contacted by a special investigator to look into what I have done after my DWI. I.e. community service, couseling, AA. She didn't know anything about me except that she needed to do the leg work for the FAA (she also didn't know what job I was applying for). At least the FAA is taking the time to look into this instead of just saying 'no'.

Yeah, maybe so... Probably they didn't pick me because of my DWI... ha... Which, by the way, if any one cares to read: I got contacted by a special investigator to look into what I have done after my DWI. I.e. community service, couseling, AA. She didn't know anything about me except that she needed to do the leg work for the FAA (she also didn't know what job I was applying for). At least the FAA is taking the time to look into this instead of just saying 'no'.

My husband had a DUI also and had a PI come by to have him sign some paperwork. We've talked to his rep (FINALLY!) and she didn't say anything about OKC being delayed because of it. In fact, she said he was on "the list" to get a date but it probably wouldn't be until late February. She said there are A LOT of people from previous apps that are still waiting. Not what we wanted to hear. :(

I had to talk to an investigator too, and he thought i was going to the military. It was funny he had no idea what the faa was..

So... I know some people are going to hate this....but I just got offered Nov 27th.
And had to turn it down.

Because my husband is in the military and we thought we'd already be in San Diego by now, but he was just told it may be 6-8 months before we can go. And he doesn't want me going to OKC in the midst of a move (if it is to happen), and leave him with our 2 year old and a cross country move to handle by himself.

Jeez.

So this means: I like the FAA, but now despise the military and it's ability to mess up my life.:insane:

So... I know some people are going to hate this....but I just got offered Nov 27th.
And had to turn it down.

Because my husband is in the military and we thought we'd already be in San Diego by now, but he was just told it may be 6-8 months before we can go. And he doesn't want me going to OKC in the midst of a move (if it is to happen), and leave him with our 2 year old and a cross country move to handle by himself.

Jeez.

So this means: I like the FAA, but now despise the military and it's ability to mess up my life.:insane:

That really sucks. Hopefully everything works out down the road.

By the way, many more people are going to love this than hate it. Because this means there is a Nov. 27 class date open for them.

That really sucks. Hopefully everything works out down the road.

By the way, many more people are going to love this than hate it. Because this means there is a Nov. 27 class date open for them.

Heck yeah. Whoever has the same rep and is scheduled for the same place as Tinklvr should totally call your rep and try to grab that date.

Hey, there's enough room in your heart to hate both the FAA AND the military. I know you can do it!

Anyway, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. I'd be telling everyone and their mother at HR about the military thing, though... it seems to be about the only circumstance that gets them to bend the rules a little. I've heard stories from a couple of vets who were able to use that as an excuse (a legit one, I might add) when it came to dates and the FAA.

I tried to call my rep again today, for a date, since we're on the road to San Diego....but no answer. So I left a message, but I'm gonna call again manana, bc no one seems to return calls anyway.

Hopefully some info to report soon!

I tried to call my rep again today, for a date, since we're on the road to San Diego....but no answer. So I left a message, but I'm gonna call again manana, bc no one seems to return calls anyway.

Hopefully some info to report soon!

Wait, just to clear things up, does that mean you and your husband is already on the move to SD? You didn't have to wait 6-8 months like your husband said?

Yep, we are in SD.
It's hilarious. He got orders on Veteran's Day, the one day I thought for sure Washington D.C. would be closed!
So we are here and I tried to call again but no answer. And I don't have his e-mail, so no-go there. Oh well. I'll harass them until they answer!

Back