PSA Hiring - Any news?

jbhems520

I know most everyone on this forum has had either bad experiences with PSA, or just plain out dislikes the company.

Anyone on here who has actually applied? Heard anything from them yet? I did my phone interview last Thursday, was pretty chill. Just asked basic interview questions, I guess judging your personality. No actual dispatching scenario's or questions to answer.

At the end, she did discuss that their Union Contract was up and they were in the process of finalizing it hopefully this past Friday, which included a starting pay of around 15.40 - 15.50 an hour USD, can't remember which one it exactly was.

Anyways, she said she wouldn't be able to get back up with me until after the holidays (Thanksgiving). I'm hoping that's because of them trying to finalize this new contact.

I never worked at PSA, so I can't say what it's like. I applied on the web site this summer; two months later, I got the TBNT e-mail. I could have tried harder to get a job there, because I'd met with the DX recruiter at the air show and had her card. By that time, I was training at G7. Ergo, I didn't pursue the opportunity with PSA. In any case, good luck to you... :)

I applied about 2 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything. I’m not sure if they will send a interview invitation or “we regret to continue further.” The holidays probably have something to do with the wait. Fingers crossed though.

I applied about 2 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything. I’m not sure if they will send a interview invitation or “we regret to continue further.” The holidays probably have something to do with the wait. Fingers crossed though.
If they have any upcoming job fairs or recruiting events, try to attend them. I went to the Dayton Air Show this past summer just so I could meet the PSA people, introduce myself, and get a card or two. This, I did. On my way back, I got the call from G7, so I didn't pursue things @ PSA. I would have taken a job @ PSA for a first job though.

To be honest, I'm not going to say apply or don't apply that's up to ya'll. there is a lot of negative opinions on here about this company. Some is true and some are false. I'd just consider all your options before you decide. We did get a new contract and starting pay is 15.60 per hour and other benefits.

To be honest, I'm not going to say apply or don't apply that's up to ya'll. there is a lot of negative opinions on here about this company. Some is true and some are false. I'd just consider all your options before you decide. We did get a new contract and starting pay is 15.60 per hour and other benefits.
Please enlighten us as to what was false. I can assure you, nothing said here about this dumpster fire of a company was false.

PSA is a first job, stepping stone kind of place. A place to get your experience and move on. Yeah, it may not be a great place to work but that only matters if you are planning to be there as a career destination which most are not. If you dont have experience its a good place to get it.

PSA is a first job, stepping stone kind of place. A place to get your experience and move on. Yeah, it may not be a great place to work but that only matters if you are planning to be there as a career destination which most are not. If you dont have experience its a good place to get it.
Yes. You’ll gain valuable experience in filling out job applications to get as far away from this place as possible.

Rhewster, had G7 not panned out, I would have pursued an opportunity at PSA. I attended the Dayton Airshow this summer, in part, to meet the DX recruiter. This, I did, and I got her card; I still have it, actually. That said, on the way back from the airshow, I got the call from G7. Ergo, I never pursued the PSA opening. If G7 hadn't hired me, I would have tried working @ PSA and if hired, would have worked there. As messed up as my last job was, ANYTHING would have been an improvement!

"PSA Hiring" threads here should just have the best one of 2017 stickied so no one wastes time.

Read the comments and move on. Biweekly threads do nothing but fuel the fires instead of the airplanes.

Wait. Whoops.

"PSA Hiring" threads here should just have the best one of 2017 stickied so no one wastes time.

Read the comments and move on. Biweekly threads do nothing but fuel the fires instead of the airplanes.

Wait. Whoops.

As someone just getting started in the dispatch world, I find the new threads helpful even if it is a collection of "Stay Away" and "Dumpster Fire". Its nice to have up to date insight, because you never know when a company will change its underwear and when it does happen, there are a bunch of yall to learn from! ;)

As someone just getting started in the dispatch world, I find the new threads helpful even if it is a collection of "Stay Away" and "Dumpster Fire". Its nice to have up to date insight, because you never know when a company will change its underwear and when it does happen, there are a bunch of yall to learn from! ;)

Welcome aboard.

My only personal pro-tip: QOL is a bigger influence than you'd first think.

Welcome aboard.

My only personal pro-tip: QOL is a bigger influence than you'd first think.

The way I view it, getting regional experience is consumes a notable amount of time. 2-3 years is not insignificant, and I think it's important to balance QOL with finding a good shop to get initial experience at. While the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" could theoretically apply, it is important not to be a beggar (if at all possible) while looking for a regional job. I'd rather take several months to find a good initial job rather than take the first thing available and not be happy for a couple years in terms of QOL. I've tried to save up a good amount and get some quality experience built up while I wait out the last few months until 23. However, I completely understand that circumstances vary greatly.

The way I view it, getting regional experience is consumes a notable amount of time. 2-3 years is not insignificant, and I think it's important to balance QOL with finding a good shop to get initial experience at. While the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" could theoretically apply, it is important not to be a beggar (if at all possible) while looking for a regional job. I'd rather take several months to find a good initial job rather than take the first thing available and not be happy for a couple years in terms of QOL. I've tried to save up a good amount and get some quality experience built up while I wait out the last few months until 23. However, I completely understand that circumstances vary greatly.
I got lucky in that I got the city & job I wanted. I wanted to be in STL, which meant being @ either AX or G7; I got both (STL & G7). It's one of the FEW times in my life that things went EXACTLY according to plan...

Being out of dispatch school for a while and not actively dispatching can cause concerns from some hiring managers. So Idk about waiting for the right offer. Who knows when that may come. I had a hiring manager express concern that I havent accrued any dispatch experience since being out of dx class a year ago.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Being out of dispatch school for a while and not actively dispatching can cause concerns from some hiring managers. So Idk about waiting for the right offer. Who knows when that may come. I had a hiring manager express concern that I havent accrued any dispatch experience since being out of dx class a year ago.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Not a bad point and why I'm keeping my eyes peeled for openings to apply to even before/as I start school.

Back