Pria

Ckelly35

Hey,
Just had a quick question. I submitted my resignation later to my current employer because I'm leaving to the airlines. However my current boss is not happy I'm leaving. He threatened to withhold my pria records and submit that I was terminated and other false information if I leave. This doesn't sound very legal and I also don't want to lose my new job. Any advise?

This is a situation in which you should probably contact an attorney and get in front of the situation. I can't speak to your specific situation, but I have had similar situations wherein a letter (from an attorney) memorializing the substance of the conversation you describe and suggesting that such action (by your current boss) would be ill advised has effectively solved the problem. Regarding the suggestion that you record the conversation, be careful. Some states permit recording of conversations so long as either party (not necessarily both parties) are aware that the conversation is being recorded; other states require that both be informed. Similarly, recording phone conversations can be legally perilous. I have, in other situations, recommended that a conversation be recorded but only in accordance with the laws of the particular state and in person. Good luck.

Back