The math for quitting FedEx to go to United

Pretty.

Don't let your chaps get sucked into that chain...

Yeah, I, myself, don't see the point in a 175hp cruiser. Hell, I don't even see the point in a 175hp supersport, unless your name is John McGuinness or Valentino Rossi. My track bike made, when newish and modified, ~130hp, and I was never anything *like* fast enough to use it to its full extent. It still scares me to death (but in a good way).

Yeah, I, myself, don't see the point in a 175hp cruiser. Hell, I don't even see the point in a 175hp supersport, unless your name is John McGuinness or Valentino Rossi. My track bike made, when newish and modified, ~130hp, and I was never anything *like* fast enough to use it to its full extent. It still scares me to death (but in a good way).

I would only buy it to cut conversations short.

Anything over 90hp is dangerous in my hands. I often take turns at posted recommended speeds. I might have the record for slowest Tail of the Dragon.

Had a Turbo GPZ 750 in college, my first and last sport bike.

Motorcycles. Something I would only do if a-holes on the roads didn’t exist.

Unfortunately, the roads are full of a-holes. I personally think riding a motorcycle in SoCal is like a death wish.
My wife tried to buy me one a few years back. Nothing fancy just a Honda Shadow with whitewalls and a lot of chrome. I REALLY wanted it… but our LTD is garbage and doesnt include retirement contributions so I chickened out.

My wife tried to buy me one a few years back. Nothing fancy just a Honda Shadow with whitewalls and a lot of chrome. I REALLY wanted it… but our LTD is garbage and doesnt include retirement contributions so I chickened out.

Was she trying to get rid of you? :)

I'm with Cherokee on this one. No way, no how. Not even a chance I'd get caught on one of these death traps, not even on a closed course.

Hey all,

Just trying to quantify the decision for leaving FedEx. Right now I’m a 767 CA, but am being forced to downgrade at some point soon down to 767 FO from our latest bid. Also, our most recent TA failed (fortunately!) so we’re stuck at 2020 rates indefinitely.

Additionally, management has recently publicly stated that we are over staffed by 700 pilots so it sounds like we are headed for “4.A.2.b/c” soon (this is what FedEx does to mitigate furloughs by reducing minimum guarantee for everyone). This is triggered by two consecutive bid periods of low credit hours across the system.

Once I’m downgraded I’ll be at a rate of $202.77/hr as a 6 year widebody FO. When we hit 4.A.2.c (which management and the union has pretty much said we are headed towards), my monthly guarantee will be (54-low/68-average/81-high). I’ll probably be senior enough (as an FO) to be at the average of 68.

So I will be making $165k/year. It’s about a 50% pay cut from where I’m currently at, and it sounds like this could last several years or longer.

Looking at 2nd year NB UAL FO pay (new AIP), I see $167.57/hr with a MGT of 70 hours/mo. This is about $141k/year. The MGT I found from APC data.

United pilots, is this math correct? Or is this MGT too low? I’m very dissatisfied with FedEx, but the current numbers make it hard to leave.
Shipping...and losing stuff...etc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IIkaH2pY50

Back