Positive trends

Funny you should say that:

BLS, however, noted its data collectors — for the third month in a row — misclassified some workers as "employed not at work," when they should have been classified as "unemployed on temporary layoff."
Barring that issue, the unemployment rate could have been as high as 19.2% in April and 16.1% in May, not including seasonal adjustments, the BLS said.
"I fear that because this was a fairly serious misclassification that people are going to hatch a bunch of conspiracy theories around it. They shouldn't do that," Seth Harris, who served as acting Labor Secretary under President Barack Obama, told CNN's Fredricka Whitfield on Saturday.
I've read a couple of these. Every single one works very hard to 1) Present the fact that the numbers aren't perfect and paint too nice a picture, and (surprisingly) 2) There is no tomfoolery happening, and collecting these numbers is very hard. They're also forward about the chances that it has been happening since the mass temporary layoffs began. It's almost like they're reporting facts. Citing the Obama administration Labor Secretary is keeping everybody calm, methinks.

I like the improvements. I still want my leave to last through the summer though. If I get called back early I’ll have to go back to my old ways with all my future summer plans.
C931D2F2-67DD-4DA0-930F-F68AE4A746AC.jpeg

I don’t know about you but going back to work (consider myself lucky) is going to be tough. I’ve been getting 8 hours of sleep every night and the house looks like a different place.
I’ve actually been home a lot less since I last flew in early April. We are always heading somewhere or doing something. Leaving this afternoon for broken bow lake in Oklahoma for a week. Airbnb is super cheap right now.

First flight today since April 6, three flights, 3 hard carrier landings, 546 passengers transported. The only empty seats on the plane on the three flights was the jumpseat. So the passenger demand appears to be there.

First flight today since April 6, three flights, 3 hard carrier landings, 546 passengers transported. The only empty seats on the plane on the three flights was the jumpseat. So the passenger demand appears to be there.

Is the demand really there, or is it people having to travel on less available flights, thus making it look like demand is there and loads higher? I’m not familiar with how your carrier is operating currently, hence the curious question.

I think it means they can add more flights than we are currently flying. we only fly between big cities. I don’t know tho I’m just a pilot. Those decisions are above my pay grade.

But walking around the airports I flew to today the airport terminals are still deserted with not a soul in sight but the gates where our flights were operating they were packed and crowded.

I think it means they can add more flights than we are currently flying. we only fly between big cities. I don’t know tho I’m just a pilot. Those decisions are above my pay grade.

But walking around the airports I flew to today the airport terminals are still deserted with not a soul in sight but the gates where our flights were operating they were packed and crowded.

I was just curious as to what people are seeing and experiencing, as there’s so much noise of info out there to know what’s fact and what’s chaff.

Is the demand really there, or is it people having to travel on less available flights, thus making it look like demand is there and loads higher? I’m not familiar with how your carrier is operating currently, hence the curious question.

It’s both.

I had a booking schedule changed and there was literally one option all day.

That being said now vs a month ago (the previous time I flew) was a noticeable change in number of people in the gate area. Was a ghost town a month ago.

I do think it's a good move business wise to add capacity early. I gotta go back to work on Tuesday and Delta and United have one option each to get me from AVL-ORD. AA has 3 or 4. So my last choice among the big three just became the first.

I do think it's a good move business wise to add capacity early. I gotta go back to work on Tuesday and Delta and United have one option each to get me from AVL-ORD. AA has 3 or 4. So my last choice among the big three just became the first.
Ashville? Just drive to CLT you pansy.

Why would he do that when the company will buy him a ticket to work from AVL?
Because he's gonna go through a hub. Drive to a real airport and get the direct. That's what I used to do when I was a technician and someone paid for my ticket.

Because he's gonna go through a hub. Drive to a real airport and get the direct. That's what I used to do when I was a technician and someone paid for my ticket.

If they paid for parking I’d think about it. But everywhere but AVL is too far for my princess parking arrangement. We are an hour and change west of AVL so ATL is actually closer.

I was just curious as to what people are seeing and experiencing, as there’s so much noise of info out there to know what’s fact and what’s chaff.
We flew half a dozen people a plane not that long ago. Currently all AAG flights are capped at 85%, and all but one flight were at that 85%. Had a UAL guy in the j/s yesterday going IAH to DFW. Was myself in a j/s about a week ago going to FLL or MIA to accommodate an offline nonrev in the back.
Now, even more than ever, we thank you for choosing American :D

I think it’s a little of both, but big picture still isn’t great when you look at the tsa pax numbers this year, 500,000 on Friday compared with 2.6 million on the same day last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s a little of both, but big picture still isn’t great when you look at the tsa pax numbers this year, 500,000 on Friday compared with 2.6 million on the same day last year.

It is when you compare it to 86,000 in March. 500k was also on Thursday. Wish they still updated that page daily. They now make us wait for Fri/Sat/Sun to come on Monday which sucks.

Definitely a little bit of both. Through Atlanta last week the concourse was getting pretty full. I’m pretty sure ATL is unbanked so it’s not like I was witnessing a bihourly boom/bust either. That said, ATL still has at least one concourse that is entirely shut. Concourse F (innanashunul) is open but completely empty. I went there because Skyclub was one of the only ones open, and I was the only one in the place for a good 45 minutes.

Back