Piper PA-31 Down In FXE

TheFlyingTurkey

Fetus Worshiper
http://www.local10.com/news/twin-engine-plane-crashes-in-fort-lauderdale/32330426

Officials: 4 presumed dead in Fort Lauderdale plane crash

FLFR-PIC-OF-CRASH-JPG.jpg

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue said four people are presumed dead after a plane crashed into a wooded area Sunday in Fort Lauderdale.

Officials said the Piper PA-31 (similar to image below) plane was inbound to Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport at 4:30 p.m. when the pilot declared an emergency. That's when the plane crashed in a wooded area off the airport property.

Piper-PA-31-JPG.jpg

Rescue crews said four people were on board the plane when it crashed. They are now presumed dead.

RAW: Witness describes seeing plane crash
The plane did not strike any pedestrians or buildings in the crash.

Watch Local 10 News and refresh Local10.com for updates on this developing story.

Yeah, sucks. I was watching planes land at FXE's observation area this past week. Very discouraging to hear about these things.

Anyone know the origin? I know a CFI that has a side gig flying the -31 and he was going to be in Florida this week :/

Crap. RIP to all.

Pretty sure I saw this airplane while sitting on the beach today near FXE.

I wonder if we'll ever know what happened.

Ugh. :(

Last edited:
After listening to it on LiveATC I got the tail number and can confirm it was a -31T, not a -31 as reported. I am relieved it was not my friend, but sorry to hear about it nonetheless. Be careful all.

Anyone know the origin? I know a CFI that has a side gig flying the -31 and he was going to be in Florida this week :/

The pilot and owner of the aircraft was a friend of mine, he was ferrying the airplane down here to Suriname. very sad.

Ah man, I'm sorry to here that, you doing alright buddy?

I'm doing alright, the pilot community here is in shock. We had a BBQ at his hangar the night before he left to pick up the plane, with him on the plane, his wife and two daughters.

I'm doing alright, the pilot community here is in shock. We had a BBQ at his hangar the night before he left to pick up the plane, with him on the plane, his wife and two daughters.

Breaks my heart man. I am really sorry to hear this, and sorry for you loss, as well as their family and friends.

Back