Nose Gear Up Landing at Fort Lauderdale Executive

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Not that big of an emergency but entertaining to watch. Nice job too.

Must be a strange feeling sliding down the runway with that nose attitude.

Date:20-JUL-2021
Time:c. 15:00 LT
Type:
Silhouette image of generic PA31 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Piper PA-31-350 Navajo Chieftain
Owner/operator:4118B Leasing LLC opf Aztec Airways
MSN:31-8452021
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 1
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Minor
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:En route
Nature:
Departure airport:Fort Lauderdale-Executive Airport, FL (FXE/KFXE)
Destination airport:Bimini International Airport (BIM/MYBS)
Narrative:
A Piper PA-31-350 Navajo Chieftain was forced to make an emergency landing at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (XFE/KFXE), Florida, after the aircraft experienced a nose landing gear failure.

The plane departed for South Bimini Airport (BIM/MYBS) but encountered a problem, prompting the pilot to turn around and land at Fort Lauderdale, according to fire rescue officials.

Last edited:
If they cut the engines and turned the props so that they wouldn't drag the runway, then that's pretty bad ass

Not that big of an emergency but entertaining to watch. Nice job too.

Must be a strange feeling sliding down the runway with that nose attitude.

Date:20-JUL-2021
Time:c. 15:00 LT
Type:
Silhouette image of generic PA31 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Piper PA-31-350 Navajo Chieftain
Owner/operator:4118B Leasing LLC opf Aztec Airways
MSN:31-8452021
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 1
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Minor
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:En route
Nature:
Departure airport:Fort Lauderdale-Executive Airport, FL (FXE/KFXE)
Destination airport:Bimini International Airport (BIM/MYBS)
Narrative:
A Piper PA-31-350 Navajo Chieftain was forced to make an emergency landing at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (XFE/KFXE), Florida, after the aircraft experienced a nose landing gear failure.

The plane departed for South Bimini Airport (BIM/MYBS) but encountered a problem, prompting the pilot to turn around and land at Fort Lauderdale, according to fire rescue officials.

It's weird. Was in the right seat of a 310 that did this. In fact, it was probably more steep than a Navajo because it wasn't an "R" it was a 1959 310 C - the stubby nose kind. I loved that airplane though.

Holy crap...there's an airworthy Sabreliner back there.

About that, I have some news...
Aircraft Veers Off Runway In Fort Lauderdale
May 1, 2021
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The FAA is investigating after an aircraft slid off a runway in Fort Lauderdale Saturday night.

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the scene at 7p.m. at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.

According to FAA officials, a North American Sabreliner business jet became stuck in the safety area after landing,

Two people were aboard the aircraft at the time of the incident, but no injuries were reported Fort Lauderdale Fire Officials said.

There was no smoke or flames reported from the runway incident.

The cause of the accident is under investigation by the FAA.

There appear to be multiple Sabreliners at FXE. Did you know Fry's own(s|ed) own multiple Sabreliners?!

1626996400741.png

About that, I have some news...

There appear to be multiple Sabreliners at FXE. Did you know Fry's own(s|ed) own multiple Sabreliners?!

View attachment 60037
I've worked on at least one of Fry's Sabreliners, it was so foreign to me that I wasn't comfortable opening or closing the main entrance door, and I will say those airplanes were/are pristine, they spared no expense (time or money) to make sure they were properly maintained and very clean. Some parts were getting to be almost impossible to find spares and it wasn't unheard of to try to find someone that would IRR any removed components required with the resulting delay. I kind of doubt they even have them anymore, does Fry's still exist?

I've worked on at least one of Fry's Sabreliners, it was so foreign to me that I wasn't comfortable opening or closing the main entrance door, and I will say those airplanes were/are pristine, they spared no expense (time or money) to make sure they were properly maintained and very clean. Some parts were getting to be almost impossible to find spares and it wasn't unheard of to try to find someone that would IRR any removed components required with the resulting delay. I kind of doubt they even have them anymore, does Fry's still exist?
Fry’s went broke last year trying to maintain it’s fleet of Saberliners.

Fry’s went broke last year trying to maintain it’s fleet of Saberliners.
You can no longer pay for jets by forcing gently directing electronics customers to walk the potato chip, bubble gum, and skittles gauntlet?? What the hell is the world coming to?

I never knew I needed a desktop 2 can fridge until I saw it, and then I knew I really didn't need it.
I bought 5 of those! One for each vehicle and three as gifts! Also bought the cigarette lighter power adapters for all of them for only pennies more! ;)

I reckon daughter Fry is still banging around in her Extra, so I guess I consider myself a contributor to women in aviation.

Back