Piper Navajo for sale $ 1.500.000 ??!!

If someone with the money decides that a refreshed version of an old airframe suits their needs who are we to discount their decision? Perhaps a person with a sense of nostalgia and time in type. There are a few DC-3s flying around, not to mention Beech 18s. Perhaps for the right buyer this airplane fits the bill, there's been more than one V-tail Bonanza upgraded to almost new specs. Sometimes the money isn't an issue and it's more about remembering a time that doesn't exist anymore but looks sweet through the rose colored glasses we all seem to see our past through. I highly doubt that airplane would end up on someones 135 cert. Perhaps it would be someones version of my J-3 Cub.

Edit: I don't own a J-3, but having one is a bucket list item.
Screw the j3. Just get a really nice bc12d for half or less and actually have it instead of dreaming.

King air for sure no, Pilatus highly dependent on what you're paying for jet a. Also type of operation.
Agreed. A KA won't even be close in operating cost.

C&D says $483/hour for the Chieftain and $773/hour for the PC-12. 37% more expensive but you're going 30% faster. I'd take a single turbine over a piston twin though, so the expense difference is a wash imo. All that being said, real planes have Garrett's so this whole thing is pretty irrelevant :D

C&D says $483/hour for the Chieftain and $773/hour for the PC-12. 37% more expensive but you're going 30% faster. I'd take a single turbine over a piston twin though, so the expense difference is a wash imo. All that being said, real planes have Garrett's so this whole thing is pretty irrelevant :D
image.jpeg

Screw the j3. Just get a really nice bc12d for half or less and actually have it instead of dreaming.
Nope, the J-3 would be sans electrical, require hand propping, and only be flown on perfect afternoons or mornings off of a grass strip just outside of my black door. Don't try to steal my little dream.

I did hear rumor that someone is trying to put a -14 in a Pilatus.

If it's truly a measure of ones appendage why not go for broke and buy a G-IV? Worldwide support and range, proven airframe and solid engines.
Meh, there's a certain level of facetiousness in my posts. But I think of the LS as the Countache of the turboprop world.

Meh, there's a certain level of facetiousness in my posts. But I think of the LS as the Countache of the turboprop world.
Posters on my bedroom wall, Christie Brinkley is a knockout at 60. If we want to talk about really wasting money the LR28 will smoke everything LA-Vegas, and make more noise doing it. How fast do you want to go?

Posters on my bedroom wall, Christie Brinkley is a knockout at 60. If we want to talk about really wasting money the LR28 will smoke everything LA-Vegas, and make more noise doing it. How fast do you want to go?
I was in SBY a couple weeks ago and the Pax River guys were doing pattern work in a LR25, no hush-kit. Absolutely glorious, but boy am I glad I don't live off the departure end of 32.

Last edited:
I was in SBY a couple weeks ago and the Pax River guys were doing pattern work in a LR25, no hush-kit. Absolutely glorious, but boy am I glad I don't live off the departure end.

Seeing LR-24s with the old CJ610s , or an old Jetstar, was indeed glorious.

I remember once in the early 90s at SDL....and airport that even then had some draconian noise abatement rules that have since gotten worse and even added a noise report hotline; preflighting my plane at 0400ish long before tower even opens for the morning, and this Saberliner 40 come taxiing out to RW21, and departs with some serious noise and rumble that shook the hangars.

Of course, nothing beats an F-105 or F-106 with the J75 engine and hard light afterburner, to really appreciate an aircraft that excelled in converting jet fuel to noise, with no bypass. :)

I was in SBY a couple weeks ago and the Pax River guys were doing pattern work in a LR25, no hush-kit. Absolutely glorious, but boy am I glad I don't live off the departure end.
Me too, that's why I didn't buy a house next to an airport. Those old jets are capable but LOUD. Eventually there will be no support and the turbojets will fade into a fog of myths and tall stories. I can speak about them but you'll have to convince me you're not trying to disparage me first.

Me too, that's why I didn't buy a house next to an airport. Those old jets are capable but LOUD. Eventually there will be no support and the turbojets will fade into a fog of myths and tall stories. I can speak about them but you'll have to convince me you're not trying to disparage me first.
Huh, I didn't realize I'd come across as disparaging in the first place. If so, then I apologize, it was unintentional. Speaking only for myself, I'd love to hear your stories. Mine are mundane and blasé so a good flying story is always welcome :)

Huh, I didn't realize I'd come across as disparaging in the first place. If so, then I apologize, it was unintentional. Speaking only for myself, I'd love to hear your stories. Mine are mundane and blasé so a good flying story is always welcome :)
Chaining an airplane to the ground to run it up to power without hurting anyone was not an infrequent occurrence. Those days are behind us now and perhaps rightly so, enjoy your MU-2, seems like a fine airplane as long as it's got a sensible brain behind it. I do recall not being happy when one would pull onto the ramp, if only because of the noise. TPE-331's are not a line guys best friend.

Chaining an airplane to the ground to run it up to power without hurting anyone was not an infrequent occurrence. .

Still find that these days on the mil engine run pads, where the tailhook gets lowered and secured to chain/cables on the concrete secure point, along with the other landing gear strut secure points, and full power engine runs performed.

Back