Piper Navajo for sale $ 1.500.000 ??!!

melax

OK I'm trying to understand this, Who would spend $1.5M on a restored 1981 Piper Navajo ?
If I remember well, you're lucky to hit 180 with this piston thing.
It is indeed a nice one but..... $1.5M, NO WAY for me....

1981 PIPER NAVAJO CHIEFTAIN
img.axd

• img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd
  • img.axd

Next
Currency
For Sale Price: USD $1,500,000
Make An Offer
Add To Watchlist View My Watchlist
Contact Information
Mike Jones Aircraft Sales, Inc
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee
Phone: (615) 896-5678
Fax: (615) 896-5688
Email
Mike Jones Aircraft Sales, Inc

Share On:
Get A Free Lender Quote
*Loan Amount
*Term length

Learn How To Close Using Escrow
For a simple and secure transaction, click here.

paysafe.png

Description
1.5 Million dollar LOCK & KEY NAVAJO renovation by MIKE JONES AIRCRAFT SALES, INC. , it's a handcrafted restoration some people have stated that it ought to be in a museum.
Airframe
Engine(s)
O HRS SINCE FACTORY NEW!!!
Prop Specs
O HRS SINCE FACTORY NEW!!!
Modifications/Conversions
Panther modification, J2B engines, VG'S, Wing Tip Ultra Galactica 3-in-one Nav/Pos/Strobes LED, Inner Gear door removal STC, Stainless Steel Battery modification with cooper cables, LED Wingtip & landing lights,
Avionics/Radios
PILOT & CO-PILOT GARMIN 600 GLASS PANELS, GMA35 REMOTE AUDIO PANEL, GTN750 TOUCHSCREEN GPS/NAV/COM, GTN 650 TOUCHSCREEN GPS/NAV/COM, GTX33 WITH EXTENDED SQUITTER, GDL88 ADSB IN & OUT FOR TRAFFIC & WEATHER, AVIDYNE TAS612 ACTIVE TRAFFIC, GARMIN DIGITAL COLOR WEATHER RADAR, JPI EDM960 ENGINE MONITORING SYSTEM, PILOT & CO-PILOTMID-CONTINENT SAM MD302 STANDBY INSTRUMENTS FOR, MID-CONTINENT MD835-1 EMERGENCY BACK UP POWE
Year Painted
Exterior
$60,000 DOLLAR PAINT JOB LOOKS LIKE A WET SHEET OF GLASS!!
Year Interior
Interior
$60,000 DOLLAR INTERIO WITH CARBON FIBER CABINETS!!
Inspection Status
FRESH INSPECTION WITH MAJOR PREVENTATIVE RESTORATION COMPLETED

Devils Advocate: Do you have a better solution to that particular problem? Perhaps a turbine is not acceptable to a certain customer, anything for sale is only worth what someone is willing pay.

Definitely a beautiful aircraft, and I've always loved the Chieftain......great bird to fly.

Always wondered how the Panther conversion ones performed and how the redesign of things like the cowling inlets helped with temps and things like that.

That's a beautiful airplane and he may well have put that much money into the panel, interior, and mechanical upgrades and restorations. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that's what the airplane is worth now. He'll be lucky to get 0.5M out of it.

That's a beautiful airplane and he may well have put that much money into the panel, interior, and mechanical upgrades and restorations. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that's what the airplane is worth now. He'll be lucky to get 0.5M out of it.
True. gorgeous airplane though.

I flew for Mike in college. It's a gorgeous product with a market of someone looking at a new baron, but wants more room with the same speed and more luxury. It's literally the aviation version of a house flip.

Considering a new BE58 is about $1.1, and with all the upgrades this thing has, they're not far off the mark, if at all. It's essentially a brand new airplane. New zero time engines. New paint. New interior. New avionics. Plus upgrades to the existing airframe. They're going to have to find the right buyer, but they probably will.

Considering a new BE58 is about $1.1, and with all the upgrades this thing has, they're not far off the mark, if at all. It's essentially a brand new airplane. New zero time engines. New paint. New interior. New avionics. Plus upgrades to the existing airframe. They're going to have to find the right buyer, but they probably will.
Yup, though unfortunately the product support for a new baron is going to be better.

It's beautiful. But you can buy a refurbished Aerostar for half the price and do everything better.

It's beautiful. But you can buy a refurbished Aerostar for half the price and do everything better.
Ugh. Too much of an oddball. Even a Navajo isn't as easy to support as it used to be and they built a lot more of them and the ones they built fly a lot more.

I guess my only criticism would be, that a 60k paintjob should have left the tail numbers off so I could put my monkey picture on the side with 6969M for monkey as a tail number.

Just need 1.5million and that Stinson in DE to catch on fire and I'm in the navajo of my dreams.

Devils Advocate: Do you have a better solution to that particular problem? Perhaps a turbine is not acceptable to a certain customer, anything for sale is only worth what someone is willing pay.
Yes... And it's brand new with 2106 technology and a warranty. It's faster. It's way more efficient. It burns Jet fuel. It flies smooth and solid. I've only flown 6 different Navajos. It's not a bad plane, but every one I've flown felt like driving an old farm pickup truck.
upload_2016-11-24_23-35-54.jpeg
Spec Box
2016 Diamond DA62
Standard price $1.08 million
Price as tested $1.24 million
Engine Austro Engines AE330 (2 x 180 hp)
Props MT 3-blade (2 x 76 inches)
22 more rows
We Fly: Diamond DA62 | Flying Magazine
www.flyingmag.com/we-fly-diamond-da62

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, though unfortunately the product support for a new baron is going to be better.

That I'm not sure about. Can the EMB parts from Brazil be used? I think they're still in production down there.

Either way, the Chieftain is a much more capable airframe.

Back