Pinnacle in 2015

Will Pinnacle still be here in 2015

• Total voters

pilotlight

Will Pinnacle still be here at the end of 2015?
Cancelled flights yesterday - 194
Cancelled flights today - 114
Company not even negotiating in chapter 11 (claim to start next week) Deadline for contract was supposed to be August 17
700's going to go jet without even a 2 for 1 swap
900's going to ASA and Skywest
The amount of 200's that needs to be cut is very close to the amount pinnacle has.
Best case scenario - 111 900's which would still result in massive displacements
Finally - delta owns all of our aircraft so they can do whatever they want to them.

I think there will be very few regionals in 2015. Or they will be small and only flying 70 and 90 seat aircraft.

Where is the MAYBE button.

It all depends on what Delta decides. If they decide that Pinnacle is to go the the direction of Comair then it will be so.

I see a very, very rocky road ahead for Pinnacle and I hate to see bad things happen to the pilots still there. If 9E survives, I think they survive as an all -900 fleet with less than 1000 pilots on property.

Glad I got out when I did.

Pinnacle will survive.

As it is now there are 3 DCI airlines. Pinnacle, Skywest family and GoJets.
I doubt delta wants one airline to control all the flying.

All you have to do to figure out what will happen to Pinnacle is to look at the past. Richard Anderson had a very clear pattern in his dealings with regional carriers during his tenure at Northwest. You build up one while beating the other down and forcing them to take concessions, then once that's accomplished, you switch to building that carrier up while beating down and forcing concessions on the carrier you originally built up. It's a little more complicated now with DCI, since there are multiple carriers instead of just the two that Northwest dealt with, but the same pattern will be followed, I'm sure. Pinnacle will be bullied into concessions as airplanes are given to these other carriers, and then Anderson will turn his ire on one of the other DCI carriers to get them to lowball. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why anyone would want to make a career out of the regional business, I still have no clue.

Get that four-year degree, folks.

Sent from my TRS-80

So yur sayin Kerllege is a goodd idear? Mr. Derg

I founded out that them werds in the big schoolz to herd to reed, :confused:

Will Pinnacle still be here at the end of 2015?
Cancelled flights yesterday - 194
Cancelled flights today - 114
Company not even negotiating in chapter 11 (claim to start next week) Deadline for contract was supposed to be August 17
700's going to go jet without even a 2 for 1 swap
900's going to ASA and Skywest
The amount of 200's that needs to be cut is very close to the amount pinnacle has.
Best case scenario - 111 900's which would still result in massive displacements
Finally - delta owns all of our aircraft so they can do whatever they want to them.

Think those numbers are a little off with the flight cancellations due to the aero data switch. Least that's what they are telling us.

Pinnacle will survive.

As it is now there are 3 DCI airlines. Pinnacle, Skywest family and GoJets.
I doubt delta wants one airline to control all the flying.

The RAH family?? And I would say gojets is TSH family. So really there are 4 families with like 7 airlines.

Since there are not joint lists between compass and Gojets and Expressjet and Skywest, meaning no sharing of airplanes or pilots to pick up the other's slack on a daily basis, I would count these guys as 4 different airlines.

How many 50 seaters does CHQ still operate?

Think those numbers are a little off with the flight cancellations due to the aero data switch. Least that's what they are telling us.

These numbers are very close to what the SOC dashboard were showing. When I last looked we had 170 cancellations on Wednesday due to the aerodata switch.

All you have to do to figure out what will happen to Pinnacle is to look at the past. Richard Anderson had a very clear pattern in his dealings with regional carriers during his tenure at Northwest. You build up one while beating the other down and forcing them to take concessions, then once that's accomplished, you switch to building that carrier up while beating down and forcing concessions on the carrier you originally built up. It's a little more complicated now with DCI, since there are multiple carriers instead of just the two that Northwest dealt with, but the same pattern will be followed, I'm sure. Pinnacle will be bullied into concessions as airplanes are given to these other carriers, and then Anderson will turn his ire on one of the other DCI carriers to get them to lowball. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Cut Pinnacle down, "invest" and take control when cheap, renew contract, sell to highest bidder with new contract or IPO it with an equity stake. Best way to make money. Almost like taking candy from a baby. Even the E-trade baby could write that business plan.

Why anyone would want to make a career out of the regional business, I still have no clue.

Get that four-year degree, folks.

Sent from my TRS-80
Gots the degree... gots the time... gots the recommendations.... I must be getting skroood.... oh poor me.:eek::bang::( Mixed emotions... in that order. Lol!

These numbers are very close to what the SOC dashboard were showing. When I last looked we had 170 cancellations on Wednesday due to the aerodata switch.
U could be right, I'm going off what they are teaching
Us and telling us in MSP.

If 9E's still around in 2015, it's gonna be a completely different airline than it was when I started 6+ years ago. When I started, it was just 50 seaters for NWA. Then we bought Colgan as a whipsaw to be used against us in contract negotiations. Then we got 16 -900s to fly for Delta. Than Colgan killed the whipsaw plan by voting in ALPA. Then we were shotgun wedding with Mesaba. Through ALL of that, I've seen some of the WORST management decisions and money handling that would make accountants cringe. A huge shell game with profits to hide the fact that contracts signed after 2008 were all, more or less, money losers. When we finally get a contract in place that brings us up to right about industry average, the shells weren't big enough to hide the losses anymore. Sure, when we were under a 1999 agreement, they had the financial ability to hide the losses. Now, with better pay, work rules and training costs, they couldn't hide it anymore, and now we are where we were pretty much destined to be the second Trenary signed the agreements with United and Delta.

We might be more expensive than GoJets, but I honestly doubt our pilot and labor costs are any more expensive than Skywest or ExpressJet's. It's our administrative costs and the extremely inefficient way things are run around here. We've got guys that were awarded class dates to be trained on aircraft weeks after those aircraft were to be parked. So, what happens now? Those guys are either paid monthly guarantee to sit home (which is what I'd be doing), stay in their current positions (thus making that position overstaffed) AND paid at the higher pay rate until each person junior to them is finished with training. For the pilots, this is all pretty fair. It's in the contract to protect us from being screwed. However, the company is still running things like we're under the old contract. Huge vacancies make no sense when you've got that contract language. Run smaller, more frequent vacancies to keep your costs low. Nope. They want everything already done on paper. It. Make. No. Sense. Unless management already has positions waiting for them at other companies and they need to finish destroying everyone else's livelihood first. This of course AFTER they take their 60 and 40% pay raises in addition to whatever golden parachute they have worked out.

I'm tired of seeing people here beat down and worried over where they'll be in 3 months, much less a year. I'm in the same boat myself. With no class date on the horizon and a potential merger with AMR heating up, I'm not guaranteed anything at jetBlue yet. I'm taking the stance that until I hear anything else, I'm still stuck at Pinnacle. Losing the -900s is going to hurt me....badly. See, those guys can't even bid the aircraft their currently flying thanks to the Bloch award. Everyone gets dumped on the -200 because Bloch didn't take into account the fact we weren't properly staffed at the time of the merger. I guess that's ANOTHER thing we can thank those wonderful "leaders" who are no longer here for. So, as a result, I'm staring at the very real possibility of being displaced to the right seat after nearly 7 years at the airline. Meanwhile, guys junior to me would stay CAs on the -900s in MSP, DTW and MEM. The only consolation is that the training backlog is going to be so MASSIVE, it's probable it will take them 6+ month just to get TO me after I get the displacement notice.

This doesn't even take into account the raking over the coals we're likely to get in bankruptcy. I'm hopeful an ALPA lawyer is going to go to bat for us with the contracts of the other airlines we're competing with for Delta flying and show in court that we AREN'T above industry average. We're right there with the rest of them. If we get that done, maybe we stand a fighting chance. Then again, the judge may be golf buddies with the Pinnacle execs, and we're screwed anyways. Either way, this isn't going to be pretty, and I hope everyone lands on their feet. We know management will. They've already seen to themselves.....

Back