Pinnacle in 2015

Will Pinnacle still be here in 2015

• Total voters
No offense, but I'd make more pushing button at Space Mountain AND be home every night. If I wind up on the street, I'm done with aviation.

If I had actually faced furlough and not had the golden opporunity I now have at Silver, I would have thought really hard about getting out of 121 flying.

This doesn't even take into account the raking over the coals we're likely to get in bankruptcy. I'm hopeful an ALPA lawyer is going to go to bat for us with the contracts of the other airlines we're competing with for Delta flying and show in court that we AREN'T above industry average. We're right there with the rest of them. If we get that done, maybe we stand a fighting chance. Then again, the judge may be golf buddies with the Pinnacle execs, and we're screwed anyways. Either way, this isn't going to be pretty, and I hope everyone lands on their feet. We know management will. They've already seen to themselves.....

Back when US Air went bankrupt apparently there were memos from HQ to the pension administrator essentially telling them to make losing trades. The company needed the pension fund to be underfunded so they could shed it in bankruptcy, so millions upon millions were lost on purpose (essentially).

From an outsider looking in, it looks like Pinnacle is doing what it is doing on purpose. I feel for you guys because management is only doing this to increase their costs and make themselves look like they are in a much worse position than they could've been in had they done things the right way.

Things will work out, you'll be at jetBlue and sitting reserve at home driving to work in the future I know it.

From an outsider looking in, it looks like Pinnacle is doing what it is doing on purpose. I feel for you guys because management is only doing this to increase their costs and make themselves look like they are in a much worse position than they could've been in had they done things the right way.

I fear you are more right than wrong.

Kinda want to to jump off a bridge after reading this.

Like ATN said Richard Anderson has a pretty solid history of doing exactly what he is doing. Unfortunately though that game works best when there are fewer players so I think Pinnacle is going to fall by the wayside. I'm not quite sure why GoJets is getting built up but I'm gonna guess it has something to do with Compass. Either way I just want out of this regional rat race... All I can do is pray that scope is maintained/captured and eventually I get the hours to fly for a halfway decent company that realizes we're humans and not slaves.

All I can do is pray that scope is maintained/captured and eventually I get the hours to fly for a halfway decent company that realizes we're humans and not slaves.

Trans Maldivian Airways won't respond to my applications :(

If I had actually faced furlough and not had the golden opporunity I now have at Silver, I would have thought really hard about getting out of 121 flying.

Silver is the ultimate irony of the Delta Connection system. Mesaba has all of their turboprops parked because Delta doesn't like turboprops and wants to be all jet. Pinnacle starts flying -200s on those routes. Delta decides that's crazy. Outsources the flying to someone that operates turboprops. It's enough to make you just smack your head against the wall. I'm glad things worked out for you personally. I just wish Delta wouldn't play Russian Roulette with their regional partners. It's almost like what I used to do to save $10 on my long distance bill by playig AT&T, MCI and Sprint off each other. Then again, I was eating Ramen and working 60 hours a week at the time to make ends meet. I wasn't a mega-million dollar company turning decent profits.

Wheelsup said:
Things will work out, you'll be at jetBlue and sitting reserve at home driving to work in the future I know it.
No joke. If it weren't for being in the pool over there, I would probably already be halfway into looking at something outside of aviation altogether. Just got an e-mail basically telling us poolies to hang tight. Things are moving, classes start back in Sept. It'll be slow at first, but everyone in the pool is going to get a call either later this year or sometime next year. Sounds like MCO is gonna be the growth base with the Caribbean flying, too.

No offense, but I'd make more pushing button at Space Mountain AND be home every night. If I wind up on the street, I'm done with aviation.

I'd probably get a type rating and head to China.

Man, if someone with good graces had a particular type rating, do I know the deal of the century for them.

Sad how US aviation is the armpit of the world and there's hella-opportunity out across the oceans.

I'd probably get a type rating and head to China.

Man, if someone with good graces had a particular type rating, do I know the deal of the century for them.

Sad how US aviation is the armpit of the world and there's hella-opportunity out across the oceans.

Would that rating be A320??? Not that I'm looking to bail....but the "Deal of the Century" has a certain ring to it. :p

As much as I love my airplane, there are definite disadvantages in the 21st century to having all of your recency of experience being in a DC-9 type. :)

Silver is the ultimate irony of the Delta Connection system. Mesaba has all of their turboprops parked because Delta doesn't like turboprops and wants to be all jet. Pinnacle starts flying -200s on those routes. Delta decides that's crazy. Outsources the flying to someone that operates turboprops. It's enough to make you just smack your head against the wall. I'm glad things worked out for you personally. I just wish Delta wouldn't play Russian Roulette with their regional partners

Silver is flying those routes because Delta wanted to ditch the EAS contracts. Delta oursourced nothing to Silver. There is no ASA and we are not... repeat not flying as part of the Connection carriers. Silver had to bid for and be awarded the EAS contract, and part of what helped "sweeten the deal" was to secure an interline agreement with Delta and shift the flying from MEM to ATL.

Besides... if we were really a part of the Connection family, we wouldn't be parking at 6N on the hard stands. :)

Kinda want to to jump off a bridge after reading this.

Like ATN said Richard Anderson has a pretty solid history of doing exactly what he is doing. Unfortunately though that game works best when there are fewer players so I think Pinnacle is going to fall by the wayside. I'm not quite sure why GoJets is getting built up but I'm gonna guess it has something to do with Compass. Either way I just want out of this regional rat race... All I can do is pray that scope is maintained/captured and eventually I get the hours to fly for a halfway decent company that realizes we're humans and not slaves.
WMU doesn't have a Masters degree program with Delta?

Silver is flying those routes because Delta wanted to ditch the EAS contracts. Delta oursourced nothing to Silver. There is no ASA and we are not... repeat not flying as part of the Connection carriers. Silver had to bid for and be awarded the EAS contract, and part of what helped "sweeten the deal" was to secure an interline agreement with Delta and shift the flying from MEM to ATL.

Besides... if we were really a part of the Connection family, we wouldn't be parking at 6N on the hard stands. :)

Ah. That makes MUCH more sense. :) As for the hard stands.....yeah ya would. Delta seems to be on a "We hate jetbridges" kick. It's like pulling teeth to get a lift if you've got a 90 year old grandma that can't make it down the stairs. Even a lot of the places that USED to use jetbridges seem to have just parked the bridge and rolled up some stairs so they can park 2 CRJs at the gate at the same time. You left at a good time, man. I'm beat down and grumpy.

Ah. That makes MUCH more sense. :) As for the hard stands.....yeah ya would. Delta seems to be on a "We hate jetbridges" kick. It's like pulling teeth to get a lift if you've got a 90 year old grandma that can't make it down the stairs. Even a lot of the places that USED to use jetbridges seem to have just parked the bridge and rolled up some stairs so they can park 2 CRJs at the gate at the same time.

With our hard stands in ATL, we are definitely not in the "cool kids club". We park out on the ramp at the base of the tower adjacent to Dixie taxiway (E Concourse). Passengers have to be put on a bus out to the airplane. We have a report time of 45 prior at the gate for overnights and I am not looking forward to ATL layovers. It will take us an additional 45 minutes just to clear security and get to the gate.

Ramp tower didn't even know where we parked the other night. :)

You left at a good time, man. I'm beat down and grumpy.

I'm glad I got out when I did. Everything is looking like I timed this move just right. Hopefully JB will call you sooner rather than later.

WMU doesn't have a Masters degree program with Delta?

They have some ridiculous program where you have to keep laying $100 bills down on the desk of the Dean until he finally calls someone at Delta just to give you an interview.

In all seriousness I think this is how that program works. First, you have to get all of your ratings at WMU (I did not), get hired as a CFI at WMU (I did not... see step 1), get hired at ASA (I did not), then meet the minimum hour qualifications for Delta (getting closer). All those hoops just for an interview at Delta.

When it comes down to it I basically got a degree from WMU and did a little bit of flying there then pursued an MBA. I get the impression you're knockin on me for going to WMU but I don't get why. Is WMU viewed as bad as drinking the RiddleJuice? Did I come off as having an entitlement attitude for aspiring to rise above the regionals rather than try to make a career of it?

Did I come off as having an entitlement attitude for aspiring to rise above the regionals rather than try to make a career of it?

Did I have entitlement attitude...is that why you didn't hire me for line? God I'll never let that die will I?

Ah. That makes MUCH more sense. :) As for the hard stands.....yeah ya would. Delta seems to be on a "We hate jetbridges" kick. It's like pulling teeth to get a lift if you've got a 90 year old grandma that can't make it down the stairs. Even a lot of the places that USED to use jetbridges seem to have just parked the bridge and rolled up some stairs so they can park 2 CRJs at the gate at the same time. You left at a good time, man. I'm beat down and grumpy.

That was one thing I always liked about Northwest: they were obsessed with the passengers not having to walk across a ramp. Every airplane got a jetbridge, unless it was just completely impossible. Even the Slaabs got jetbridges at most cities by around 2004 or so. The little things like a jetbridge make the job a lot easier on a bad day.

Back