Pinnacle in 2015

Will Pinnacle still be here in 2015

• Total voters
If spanjers quits, 9e doesn't see the end of the year.

I doubt pinnacle in its current incarnation will be around. Somebody may buy the ticket ala "silver" but I don't think the current operation will be here in 2015

If spanjers quits, 9e doesn't see the end of the year.

I doubt pinnacle in its current incarnation will be around. Somebody may buy the ticket ala "silver" but I don't think the current operation will be here in 2015

It won't be the fact it's Spanjers that does us in, it'll be the fact that our 3rd CEO in less than two years has run screaming. I'm not sure anyone else could do better. It's not like any CEO has done anything around here in years. When was our last new airline agreement signed? 2007? And those were money losers on top of it. We'er essentially an airline staffing agency, but we couldn't even get that part right for the longest time. I've seen more MX issues in the past month than I did all last year, basically because we don't buy parts to fix things anymore. We've been booted out of at least one hotel for payment issues, and the driver in that city is still waiting to get paid for two months of transportation services.

It won't be the fact it's Spanjers that does us in, it'll be the fact that our 3rd CEO in less than two years has run screaming. I'm not sure anyone else could do better. It's not like any CEO has done anything around here in years. When was our last new airline agreement signed? 2007? And those were money losers on top of it. We'er essentially an airline staffing agency, but we couldn't even get that part right for the longest time. I've seen more MX issues in the past month than I did all last year, basically because we don't buy parts to fix things anymore. We've been booted out of at least one hotel for payment issues, and the driver in that city is still waiting to get paid for two months of transportation services.
well, that's what I meant, if spanjers bails, it's because there won't be a job for him soon..

Are the pilots getting paid now?

Our instructor here in MSP just got off of a conference call. Looks like the ask from the pilots is insane.

They also mentioned liquidation in less than a month.

RUMORS of an ask from the pilot group that includes:

- 30% pay cut
- FO pay freeze at 4 year
- CA pay freeze at 12 year
- Upgrade you go back to year 1 (kinda dumb though)

They are trying to scare us with the threat of liquidation in 3 weeks if we don't vote it in.

I think the training costs they are looking at. Realistically could be too much I a hit for the company to take...

I'm pretty confident there won't be any liquidation before next summer. Delta ponies up the cash to keep us around simply because there's no possible way they can take that big of a loss of airframes over night. The airframes can defintiely be very easily transfered to ExpressJet/Skywest and some to GoooooooooJET since they are both already 200/900 operators but they would still need to hire a couple thousandish pilots to staff.

Delta will keep us around a little while longer. If we get scared and give up our contract then they'll just get a better deal out of it. Ultimately though we lose no matter what.

My wife recommends getting the inflatable rat out to protest this.

I have to admit, I'm also fond of the rat.

Full pay to the last day!

Rat, Rat, Rat, Rat...........

union-rat.jpg

I'm pretty confident there won't be any liquidation before next summer. Delta ponies up the cash to keep us around simply because there's no possible way they can take that big of a loss of airframes over night. The airframes can defintiely be very easily transfered to ExpressJet/Skywest and some to GoooooooooJET since they are both already 200/900 operators but they would still need to hire a couple thousandish pilots to staff.

Delta will keep us around a little while longer. If we get scared and give up our contract then they'll just get a better deal out of it. Ultimately though we lose no matter what.

I think the problems pinnacle corp face go much further than pay/ money now. As they have done away with pensions, retirement, pay and longevity incentives, they have driven the loyalty out of the employees. The MX staff, SOC, flight attendants etc. in reality have very little brand loyalty. I don't think spanjers is the guy to rally the troops so to say.

Pilots taking a 30% pay cut would make nearly the same on unemployment. Facing further downsizing, and what is likely no possibility to get out of a bankruptcy contract in the future doesn't inspire loyalty or effort.

You already see the effect of people "checking out". MX reliability is in the tank, soc, scheduling etc just don't care.

I think this whole process has been mismanaged so badly, that it might not be feasible to meet performance requirements, and delta may happily just transition the rest of the flying over the next few months. Winter is traditionally a low load time of year, and, would be the ideal time to phase out a company.

Keep in mind, I'm on the outside looking in, but, I just don't see anything that resembles a company that's getting it's costs an operation under control.

I just don't see Delta being able to phase us out faster than 6 months which puts the end date about beginning of next summer. With the new term sheet though they might as well just start phasing us out first thing tomorrow morning.

Yeah this new term sheet is really bad. FOs top pay is 38 dollars, no min day, 50% deadhead, and horrible insurance. Oh yeah and back to 10 days off for reserves.

Yeah this new term sheet is really bad. FOs top pay is 38 dollars, no min day, 50% deadhead, and horrible insurance. Oh yeah and back to 10 days off for reserves.

So, basically the old contract with worse pay and insurance. No thanks. Most of us would do better to quit and work at Home Depot. I like flying, but I like putting food on the table more. Shove it.

If they can't operate the company with pilot pay, benefits and work rules on par with Skywest and ExpressJet (which is essentially what we have now), then the doors should just be closed.

Okay, I just read the term sheet. If this is what the company actually thinks of their "professional" pilots, then they should consider themselves DAMN lucky I get on my commute Sunday and not just leave them twisting in the wind on that 5 day trip I've got coming up. The health care alone would torpedo my monthly budget. That's not even counting the loss of min day, co-domicile language, loss of extended sick leave, reduction of premium pay, slashing of DH pay, and the $10/hr pay cut I'm looking at. Oh, and if I get displaced to FO and re-upgrade....I get to start over on 1st year CA pay. FOs take a look at the language that says you can't bid another aircraft unless you upgrade to CA. So, if you're on the -200, get to liking it.

Back