Pilot USA 17-79 DNC Headset

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
There's been a lot of talk about headsets lately...

I picked one of these up used on Ebay - it's a few years old, with some normal wear, but still in very good condition - I got it for less than $250 shipped. Previous owner also provided a brand-new comm-cord.

I know they're a little goofy-looking compared to other designs, but I am really impressed with the performance of the headset. The ANR is really, really good, the weight is nice, no interference with my eyeglasses, the recharging feature is pretty cool, and all in all it's got a lot of value.

Verrrry comfortable, and the audio was much more natural than with my Avcomm. Really, really impressed with that.

I emailed Pilot USA with some questions about upgrading/refurbishing it. I got email back from the OWNER very promptly with pricing and ideas about what I could do with it as far as upgrades - such as cell/music interface and auto-shutoff for the ANR, etc.

Think I will send it in and get at least new gel earseals put on it (they're the adhesive kind) and MAYBE the music interface.

But I'm really impressed with the headset and the service response from the company.

Performance comparable to a 30-3G in my opinion, but cheaper and doesn't make you look like mickey mouse wearing it. :)

Thanks to those here who recommended it.

Thanks man.

I'm STILL headset hunting, waiting to try a couple things on. The Pilot is up there on my list.

Back