Pilot Shortage ???

Yeah, I said it bitches, want to fight about it? Thought not. :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Yeah, I said it bitches, want to fight about it? Thought not. :)

Sent from my TRS-80
6a0105359316ef970b0120a91c283d970b-800wi

Yeah, they have fallen to the level of "Bitter Fringe Group." After their last two emails, they lost a lot of support. Several guys I talked to are either removing their cards or not going to renew.

Now, that's not to say that DALPAs in the clear. Most, myself included, still feel that a change has to happen. ALPA cannot serve two masters. At a minimum, there should be maybe two divisions, mainline and regional.

Thanks.

From my work, I have A LOT of respect for the former Northwest Reps. The guys up in Council 1 and the DTW Captain and FO Rep are top notch guys. Also the Delta EVP (former Northwest) is awesome.

Hopefully they stay around.

While perhaps true by the letter of the law, it's the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on the Internet. And that's going a ways. Perhaps we need to define our terms, here?

With all due respect, you speak of something on which you have absolutely no experience. While you make think it's intuitive that there would be some sort of influence, there truly isn't. We go to incredible efforts to ensure that there is not. The entire structure is specifically designed to prevent it, and it works quite well.

I didn't mean to impugn the sanctity of the negotiating commitee, ATN. I (weirdly) have faith that guys who have chosen that sort of hard work (vs. just holding a nice line and gardening in the off-time) have unimpeachable character. But when things go up for a Vote, everyone knows that everyone else is thinking about the guys on the "other side" who are thinking equally hard about their QOL, pay, etc. It really is a Tragedy, in the Shakespearean sense. No one's wrong, no one's right. Except that's not quite right, either. It's just that we're mostly mad at each other. Which is by design. The people we should all be mad at are laughing all the way to the bank. Best of luck trying to explain that to the RJ Captain who looks at the Legacy Captain and sees two vacation homes and a speedboat, or to the Legacy Captain who looks at the RJ Captain and sees "You were just given all this money, you did nothing for it, your vast experience counts for nothing, I'm just as good as you are".

Of course the real Winners are the guys with a lambo in the garage and a golden parachute when things go pear-shaped. Sign the checks, say some nice things, and your stock options increase in value (myseriously)!

But we'll keep cutting each other's throats over perceived slights, cause that's how we roll. Pilots are Suckers.

Nah, more of the Zylon base station CPU. Jump.

Sent from my TRS-80

Really? CYLON, dude. Geek card revoked for two weeks. Damn....and I've always seen you as a 70s BSG Boomer more than Tuvok. :)

As for PCL, MOST guys get it that reduction of flying at the regionals while an increase of mainline flying is a good thing even if it means a temporary set back. Most of the guys that are all "They took ar jerbs!" are the guys that were never leaving PCL in the first place. Ya know, the super senior MEM/MSP guys that will only fly for FedEx or Delta because they don't want to commute....but they can't because they never got a degree.

Great. Now please go tell all the Comair, PNCL, and other regional pilots this so we don't have to be constantly bombarded with why big ole mean poopypants Delta is ruining their career.

DALPA not ruining their careers, just their mortgage payments.

There is a distinct difference, though I imagine most guys don't see it. In reality, reducing scope is a long term solution that produces short term pain for some folks.

Incidentally, back on subject:

Southern is apparently parking the classics and furloughing 40-60...

Riiiiiiiiigggghhhhhtttttt around the corner...aaaaannnnnnyyyy second now...

Shouldn't "pilot shortage" be relegated to all of the other banned words on JC?

I mean if I can't say frell, frack, felgercarb, zots or any of the other "six words", then people shouldn't really be able to say "pilot shortage".

Richman

Right along with the furloughs at World, Ryan, North American, Comair, Eagle, etc. :rolleyes:

All I know is that I'm sticking around on my own seniority list until things settle down.

Latest mainline rumor I heard in the jumpseat last week for Southernjets was that they were going to be offering early-outs again soon, which if your 62 or 63... why the hell nawt? If the money is enough that is...

They already did. Less than the anticipated (advertised?) amount took it.

Offer free weenie wednesday and plan for 300-plus, but only 200 or so show up, no need in throwing another free weenie Wednesday.

Sent from my TRS-80

For the guys that have been in this industry a long time, I get it when they say pilot shortage is a myth and we will never see it. I mean theses guys have heard pilot shortage yet have seen mergers, downgrades, furloughs, 9/11, crappy economy etc. But isn't it kinda different this time with the retirements on the horizon? I mean unless they change the retirement age again, this is the first time so many of the so called baby boomers or Vietnam era pilots are set to retire. For the guys that have been in the industry, isn't this the first time in airline history that we are going to see these types of retirement numbers? Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part because I am stuck on a sinking ship.

Back