Pilot arrested with gun in his bag (aka why KCM will be going away)

If I found myself in this situation, I like to think I would have the presence of mind to strip down nekkid before I allow myself to be mugshat in the distinctive uniform of my career.
I guess it depends upon where you want to see the honesty and loyalty. To yerrrraaiiiights or to yerdogfoodprovider ??

Tarantulas are kind of cool pets if you take care of them. They're like reptiles, I've had friends (one in particular) who've kept everything from a bearded dragon, up to and including boa constrictors, pythons and eventually graduated to a Nile monitor. I actually very much enjoyed spending time with the monitor, he was what every kid from my era thought a tank was. Just pure muscle, torque and traction and as long as he'd eaten a mouse or rat in the last couple of days very docile, you didn't want to be around him when he was hungry. He didn't care if you were 6' tall, you were food. I drew the line when he started keeping rattlesnakes. Normal rattlesnakes (I don't know what a normal rattlesnake is) were pedestrian so his were Mojave Greens, they were all kept in earthquake proof padlocked cages, but one had been "neutered" by a vet (the venom sacks in its head had been removed) and my friend would, despite my protestations, take it out of the cage and handle it. I'd had enough of this nonsense (if a snake can grow another tail what else can it grow?) so I only kept in touch over the phone after that. I kept telling him a dog or cat was a better option for a pet. He lived a very full life and died at 35 from cancer. Just get a dog or a cat and try to not abuse it and it will be your best friend, or don't if your religion tells you something nearly every other society on the planet has benefited from is beneath you. Try explaining that to your kids in the South Bay and not having them resent you.

ChatGPT draw picture of cat flying spaceship, inverted, over a reddish-orange sunset with a Martini in the proper glass.

I read that as "piece of s****" Then I had to read it again and realized you probably meant Port of Seattle.

Then I realized, nah, the first take on it works just fine :)

My problem is with those who feel they need to openly or CC everywhere they go or can. Some idiot Dad a few years ago got his family kicked out of a Disney resort here in Orlando because he felt the need to bring guns(yes plural) on vacation and even wanted to bring them in the parks. When the police questioned him, he stated that “he needed to protect his family.“

And I read the above, initially, as “…..those who feel the need to openly or Cherokee Cruiser everywhere they go or can.” And I’m like, what the heck is he writing here? Only re-reading it, did I correctly interpret Conceal Carry. :)

We're literally dealing with a pilot who admittedly threaten to shoot another one in the cockpit, we're a little "tender" around VA Avenue.
I know this would be a “over drinks” answer, but Is there an exit interview after this? I’d be interested to hear why a crew member thought it was ok to hijack (that’s what it sounds like) an airplane. Either way it’s frustrating to see people like this slip through the cracks and piss away a great career.

My problem is with those who feel they need to openly or CC everywhere they go or can. Some idiot Dad a few years ago got his family kicked out of a Disney resort here in Orlando because he felt the need to bring guns(yes plural) on vacation and even wanted to bring them in the parks. When the police questioned him, he stated that “he needed to protect his family.“
Did he think a flash mob of drag queens were going to come out and attack them? :rolleyes: I never understood why certain groups of men are so jumpy. Some folks would shoot their own shadow if they got scared enough.

ChatGPT draw picture of cat flying spaceship, inverted, over a reddish-orange sunset with a Martini in the proper glass.
IMG_0259.png

I am sad for the kitties who will have to try and sip their martinis while wearing the fishbowl over their heads. I prefer the leisure of the Maine Coon in the astro-chaise-lounger and catself's free libation access.

I know this would be a “over drinks” answer, but Is there an exit interview after this? I’d be interested to hear why a crew member thought it was ok to hijack (that’s what it sounds like) an airplane. Either way it’s frustrating to see people like this slip through the cracks and piss away a great career.
I think in some cases it would be better to ban them from the property. There was an ONT Capt (FFDO by the way and local) that got fired about 10 years ago after testing positive for an illegal substance. I always kept a close look for him around parking lot. He was the type to go postal and the guard shack doesn't do much guarding in ONT.

I think in some cases it would be better to ban them from the property. There was an ONT Capt (FFDO by the way and local) that got fired about 10 years ago after testing positive for an illegal substance. I always kept a close look for him around parking lot. He was the type to go postal and the guard shack doesn't do much guarding in ONT.

That's my fear. From the "details not to be publicly disclosed on a forum" (at least until it comes out after the testimony starts, but I do have a different level of knowledge about the event from adjacency to some of the people involved) the level of unrepentant clarity about what his intentions were makes me wonder what he is truly capable of and willing to do.

"No one saw this coming"

"Umm, well ackshually…."

That's my fear. From the "details not to be publicly disclosed on a forum" (at least until it comes out after the testimony starts, but I do have a different level of knowledge about the event from adjacency to some of the people involved) the level of unrepentant clarity about what his intentions were makes me wonder what he is truly capable of and willing to do.

"No one saw this coming"

"Umm, well ackshually…."

Defund the FFDO. :)

"No one saw this coming"

"Umm, well ackshually…."

"No one saw this coming"

"Umm, well ackshually…."
:rolleyes: It’s amazing what people will look past for whatever reason.

Back