Part 135 operators who are by the book (or at least try really hard to be)

Relativistic part 117.......

Just kill me know.

STP (Spaceship Transport Pilot) Written Question from 2349:

"You dutied on at 1200 on planet earth, but the company's principal base of operations has been moving relative to you at 92.128% the speed of light, what time must your records show you've dutied off at the principal base of operations to not exceed 14 hours of duty in your inertial reference frame?"

A) 0200 the following morning.
B) 1726 the same day
C) 1739 the same day

If we are a stationary observer, performing our 14 hour shift, and the clocks both start at 1200 then at 90%c the office clock would show about 1430 at the end of our shift. Best I can do without a calculator...

You are correct sorry, hit * instead of /

office_time = earth_time/sqrt(1-.92128^2)=5.44 hours, ish

But your 5 hours 26 is correct. What we have really achieved here is to prove my Mathematics teacher wrong when he told me I had to learn long division, because I couldn't carry a calculator with me everywhere. Turns out, I still haven't learned long division, apparently.

But your 5 hours 26 is correct. What we have really achieved here is to prove my Mathematics teacher wrong when he told me I had to learn long division, because I couldn't carry a calculator with me everywhere. Turns out, I still haven't learned long division, apparently.

It's true - otherwise how the hell would we have been able to figure this out?

Well folks, if anyone still cares to know what the situation was (not as entertaining as the space time continuum discussion between NickH and Ppragman...)

They want you to keep the ringer on all the time
IF called you may be required to report within 2 hours. (so not the "Your 10 hour rest start now, go to bed and see you at show time")
You can decline the trip but that eats into your vacation day/get pay cut something like that.

Thanks for those who suggested how to make this legal. Too bad you can't talk to this operator and make this suggestion to them. Charter job is supposed to be a step up from part 91 entry level. What a disappointment finding that entry level piston jobs so far carry less risk of breaking regs than flying shiny skinny jets part 135.

I will make a last ditch effort to see if they will agree to walk the line. If not I am gonna walk away myself.

I wonder if I will find anything. After all rumor has it that TMC jet does the same rolling rest period thing when you are on rotation.

What a disappointment finding that entry level piston jobs so far carry less risk of breaking regs than flying shiny skinny jets part 135.

In my world view, equipment has nothing to do with management competence and everything to do with the particular business the operator is choosing to be in.

Hedge - where are you at? (PM if needed). There are operators out there who do it right... they just often don't look like what you might imagine. These operators consequently don't have the same retention problems and thus you don't see/hear about them as much.

In my world view, equipment has nothing to do with management competence and everything to do with the particular business the operator is choosing to be in.

Hedge - where are you at? (PM if needed). There are operators out there who do it right... they just often don't look like what you might imagine. These operators consequently don't have the same retention problems and thus you don't see/hear about them as much.

PM coming your way after I get some sleep. I agree that I jumped to conclusion about equipment or part 135. I am sure there are good operations out there, just disappointed that I ran into three so far that does the exact same thing with rest rules. Then the 2-3 sick days a year, some don't recognize fatigue and penalize you by considering fatigue call or refusing to fly due to not getting 10 hr legal rest "sick". Some have cowboys who habitually bust speed limit ( both 250 and the barber pole). etc, etc. I am just a tad exasperated. Too early to feel that way, I know.

Back