Pan Am student whines about whiners

[ QUOTE ]
It’s quite humorous how the bashers keep coming up with the biggest problems at Pan Am as the “admin” and the “career pilot counselors”. It’s funny because as a student and instructor in “FLIGHT OPERATIONS”, you spend a daily average of, oh, approximately, ZERO percent of your time with that side of the company.

[/ QUOTE ]

and how would you know this???? It's not like I have to walk around holding their hand to know that they screw you up the a$$.

I took this out of the dictionary for ya:
"Administration"- group of performers of executive duties, i.e. MANAGEMENT. I don't know about you, but when I drop 50K, you're damn right I'm gonna know about management, and where my money is. Doug said it best in another post- STAY AWAY from places that ask for your money up front.

Well, I think that all that's going to come of any of this is an agreement to disagree. There is only about one thing fur shur: get your hours, learn how to interview well, get a job. Any technical programs you can get your hands on will help (i.e. ACE), but it is debatable on whether or not the dollars spent give a worthwhile return (in other words, do they help you that much?).

As for schools, they all give you the same certificates in the end (really, don't kid yourself too much on this one). Pan Am is a fine school in its own right - it just matters if you like the mode of operation and the growing pains that come with a new operation of that size.

You know, I have to agree with Panam pilot once again....it's all up to the individual and who works the hardest and want it the most. Sorry!!!! Instead of being on forums bitching about the school, why aren't you studying????? Everyone is different, some are happy just staying on with PanAm and instructing. Others are waiting for commerical slots, other cooperate. It's all what the individual is looking for as far as their careers and lives are concerned. Thank God we're all different right????
I was lucky enough to be in a position to help an instructor with very few hours get placed in a position that he was the type of pilot that was being sought. Hard working, professional, cooperate. Oh yeah, pilots with more hours were snubbed, but it's the whole package guys.....and reap what you sow.

the fact of the matter is that much of the discussion about panam has nothing to do with studying or not studying, its the treatment of students and the way they feel about that treatment. for the most part the problems that people try and talk about on here were the same felt by most, if not all of the students and staff at the school. the staff of course kept things at arms length because they didn't want to cause any problems with themselves and the school, and either way they learned early on that their suggestions in regards to operations weren't much appreciated. students pretty much did the same thing considering most wanted to work at the school and didn't want to ruin any chance of becoming a flight instructor. all in all, everyone knew the problems and many genuinely wanted to help the school make things better, as i'm sure many still do.

[ QUOTE ]
Well said CB9. I couldn't agree more. And just to add the proverbial exclamation point to CB9'S comments, Chataqua airlines this last week just offered more interviews to some of our Ace gradutes. It seems we don't have to talk the talk because we are walking the walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the last time an interview paid my bills.

I'm more interested in seeing how many Pan Am people actually get hired.

You can have 200 interviews but if only 5 people get hired then.....

Arky

I can only think of one person who has gone to a Chataqua interview and not gotten the job. Yes, a handful of people have failed interviews at various airlines, but for the most part people are getting hired.

[ QUOTE ]
So let’s talk about the Pan Am instructors, its pretty much a non-argument that they are extremely impressive when it comes to knowledge level, and skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder how they'd do on my IFR quizzes.....

Back