OKC paycheck

Couple of questions here

Is anyone going to the academy being issued travel credit cards or are you having to pay out of pocket until reimbursed?

If we choose can we stay at a local hotel or do we have to stay in long term housing that is local?

I read on GSA that the housing portion could be up to like 80$ per night but is htis different for long term schools?

I know that travel from residence to school and back are covered, but do they pay perdiem fro travel back home during the school? If so how often are you allowed to return?

Couple of questions here

Is anyone going to the academy being issued travel credit cards or are you having to pay out of pocket until reimbursed?

If we choose can we stay at a local hotel or do we have to stay in long term housing that is local?

I read on GSA that the housing portion could be up to like 80$ per night but is htis different for long term schools?

I know that travel from residence to school and back are covered, but do they pay perdiem fro travel back home during the school? If so how often are you allowed to return?

I'll try to answer your questions:

-No travel cards, you pay out of pocket and then you get travel reimbursement added to your first per diem check after you have been at OKC for 15 days. Be prepared to be out here for 2-3 weeks before receiving any kind of $$ depending on where your start date falls in the pay period.

-You can stay at a local hotel if you want. You just have to stay at some form of commercial lodging with either a lease or receipts to show that you are paying to stay somewhere to receive the full per diem of $79.20/day. However, most of the hotel rates are more expensive and will eat all of your per diem or cost you some out of pocket. Staying in the FAA approved lodging (if you can find an opening) will save at least half of your per diem and you actually will end up making $$ off of it.

-The total per diem is $79.20/day, it doesn't matter how you choose to spend it, but that is all you're gonna get.

-If you go home during your time at the Academy (on a weekend for example) you still get the $79.20 for those days, but they only pay for your travel when you come to OKC initially and again when you're done and going back home/facility. So, you can go as often as you choose, but they won't pay for your travel when you do.

-If you go home during your time at the Academy (on a weekend for example) you still get the $79.20 for those days, but they only pay for your travel when you come to OKC initially and again when you're done and going back home/facility. So, you can go as often as you choose, but they won't pay for your travel when you do.

Thanks csmith. Quick question, I will be a candidate for terminal, but plan on flying home at least three times/month because of my wife, house, etc. Do you know if there is a consistent structure for daily class dismissal times? Or does this depend on the particular level of the class or student? This information would help out planning departure flight times home.

Thanks to all.

Thanks csmith. Quick question, I will be a candidate for terminal, but plan on flying home at least three times/month because of my wife, house, etc. Do you know if there is a consistent structure for daily class dismissal times? Or does this depend on the particular level of the class or student? This information would help out planning departure flight times home.

Thanks to all.
:yeahthat:

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate as to the average class size for Basics and then En Route/Terminal/TRACON classes?

Thanks to all.

The basics class changes shifts every week. One week we are 0700-1530 and the next we go 1530-0000 and so on. We usually get out about 15 minutes before the scheduled end time. I'm not sure about Level 2 yet. I hear that tentatively our class will go about 2 weeks before changing shifts, but nothing is set in stone for my Level 2 yet.

I've checked the FAA Academy site but haven't found what the dress code is. I recall on another thread about the requirement of having your shirt tail tucked in but do we need to wear a tie? Does a Polo shirt meet code?

I've checked the FAA Academy site but haven't found what the dress code is. I recall on another thread about the requirement of having your shirt tail tucked in but do we need to wear a tie? Does a Polo shirt meet code?

Along with the dress code....what about facial hair?

Docker type pants, collared shirt and professional type shoes IE no sneakers (clown shoes if you're a clown).

On another note, the IRS has raised mileage rates for the rest of the year from 50.5 cents to 58.5 cents per mile. Helpful when you are turning in your M & IE.

Docker type pants, collared shirt and professional type shoes IE no sneakers (clown shoes if you're a clown).

On another note, the IRS has raised mileage rates for the rest of the year from 50.5 cents to 58.5 cents per mile. Helpful when you are turning in your M & IE.

Sweet! Always nice when we can get a few more pennies from our employers!!

Okay quick Q about travel expenses. I realize the FAA pays for gas/airline ticket - whichever is cheaper. But how do they decipher that? Well, I don't really care how they do...but really when do we find out? At the PEPC? Are they going to need gas or airline ticket reciepts? The reason I am asking is bc I am prolly just going to get a standby ticket and it will cost me like maybe $40 roundtrip....and then bank on the rest of the money...unless they screw me over and only wanna give me the $40 for the standby ticket.

Okay quick Q about travel expenses. I realize the FAA pays for gas/airline ticket - whichever is cheaper. But how do they decipher that? Well, I don't really care how they do...but really when do we find out? At the PEPC? Are they going to need gas or airline ticket reciepts I before E? The reason I am asking is bc I am prolly just going to get a standby ticket and it will cost me like maybe $40 roundtrip....and then bank on the rest of the money...unless they screw me over and only wanna give me the $40 for the standby ticket.

Nice try, but they require receipts.

Okay quick Q about travel expenses. I realize the FAA pays for gas/airline ticket - whichever is cheaper. But how do they decipher that? Well, I don't really care how they do...but really when do we find out? At the PEPC? Are they going to need gas or airline ticket reciepts? The reason I am asking is bc I am prolly just going to get a standby ticket and it will cost me like maybe $40 roundtrip....and then bank on the rest of the money...unless they screw me over and only wanna give me the $40 for the standby ticket.

Just to clarify. The FAA does NOT reimburse travel or lodging expenses for the PEPC. Only for your travel to and from OKC for training. You actually will probably not need your receipts for your travel to OKC, but I hung on to mine just in case something came up....you never know. The Travel Office will have already checked on how far it is from your home to OKC and will have already done the cost comparison between driving and flying by the time you go to get your first per diem/travel $$.

If it is cheaper for you to fly, how do you get around town? Do they want the per diem to go to a rental car?

Assuming I make it to OKC (going to PEPC in NYC), I was hoping to room with a friend who lives there. There's no telling how that will go down with all that I hear about "approved housing" and all the other specifics of housing.

Back