OKC paycheck

I'm hoping for an July or August start date. Should be getting my academy date soon.

I'm not much for Madden anymore. I'm a Guitar Hero, COD4, GTAIV kinda guy right now. Subject to change as always though. I have Madden 07, just don't play it much.

Dude-that's hilarious! Not a horrible idea-when will you be out there? If there is severe weather you can crash with me. If you play Madden maybe we can start a group to play some football.

Oh, if you guys are playing madden. Count me in. That is what i'm talking about.

Not to be a Nazi, but the division of 4wks/month is slightly skewed.
52 weeks * 40hrs/week = 2080 work hours/yr

SALARY
Base Salary: $19,293 annually (includes 13.18% locality) / 2080hrs = $9.28/hr.
$9.28 * 8hrs * 10days * 80% = $593.92 bi-weekly salary

PER DIEM
Daily: $79.20
$79.20 * 15days = $1,188.00 bi-weekly per diem

COMBINED
bi-weekly = $593.92 + 1,188.00 = $1,781.92 bi-weekly
monthly = $1,781.92 * 2 = $3,563.84 NET monthly

Also, is the per diem paid when you're in OKC, or just while you're at the academy (5/6 days/wk)?

EDIT

That's if it's considered hourly pay. If it's actual salary, then it'd be

SALARY
Base Salary: $19,293 annually (includes 13.18% locality) / 26 bi-week paychecks * 80% = $593.63/Bi-wk
COMBINED
bi-weekly = $593.63 + 1,188.00 = $1,781.63 bi-weekly
$1,781.63 * 2 = $3,563.26 NET monthly

>>>Please don't take this as being an ###, I'm just numerically anal in general :D

Hah, my hats off to you my good man, you sir are correct. :) Totally forgot about the 2080 work hours in a year which is more accurate. Funny because this just came to my attention at work today for something I needed completed.

ERAM is affecting all centers. CPC's gotta learn the system before trainees do.

And I thought of a great idea that I'm going to do. I"m staying at a campground for the majority of the schooling. Depending on my actual school dates. One week's per diem will pay for all the supplies I need. I'm getting a big tent and a decent TV. I've got a laptop and an Xbox360 so I'll be good to go. Money money money!! (In my pocket!)

JT ATC,
Be very careful with choosing campgrounds. I'm in OKC now, and there is a fellow student who has an RV and will be staying on a campground. Right now they are telling him they will only pay hook-up fees and probably the reduced rate (49) a day. He should get a final answer on Monday on what will be approved. But before you decide to take that route ensure you have asked the travel department how campgrounds are handled.

Okay nathanw since you have answers.....don't be scared....if you are driving, how is the traffic there. I have found some reasonable places but they are about 15 minutes away and that mostly requires highway driving. What are your thoughts?

Driving is not bad at all. Remember this is OKC, not NY or ATL.

Halo-3-Senior-Sergeant-1169.jpg

Driving is not bad at all. Remember this is OKC, not NY or ATL.

and I read on the academy website there's a bus that stops at the common housing locations to pick trainees up, then if you're late because thebus is late it's not your fault.

though, ice storms can get uuugly down there.

in any event you can carpool with me, I'll have my jeep and I'm from CO, none of this is new :yup:

Do you get to keep the entire 79 and change if you find a place that is cheaper? I know they break down a certain amount for food (at least when I have traveled there since the Academy), but if you find a place for $38 a day do they still give you the full amount?

Do you get to keep the entire 79 and change if you find a place that is cheaper? I know they break down a certain amount for food (at least when I have traveled there since the Academy), but if you find a place for $38 a day do they still give you the full amount?

Yes, as long as you can show that you are paying for housing (i.e. have a receipt or a lease that shows the dates you moved in and that you have paid for the dates you have been there so far), then you will get the full $79.20 per day. You can turn that in to the Travel Office as often as every 15 days. It really does make for some nice non-taxed $$, especially when you're paying to live in OKC as well as paying the bills back home.

I know it has been posted numerous times, but could someone please post the Academy link again...I'm too lazy/tired to look it up.

Does anyone know if your able to bring spouses or family members to faa approved housing, and still be covered by the reimbursment pay?

I would honestly leave them at home. For one reason ALL of your energy and focus needs to be directed towards your studies. ALL. For second, they will only pay you. Having extra mouths to feed, unless spouse has a job there, could get super sticky. I have a dog and am leaving him at home, just because of the stress and he is neurotic already, its probably better for him. (not for me cuz i'll go crazy not having a dog to run or just have around). sounds ridiculous i know, but I would in all seriousness do what you can to be down there on your own so your studies can have your FULL attention.

Then again...lets take both sides into consideration. Lets assume your wife only works part time, and you have children. Seeing as the FAA doesnt pay you enough to pay for both living expenses at home, as well as at the academy, not matter how lean you may be living....you may need to bring your family. That is my situation, and that is how things will work. If you are earning an income from the FAA and the majority of it goes to support your family...you do what you have to do to get by. Those commenting on living separately, both financially and emotionally, have probably not done so in the past or do not have children. Being as I am prior service, I choose not to go through that nightmare again.

Then again...lets take both sides into consideration. Lets assume your wife only works part time, and you have children. Seeing as the FAA doesnt pay you enough to pay for both living expenses at home, as well as at the academy, not matter how lean you may be living....you may need to bring your family. That is my situation, and that is how things will work. If you are earning an income from the FAA and the majority of it goes to support your family...you do what you have to do to get by. Those commenting on living separately, both financially and emotionally, have probably not done so in the past or do not have children. Being as I am prior service, I choose not to go through that nightmare again.

:yeahthat:

I have read where other people have found the schedule of class dates for OKC, i was wandering if anyone knew where to find this information.:confused:

Back