OKC paycheck

How much is a paycheck each month total (Per diem and salary)? I know its not much but just want to plan it out. Thanks in advance!!
vic

How much is a paycheck each month total (Per diem and salary)? I know its not much but just want to plan it out. Thanks in advance!!
vic

Per diem is $79.20 for every day that you are in OKC. It is done through the Travel Office at the MMAC and is direct deposited, but separately than your regular pay. It is non-taxable due to the fact that it is officially reimbursement for expenses you incurred to live while in training. The regular pay is your base pay + locality and is officially paid by your assigned facility. Payday is every other Tuesday.

It seems as though all the FAA Approved housing is taken and the waiting lists are tremendously long. Is it true that you do not get the same amount of per diem if you cannot stay in FAA Approved housing. It's not our fault that we cannot.

It seems as though all the FAA Approved housing is taken and the waiting lists are tremendously long. Is it true that you do not get the same amount of per diem if you cannot stay in FAA Approved housing. It's not our fault that we cannot.
It doesn't matter where you stay as long as it's commercial (no private residences) and you get a receipt.

Okay nathanw since you have answers.....don't be scared....if you are driving, how is the traffic there. I have found some reasonable places but they are about 15 minutes away and that mostly requires highway driving. What are your thoughts?

Okay nathanw since you have answers.....don't be scared....if you are driving, how is the traffic there. I have found some reasonable places but they are about 15 minutes away and that mostly requires highway driving. What are your thoughts?

Lol I have no idea. I'm just repeating what I've read here on the forums. I'm still waiting to go (see my signature below) ;)

My question is why do they pay you more during your OKC training then you'll receive once you get to your facility? :cwm27:

My question is why do they pay you more during your OKC training then you'll receive once you get to your facility? :cwm27:
Well it's not technically "pay". It's an allowance, and you're gonna spend most of it on accommodations and food. Be glad you're getting the per diem... it's a recent addition. Before then it was just FG1 pay.

Well it's not technically "pay". It's an allowance, and you're gonna spend most of it on accommodations and food. Be glad you're getting the per diem... it's a recent addition. Before then it was just FG1 pay.

Hah, yeah I know, I'm never one to complain when people send money my way.

Hey all-this has been touched on but still unclear to me. I'm hoping some of you folks in OKC can answer this. What is required to get the FULL per diem? FAA housing is full, I'm coming July 14th and found a guy who says he's rented to 5 students before, they live in a room in his huge house and he said he got them receipts for per diem. Are any of you folks doing something similar? Maybe someone in your class is. Just wondered-I'd love the extra per diem to fly home every other weekend.

So let me get this right...The salary is roughly 19k, plus per diem. So, basically, you are getting $730 every two weeks for your paycheck, then $1108 every two weeks for per diem...for a grand total of $4432 per month? Am I correct, or way off base? Now I realize locality will be different for everyone, but is 19k an acceptable average? I have seen the question many times on this site, but it has never been given a solid answer as far as I can tell. And, this is a government job, so I think the morality of salary discussion is not really put into question as we will all be in a pretty close ballpark of one another.

So let me get this right...The salary is roughly 19k, plus per diem. So, basically, you are getting $730 every two weeks for your paycheck, then $1108 every two weeks for per diem...for a grand total of $4432 per month? Am I correct, or way off base? Now I realize locality will be different for everyone, but is 19k an acceptable average? I have seen the question many times on this site, but it has never been given a solid answer as far as I can tell. And, this is a government job, so I think the morality of salary discussion is not really put into question as we will all be in a pretty close ballpark of one another.

I am very curious on this too if somebody can shed some light on this that knows. I am just trying to get an idea because I will be paying for living expenses in OKC and still need to pay a mortgage and bills back home in Denver.

Your math confuses me... (1108x2)+(730x2) = 3676 Where did you get 4432?

From what I've calculated, after 20% tax on the base salary and tax-free per diem, monthly salary total will be $3662.20.

SALARY
Base Salary: $19293 annually (includes 13.18% locality) / 12mo. / 4wks. / 40hrs. = $10.05/hr.
$10.05*8hrs*10days*80% = $643.10 bi-weekly salary

PER DIEM
Daily: $79.20
$79.20*15days = $1188.00 bi-weekly per diem

COMBINED
bi-weekly = $643.10 + 1188.00 = $1831.10 bi-weekly
monthly = $1831.10 x 2 = $3662.20 monthly

You will get FG1 pay ($17,046/yr or $1420.50/mo) plus your destination facility's locality (13.18% for non-major cities brings it up to $1607.72 BEFORE Taxes. Less 20% for taxes gives you 1286.18/month Base pay.

Then you get $79.20/day per diem, or $2376/mo give or take a day. Remove the minimum-priced FAA approved housing of about $30 a day and you'll be taking in $1476/month per diem (find a roommate and split that $900/month housing cost!)

Grand total per month after housing: $1286 + $1476 = $2762/month.

You will get FG1 pay ($17,046/yr or $1420.50/mo) plus your destination facility's locality (13.18% for non-major cities brings it up to $1607.72 BEFORE Taxes. Less 20% for taxes gives you 1286.18/month Base pay.

Then you get $79.20/day per diem, or $2376/mo give or take a day. Remove the minimum-priced FAA approved housing of about $30 a day and you'll be taking in $1476/month per diem (find a roommate and split that $900/month housing cost!)

Grand total per month after housing: $1286 + $1476 = $2762/month.

Please nobody correct me on my usage of "$/day per diem" (redundant) or "$/month per diem" (oxymoron)... :drool:

Back