Oh JetBlue XII - pins gone wild

No. Vast difference. This is your sexual orientation, and our inflight ranks have a lot of people that associate with that personal issue.

BLM is a *political* issue. Nothing to do with your body. A Palestine flag pin (or an Israeli one for that matter) are political references ever since Oct 7. Both of these are making political statements in front of paying passengers.

It doesn't even compare.

BLM is only a political issue to those that make it political…

Come on. It is literally a political organization. Activists.

They define themselves as a, quote, "political and social movement."

You think gay rights and those organizations are any different? Please enlighten me on the differences between gay rights organizations and BLM.

I think it absolutely is a political activism organization. I make no judgment on the righteousness of their claims, But I think if you allow those pins, you'd have to allow MAGA pins, and who wants to see that?

I for one would do away with pins. But I also don't throw a bunch of stickers on my bags, or weird tags, etc. so I am not in that camp of pins and stickers. But I also don't really care enough to get outraged at anyone's pins, whether I agree with their position or message, or not.

I for one would do away with pins. But I also don't throw a bunch of stickers on my bags, or weird tags, etc. so I am not in that camp of pins and stickers. But I also don't really care enough to get outraged at anyone's pins, whether I agree with their position or message, or not.
Neither do I, but I am not a paying customer.

I can see some corporate pilots doing something like this rather admit that they made a mistake.
Me too, because I was there. Let's just say a G-V full of fuel is an issue if it's not going flying, and this one was not going flying. If you're a pilot that flies an airplane that requires gear pins treat the attached "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" flags like you would your underwear, one lap around the pattern and they're tattered. It's just another physical piece of evidence that can either save your ass or be used against you.

Me too, because I was there. Let's just say a G-V full of fuel is an issue if it's not going flying, and this one was not going flying. If you're a pilot that flies an airplane that requires gear pins treat the attached "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" flags like you would your underwear, one lap around the pattern and they're tattered. It's just another physical piece of evidence that can either save your ass or be used against you.

I know of a crew that took off with the pitot covers on, made a return, removed them, and took off again. Just foolish stuff.

.and before the commies get in the chat talking...you guys really never have to remover covers. That responsibility was removed from you a long time ago.

I know of a crew that took off with the pitot covers on, made a return, removed them, and took off again. Just foolish stuff.

.and before the commies get in the chat talking...you guys really never have to remover covers. That responsibility was removed from you a long time ago.
I once saw a guy in a Citation try to start engines with plastic inlet covers still installed. Poor engines, they were just doing what they were told. The one engine "kind of" started and then the pilot noticed me jumping around like a lunatic right outside of his windshield and stopped for a moment. Then he got out, removed the covers, tossed them in the baggage and continued on, I used to think he was actually mad at me but with maturity I realized he was probably just very embarrassed. He was flying it single pilot with a very attractive young lady wearing a obscenely short skirt in the right seat.

I once saw a guy in a Citation try to start engines with plastic inlet covers still installed. Poor engines, they were just doing what they were told. The one engine "kind of" started and then the pilot noticed me jumping around like a lunatic right outside of his windshield and stopped for a moment. Then he got out, removed the covers, tossed them in the baggage and continued on, I used to think he was actually mad at me but with maturity I realized he was probably just very embarrassed. He was flying it single pilot with a very attractive young lady wearing a obscenely short skirt in the right seat.

poor guy just needed to get up to cruise......

Nope, not a word. They control the beverage cart and I might want something from the beverage cart.

So?

You’re saying you wouldn’t speak up because you fear being mistreated from a snack/beverage issue?

Yeah - I’m getting the drinks (closed) that I want. AND. They are not wearing a Nazi pin on my flight.

I love how you think a Nazi pin, and a BLM pin are the same thing...

They’re not. Which is why I wouldn’t allow a Nazi pin (virtual shop would back me). But a BLM pin? Virtual shop would throw you under the bus.

So have at it. But BLM is still a political organization.

and before the commies get in the chat talking...you guys really never have to remover covers. That responsibility was removed from you a long time ago.

We have procedure (after procedure) to ensure we don't take off with the pitot covers still on, because way too frequently the rampers forget to remove them (and we have no way of knowing).

Back