Oh JetBlue XII - pins gone wild

I also would probably never notice these things. Half the time, at the hotel lobby, I think our gals and guys (and they's) are AA or some other airline because they have so many random costumes and scarves they can wear. And then we get into the same van and I say sorry

Yup.....doesn't matter nor would I notice. People look hard enough and they will find something to complain about.....

What about the so called "Freedom Fliers". They indicate membership in this antivax group with a pair of cheesy American flag colored wings that FAs (and some pilots) wear beneath their actual wings or as a tie tac. Is that professional?

This is one of the double standards in personal expression. Say you’re wearing the pin to support the second amendment, okay cool. Yet, someone wearing an Ukraine, BLM, orange ribbon against gun violence or any other movement that the conservatives considers liberal is dismissed as woke virtue signaling.

I finally ditched mine. When my feed became 90% random people who aren't famous who I don't know, "LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU DRANK OUT OF THE GARDEN HOSE AND SURVIVED" type posts, and AI generated pictures of trees that looked vaguely like Jesus I decided I'd had enough.

It's also mostly scams too. I like to follow some flight sim sites where people are selling gear, and I'd say that more than half of the postings are scams. Between that and people posting malicious links in comments to trick you into clicking on them, it's becoming ... Craigslist. If it weren't the only way I have to stay connected with many friends/family, I'd drop it too.

It's also mostly scams too. I like to follow some flight sim sites where people are selling gear, and I'd say that more than half of the postings are scams. Between that and people posting malicious links in comments to trick you into clicking on them, it's becoming ... Craigslist. If it weren't the only way I have to stay connected with many friends/family, I'd drop it too.
I keep messenger around, but I hate how the only thing you have to do to reactivate your facebook is to log in again. I've blindly gotten bored and done it and had to go through the whole song and dance to deactivate it again. Meta basically ruined instagram too. I don't think I even see posts from pages or people I follow on my home page anymore. And the suggested posts are for some reason car crash videos and thirst traps.

I'm inclined to agree with Cherokee here, though I fear he might not be as open to such restrictions on pins he supports (hopefully I'm wrong).

To make a right-wing comparison, many Members of Congress/state legislators are wearing AR-15 pins to show their support of gun rights. Now such organizations are different because they're not private employers, but the same litmus test applies - would wearing such a pin cause legitimate distress to those I interact with? Just as a Jewish individual might feel threatened by seeing someone wearing the Palestinian flag on a pin, it's reasonable to think that a person who lost a family member to gun violence might feel the same. Honestly, seeing this pin in light of the officers who were gun downed down the road from me this week by this very weapon in Charlotte agitates me just posting this.

View attachment 77725

JetBlue is in the customer satisfaction business. While some pax might feel "heard" seeing such a pin, others might feel distressed. Not wearing such a pin would cause neither, and restore the status quo - a pax that doesn't think about it at all who can be pleased/displeased by the service onboard.

Absolutely not. I wouldn’t wear a Sbarro pin if they made one. Guns, MAGA, Trump? Keep it for the home. Not for work.

Passengers are paying customers who make our paychecks happen. They don’t deserve this.

Absolutely not. I wouldn’t wear a Sbarro pin if they made one. Guns, MAGA, Trump? Keep it for the home. Not for work.

Passengers are paying customers who make our paychecks happen. They don’t deserve this.

What's the company's uniform policy? Why would I care if the company does not?

The title made me think someone had taken off with gear pins installed
Please don't do that (take off with the gear pins installed), especially when you take off on a revenue flight with pax on board, RTB, land, stop on the taxiway, jump out, pull the gear pins, jump back in, taxi back to the ramp, jump out, reinstall the gear pins and claim the airplane is broken. The FAA will get involved and they'll want to spend an inordinate amount of time with the airplane and MX to figure out what happened, and that might take a couple of days. Or just admit that you made a mistake. Honest mistakes are not encouraged, but they are forgivable, trying to cover it up is a cardinal sin. This is all based on a true story that I was involved in (there's video of the taxiway portion).

MAN WHO HAS OPINION ABOUT (checks notes) EVERYTHING HAS OPINIONS ABOUT STUFF WHICH LITERALLY HAS NO BEARING ON HIS LIFE

more news at 11

Wait til it happens on your flight.

And my opinions on JC are not forced on paying customers. Although if you did pay, you can seek a refund from Derg.

Please leave me a 5 star review! Anything less than 5 stars means I failed! :)

• Haha
Reactions: JEP
Please don't do that (take off with the gear pins installed), especially when you take off on a revenue flight with pax on board, RTB, land, stop on the taxiway, jump out, pull the gear pins, jump back in, taxi back to the ramp, jump out, reinstall the gear pins and claim the airplane is broken. The FAA will get involved and they'll want to spend an inordinate amount of time with the airplane and MX to figure out what happened, and that might take a couple of days. Or just admit that you made a mistake. Honest mistakes are not encouraged, but they are forgivable, trying to cover it up is a cardinal sin. This is all based on a true story that I was involved in (there's video of the taxiway portion).

I can see some corporate pilots doing something like this rather admit that they made a mistake.

Let’s put it this way. You see a FA with a Nazi pin. You gonna speak up?

At some point, you’d say hey man - that’s just messed up to be wearing at work. Or anywhere for that matter if it’s a Nazi pin. But to each their own, do what you want inside your own home.

But at work? Leave your political and social baggage at home!

We see pilots with MAGA stickers and BS “freedom fliers” with their garbage swag, what’s the difference?

Is it unethical to be homosexual and wear a rainbow flag pin?

No. Vast difference. This is your sexual orientation, and our inflight ranks have a lot of people that associate with that personal issue.

BLM is a *political* issue. Nothing to do with your body. A Palestine flag pin (or an Israeli one for that matter) are political references ever since Oct 7. Both of these are making political statements in front of paying passengers.

It doesn't even compare.

Back