Oh Delta LXXII

I'm biased against crappy, unreliable sources of news.

It is absolutely stupid to use a source that is unreliable and untrustworthy, even if they are correct some times. Using that source requires you to double check that their source is legitimate, which is a complete waste of time. And just because they use a legitimate source for information in their story does not guarantee that they didn't change it, either.

I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out if DM is providing good information or not.

If anyone wants me, or anyone, to click a link in their post, they should use a trustworthy source.

Crap sources like DM will continue to be called out as sucky and unreliable, primarily so that other readers will be aware.
Are the sources that I posted reliable enough? You seem the think the story is fake or doctored.

Are the sources that I posted reliable enough?
I haven’t looked at them. Got other things to do right now. If you’re truly interested, though, I tend to use a site called Media Bias/Fact Check. Personally I don’t put down sources for their biases, I slam them for poor Factual Reporting rating. Here is what Daily Mail’s looks like:

IMG_0329.jpeg

Are the sources that I posted reliable enough? You seem the think the story is fake or doctored.
You added the last sentence after I quoted you.

I do not have any opinion on that particular story, and I have not posted an opinion on that particular news story. You’re reading things that aren’t there.

... I mean I get you don’t like CC but come on lol.

I do need to come back and correct this though. While it’s true that I have negative responses to an estimated 75% of what he writes, I do not dislike @Cherokee_Cruiser. In fact I typically admire how he keeps an even keel, even when he’s on the short end of the stick as is often the case. I suspect if we were to meet in person we might even get along, partially because I think we could both stay away from our hot button topics in that situation. *shrug*

I do need to come back and correct this though. While it’s true that I have negative responses to an estimated 75% of what he writes, I do not dislike @Cherokee_Cruiser. In fact I typically admire how he keeps an even keel, even when he’s on the short end of the stick as is often the case. I suspect if we were to meet in person we might even get along, partially because I think we could both stay away from our hot button topics in that situation. *shrug*
Don’t forget to lol

I'm biased against crappy, unreliable sources of news.

It is absolutely stupid to use a source that is unreliable and untrustworthy, even if they are correct some times. Using that source requires you to double check that their source is legitimate, which is a complete waste of time. And just because they use a legitimate source for information in their story does not guarantee that they didn't change it, either.

I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out if DM is providing good information or not.

If anyone wants me, or anyone, to click a link in their post, they should use a trustworthy source.

Crap sources like DM will continue to be called out as sucky and unreliable, primarily so that other readers will be aware.

Same.

In modern days, a dude with a blog has the same typeface as an established news organization with journalistic integrity.

Too many times bloggers try to create and support a narrative but pay no price when their allegations are absolute claptrap.

Considering I’ve seen some of my coworkers get bent around the axle from “The Onion” and “Babylon Bee” satire, we need a better education about satire versus propaganda versus wishful thinking versus, well, reality.

Same.

In modern days, a dude with a blog has the same typeface as an established news organization with journalistic integrity.

Too many times bloggers try to create and support a narrative but pay no price when their allegations are absolute claptrap.

Considering I’ve seen some of my coworkers get bent around the axle from “The Onion” and “Babylon Bee” satire, we need a better education about satire versus propaganda versus wishful thinking versus, well, reality.

A healthy dose of critical thinking is always a good side dish.

Another example of me liking DM, and not trolling.

In Texas, a SWAT team ripped the door off a semi in order to arrest the driver. They used the special armored battering car.

Local KSAT news, has just one video, no pics:

But DM? Tons of pics and videos. An article like that? You bet I wanna see pics!!!

Another example of me liking DM, and not trolling.

In Texas, a SWAT team ripped the door off a semi in order to arrest the driver. They used the special armored battering car.

Local KSAT news, has just one video, no pics:

But DM? Tons of pics and videos. An article like that? You bet I wanna see pics!!!

I'm sad that you think "lots of pics!!!" trumps poor factual reporting.

IMG_0329.jpeg

:(

Back