Oh Alaska(n)

This is one good thing we have in our contract at Spirit. Once you’re assigned a trip, you’re treated like a line holder. They can reschedule you, but we get paid extra, depending on what they give us. I got 5 hours over guarantee because I was reassigned into a redeye.
Makes me wonder if anyone on our NC has ever met a Spirit pilot (or a Delta pilot, or a United pilot, or a SWA pilot)

Makes me wonder if anyone on our NC has ever met a Spirit pilot (or a Delta pilot, or a United pilot, or a SWA pilot)

ALPA has something called Collective Bargaining Conferences. All (or many) of the negotiating committees meet up (virtually as of late) and give briefings as to what is happening on their properties. We just had one yesterday. The one interesting fact I can share is that about 75% of all ALPA members are in contract negotiations right now.

ALPA has something called Collective Bargaining Conferences. All (or many) of the negotiating committees meet up (virtually as of late) and give briefings as to what is happening on their properties. We just had one yesterday. The one interesting fact I can share is that about 75% of all ALPA members are in contract negotiations right now.
Add in APA and thats a huge junk of the industry. No one wants to go first?

No one said it’s good. What airline you at? I would think that most airlines, a reserve pilot schedule is subject to change.

Say you have a 5-day stretch of reserve. You get a 2-day from your base in LA to Chicago and then tomorrow DH back to LA. You mean to tell me once you land in Chicago, the company can no longer reach out to you and change your schedule then next day? And they have to leave your DH on? Even if you have 4 more days of reserve?

Once you set the brake in ORD, you’d no longer be required to be contactable because you’re entering a dhd only duty period. As long as you weren’t dumb enough to show up to the gate prior to your report, you’re locked into your dhd back to lax.

If they rerouted you on your way to ORD, you could, at most, be rerouted into an additional day of flying. Which, dependent on the timing of the reroute, you could be due 200% pay for day 2 and 3 of the reserve rotation

I worked at a largely domestic airline based in the American southeast.

Once you set the brake in ORD, you’d no longer be required to be contactable because you’re entering a dhd only duty period. As long as you weren’t dumb enough to show up to the gate prior to your report, you’re locked into your dhd back to lax.

If they rerouted you on your way to ORD, you could, at most, be rerouted into an additional day of flying. Which, dependent on the timing of the reroute, you could be due 200% pay for day 2 and 3 of the reserve rotation

I worked at a largely domestic airline based in the American southeast.

Ok, yes in same scenario you are responsible for showing up to original schedule time DH. It is at this point a company agent would tell you to see about a schedule change and then you’d find your new schedule.

I agree we need many positive changes in our work rules.

I really enjoy living in the Couve. Lots of fun stuff, and when you need to buy a TV, you just go across the river.
My wife grandparents live in Vancouver and we have to real good friends who just moved from BTG to Woodland. We go down to visit fairly often. I could see how a turncoat Alaskan might like it ;).

Last edited:
How do 51 people submit a ballot with no selection? How is that even possible. If they logged in, it should have forced them to select "yes" or "no."

Wow, impressive. What happens next?
Nuthin, it’s just a step in the process.

EDIT: I went back and looked. From when my group got results back from the strike vote to when we had a TA to vote on was about 13 months. Contract took effect several months after that, 15 months roughly from strike vote to Fat, Dumb, and….uh….

Last edited:
Latest bid results are out, new hires are going to all bases and fleets (except ANC):

Junior Captains

SEA 737 CA - 11/2017

SFO 737 CA - 10/2018

SFO 320 CA - 10/2008

PDX 737 CA - 01/2017

LAX 737 CA - 03/2017

LAX 320 CA - 01/2012

ANC 737 CA - 10/2016

Latest bid results are out, new hires are going to all bases and fleets (except ANC):

Junior Captains

SEA 737 CA - 11/2017

SFO 737 CA - 10/2018

SFO 320 CA - 10/2008

PDX 737 CA - 01/2017

LAX 737 CA - 03/2017

LAX 320 CA - 01/2012

ANC 737 CA - 10/2016

Which one did you get?

He's already in his preferred base and seat. But not preferred airline.:biggrin:
8679942D-CA9F-4062-A4C9-AAB7296B4C9A.gif

We’ve been waiting to help him get to his dream Air Line !!!!!!!

The A320 CAs are that “senior” because they are displacing out of them and that represents the DOH of the plug that’s left so far. The next bid will entirely close out the remaining ~50 crews at SFO Airbus. And next year will close out the remaining Airbus LA crews.

Back