Official Round Table Thread (sign-up)

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
We are pleased to announce the first (and hopefully last) "It's The End Of The World As We Know It... And We're Going To Be Fine" themed round table session during NJC2008. Topics will relate to ways to keep on trucking during the current industry downturn we are facing. The format will be short "mini lectures" given by informed professionals, followed by a moderated question and answer and discussion session about that topic. If there is interest on a particular subject there is the potential to work in a small focus group (with the featured speaker) at a later time.

Currently planned topics of discussion (and I apologize in advance if I mention somebody's name and they didn't know they were going to be speaking).

Dr. Forred - Stress Management and Staying Healthy

FlyChicaga - getting involved in furthering pilot training

Seggy - helping move your pilot group forward

Polar - the world of international freight

Qgar - good communication among the crew (and having fun on a trip)

KLB - 135 freight

I would like to have one 135/Corporate guy talk about that side of things but as of yet I don't know of any that are coming. If not we may have a segment on something else.

So, if you are planning on attending the round table (which I THINK is at 10am on Monday morning) please respond here with your current level of flying and flight time.

Re: Official Round Table Thread

I would like to have one 135/Corporate guy talk about that side of things but as of yet I don't know of any that are coming. If not we may have a segment on something else.

So, if you are planning on attending the round table (which I THINK is at 10am on Monday morning) please respond here with your current level of flying and flight time.

I'll be there.
135 Freight

Experience is in my signature.

Works for me. Your in. Plan to talk for about 5 minutes and then questions are fair game. Thanks.

If we keep it to 2 hrs, each person can use 20 minutes of time...5-10 to talk, 10-15 to answer questions.

Qgar - good communication among the crew (and having fun on a trip)

Then you don't want to fly with her!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :panic::panic::panic:

I crack myself up! :hiya::hiya::hiya:

Mark, you my dear, are sooooo gonna get it when I see you next....

Works for me. Your in. Plan to talk for about 5 minutes and then questions are fair game. Thanks.

Alrighty then! I guess I'll have to cut my thesis on freight flying down a bit.:sarcasm:

I can be there as a support/chime in on question capacity. Looks like everything else is pretty much covered.

I was thinking of doing a segment on "fun computer/console games to play while wondering if you will hold on to your seat/job". You were my go to guy for that if it happened. :)

I was thinking of doing a segment on "fun computer/console games to play while wondering if you will hold on to your seat/job". You were my go to guy for that if it happened. :)

Or 101 ways to keep from losing your mind while on reserve with no end in sight? :)

Oh we gotta have a discussion on scope! I dunno if i'll make it though b/c of jet school:mad:

you'd have to be a dream team with jtrain Steve! :D

Heh, every time John and I flew together, we'd come back with an "OMG! We nearly DIED!" story. Even when it was just in the pattern at GKY to get him back current in a Seminole (and that flight including us giving progressive taxi instructions to a lost ATP guy while on downwind). I can't imagine what issues we'd have in a CRJ or an ERJ if we flew together. :)

Heh, every time John and I flew together, we'd come back with an "OMG! We nearly DIED!" story. Even when it was just in the pattern at GKY to get him back current in a Seminole (and that flight including us giving progressive taxi instructions to a lost ATP guy while on downwind). I can't imagine what issues we'd have in a CRJ or an ERJ if we flew together. :)

Thats because Jtrain is just bad luck. Heck even when I flew him (back in my chieftan days) we had to return to Burbank because of what we thought of was a lost turbocharger when it actually was a leaking manifold and swap airplanes. In that same day, one of the courriers called back up to Burbank and told them that told them and I quote "to get their own damn stuff out of the plane". I never said it. But when you fly with Jtrain, that's what people seem to recall you saying.:)

I think we're moving the roundtable session to Tuesday morning since the crew doesn't need the AV equipment. That way, we can use the AV equipment for some of the other events.

Back