Official Round Table Thread (sign-up)

Re: Official Round Table Thread

I'm in, but i'm just to listen. Dont have much experience, unless we're talking about restaurant management hahaha.

Do we have any ATC'ers showing up? That would be awesome for us ATC people!

so... even though you don't have much experience... are you saying you won't have any questions to add?

so... even though you don't have much experience... are you saying you won't have any questions to add?

Haha i guess that doesnt sound right huh? No i'll probably have a ton of questions to add to. I should rescind that last post....:crazy:

ok, just making sure cuz the whole point of the roundtable thread is to give everyone opportunity to ask specific questions in regards to specific career tracks.

I'm in. 800hours, and DEFINITELY still in the "entry-level" world.

Oh and since you said "think" is Monday, 10am still the official time?

No...if it moves to monday, the time may change to accommodate the ATC tour. *everything* is still prelim, subject to change. Only the ATC tour, Guest Speaker, hoover dam tour and hiking are *set in stone*.

OK. I should know how this all works by now, right? With 2 NJC's under my belt?

I'd like to ask questions/listen. So I guess I'll be there too. :)

I have very little flight experience but I rock at flying in economy class on super OMG way too long flights.

ok, Doug and I talked and decided to keep the Roundtable on Tuesday. You'll have the entire room all day long to break up into focus groups or what not.

We think more time should be allotted for the speakers to talk. Doug thinks Walt will want more than just 10 minutes to discuss health related topics. Maybe we should change it to 20-30 minutes of talk, 10-15 minutes of QA?? or just keep it open and spontaneous as to when discussions start/end.

Question is: When do you want to start? 9AM, 10AM...earlier, later??

Yeah now that there's no recruiting event before the main event Doug can let loose sooner!:D:rawk::crazy:

So there I was all ready to tell the group that I would be there. I got the days off from work so it was clear sailing.....was. I get home tonight to find that I've got JURY DUTY that week. So basically I requested time off to be on a jury...oh well maybe next year.

So there I was all ready to tell the group that I would be there. I got the days off from work so it was clear sailing.....was. I get home tonight to find that I've got JURY DUTY that week. So basically I requested time off to be on a jury...oh well maybe next year.
dude, can't you tell them you need to schedule in advance. . . we can and then they reschedule us in California . . .anyway that sucks

Tell them you're out of the employed out of the country and can't fly home, unless they foot the bill.;) There has to be a loop hole...I'm serious! If the jury duty is actually for the city of Houston, on their website it says you can request a date change for jury duty.

I had a choice of weeks but since I just had to take leave to pick up after Hurricane Ike I don't want to have to use more for this or call in sick. They have to give us Jury Duty off but it comes out of the vacation bank. Anyway, I've been off for a month and dequaled already so I figured I better suck it up and do the jury duty on the off time. My only other choice was the following week and that started a long trip.

Back