Official Round Table Thread (sign-up)

Re: Official Round Table Thread

I think we're moving the roundtable session to Tuesday morning since the crew doesn't need the AV equipment. That way, we can use the AV equipment for some of the other events.
No need for my wireless mic then?

nope, the AV guys will provide! unless you want to do karaoke duets! HAHA ;)

I can't make any promises but I will be there if I can. I'll know in about a week if I have the time off.

somewhere north of 7,000 hours
FAA ATP, HKCAD ATPL
747-400 currently and the rest is in my profile

Excellent. I hope you can make it. In the past the experience level was shaded strongly towards small jet/prop pilots and CFIs. It's looking like this year the average may shift up a bit which would be great.

Inspite of your "disability":

I'll still drink a beer with you if you make it.:yar:

Oh my....BEER. I do believe I have heard of this substance. It is what the mentally challenged drink on this thing called the classic. I could partake in a fine scotch or champagne even but a -400 gentleman can't be seen in his smoking jacket with a BEER. :D

Thought you were over to the -400 soon?

You must be a member of the elite, seeing as you 1) wear a goatee 2) wear loafers (just a guess, but based on the equipment....) 3) wear a fitted smoking jacket 4) swill alcohol so obviously designated for royalty, nobles and other elites. ;)

"Steam gauges", "Hand flying", "sweating in the cockpit", I know these are all things that keep you awake at night, but they are my reality. I surely hope you appreciate lesser creatures like myself keeping these evil machines at bay. ;)

Well, the Jurrassic in our charge is set to meet Roswell towards the end of October.

VP of Ops resigned abruptly, and rumors are abound. So either school in November or lots of OT.

I should have a clue at NJC what's up....

I heart surprises!!!

Howabouts You's two stop fightin' and we'll settle this with a compromise, I'll buy the first round of Crown . . . I (as a lowly turboprop driver) would love to hear what it's like above the storms :panic:

Howabouts You's two stop fightin' and we'll settle this with a compromise, I'll buy the first round of Crown . . . I (as a lowly turboprop driver) would love to hear what it's like above the storms :panic:

Deal...we can take the chance to reminisce. Thems turbopropjobs are some of the most fun you'll have flying. Everything now is a slow, early, long final that is pretty uneventful for the most part. Definitely no short approach abeam the numbers like I used to love in the ATR. I'll find out in about a week if I'll be able to make it.

You must be a member of the elite, seeing as you 1) wear a goatee 2) wear loafers (just a guess, but based on the equipment....) 3) wear a fitted smoking jacket 4) swill alcohol so obviously designated for royalty, nobles and other elites. ;)

"Steam gauges", "Hand flying", "sweating in the cockpit", I know these are all things that keep you awake at night, but they are my reality. I surely hope you appreciate lesser creatures like myself keeping these evil machines at bay. ;)

Well, the Jurrassic in our charge is set to meet Roswell towards the end of October.

VP of Ops resigned abruptly, and rumors are abound. So either school in November or lots of OT.

I should have a clue at NJC what's up....

I heart surprises!!!

Don't forget the white flying gloves, those are a must have item.

I don't see how anyone is keeping their classics going right now. Ours are on an accelerated retirement and have been relegated to regional stuff in Asia now.

Hopefully we'll see ya at the shindig.

Ours are on an accelerated retirement and have been relegated to regional stuff in Asia now.

So is ours....

The other side is doing alot of AMC, so "free" gas helps out there....

ok, i added a poll to complete the sign-up process. Those that already responded are already counted on the registration list.

Please don't forget to put your current level of flying (what you fly) and flight times into the thread.

The roundtable is likely to be on Tuesday

Sorry, forgot to do my flight times. I have no idea what my actual times are (really need to update that logbook), but these are pretty good SWAGs:

TT - 5,000
Jet PIC - 1,500
Jet - 4,500
CL-65 type and DC-9 SIC type

Can one attend the round table merely to listen? I'm not a working pilot but I would find the discussions/information interesting. I'd just like to listen...

Don't forget the white flying gloves, those are a must have item.

I don't see how anyone is keeping their classics going right now. Ours are on an accelerated retirement and have been relegated to regional stuff in Asia now.

Hopefully we'll see ya at the shindig.

Looks like I'm going to have to request you bring certain items to NJC this year:

1) Contact information for your manicurist, pedicurist and the lad that makes your custom loafers in Calcutta.
2) Instructions on proper use and care of custom tailored smoking jacket
3) Ettiquite guidance on adding sprinkles to Cappucino

Regards....

Okay, so what's the official time for this (I'm lazy and don't wanna look through the thread again). It's looking like I'll be solo and will probably have to jet out early. Vacation plans changing and all that. I was able to salvage a couple of days to make it out to Vegas, but not the whole thing. Which means if we do this Tues, I'm probably gonna be gone by then.

Back