Offical PUBNAT 8 is OUT

I took the test on Friday Nov. 20th, and received my results on Tuesday Nov. 24th around 3pm. I thought I did similar to everyone else-I only had issues with 2 or 3 math questions, 60-something, 60-something, 80-something, 60-something on the scenarios section with only 3 or 4 crashed planes. I came out with a 83.8 :-( Ugh... So sad. Perhaps the personality section plays a larger role than theorized? That was the only section I was trying to shoot through b/c I wanted to get out and beat traffic. It seems like everyone suggests they'll ONLY look at applicants who are WQ. Do they not look at the whole package? I'm a returned peace corps volunteer and rated up to MEII and live near PCT which is where I wanted to go. Should I shoot for Alaska? Guam? My parents have a house in Hawaii. Ugh... This blows...

Sorry to hear.

Give it a shot, however, the probability doesnt look anywhere near your favor. They have plenty of WQ applicants to look at, so there really isnt much need to go to the Q applicants. That is unless you have some amazing pull (head admin of FAA possibly). Just be prepared to retake in a year!

Sorry to hear.

Give it a shot, however, the probability doesnt look anywhere near your favor. They have plenty of WQ applicants to look at, so there really isnt much need to go to the Q applicants. That is unless you have some amazing pull (head admin of FAA possibly). Just be prepared to retake in a year!

Not necessarily, we had a guy in our class at the Academy who scored somewhere in the 70s on his test and was successful in OKC, pretty bright guy too. He's at ZAB now.

Not necessarily, we had a guy in our class at the Academy who scored somewhere in the 70s on his test and was successful in OKC, pretty bright guy too. He's at ZAB now.

I'm not doubting it, but that was probably also during the PUBNAT1-2 phase. I heard of people then getting picked up with Q scores, but since they have such a large pool now of WQ, it doesnt happen.

I'm not trying to sound down at all, just trying to be real, so this way he can prepare for another road, instead of expecting something out of this route.

i took the test and scored WQ. the next step is geographic preferences right? if i choose two states, is there a chance a state i didn't choose can select me? thanks!

i took the test and scored WQ. the next step is geographic preferences right? if i choose two states, is there a chance a state i didn't choose can select me? thanks!

If PUBNAT 8 follows the same path as all the others, then, yes, the geo pref email is your next step. There were rumors that they eliminated that step, though, and are only going to use the info you entered into the initial application.

As far as your 2 states, there have been people in previous groups that were chosen for states they didn't select. Often times it ws simply a neighboring state, but some people had also been contacted for hard-to-fill areas (Louisiana, Alaska). Who knows what'll happen now, though, with the current backup

Thanks!

It's been a week and still no scores, but I'm guesssing the holidays are the cause. Hopefully just another day or two!

I took it Nov 20 and got my score on the 23rd at 2:00 pm. Check at the end of the day today or tomorrow and hopefully you have.

Unless something like what happened to the poor St. Charles folks that tested on Nov 3rd. "We had trouble extracting scores from the batch":dunno:

Yeah, it also seems like St Charles got lower scores overall. It's average seemed to be around 85 with many higher and many lower. Most other places with people responding seem to be about a 93 average. I doubt all of the weaker JC people went to St Charles and skewed the JC results.

Yeah, it also seems like St Charles got lower scores overall. It's average seemed to be around 85 with many higher and many lower. Most other places with people responding seem to be about a 93 average. I doubt all of the weaker JC people went to St Charles and skewed the JC results.
Where did you find out the average scores in St Charles? Just curious since I took my test there too.

I took it Nov 20 and got my score on the 23rd at 2:00 pm. Check at the end of the day today or tomorrow and hopefully you have.

Unless something like what happened to the poor St. Charles folks that tested on Nov 3rd. "We had trouble extracting scores from the batch":dunno:

Yeah, I was one of those. Was that really their explanation for the problem: "we had trouble extracting scores?!?!" Oh well. You gotta have patience in this industry.

If PUBNAT 8 follows the same path as all the others, then, yes, the geo pref email is your next step. There were rumors that they eliminated that step, though, and are only going to use the info you entered into the initial application.

PUBNAT 8's instructions specifically said NOT to fill in the Geo Pref info on the initial application, and to select "Throughout the Nation." It also stated that a Geo Pref e-mail would come after testing.

PUBNAT 8's instructions specifically said NOT to fill in the Geo Pref info on the initial application, and to select "Throughout the Nation." It also stated that a Geo Pref e-mail would come after testing.

Dare i say it might be a typo?

The position originally didnt say Trainee either, and they later came in added it, hence the parenthesis.

They might have used the same application while adding the Terminal/En-route option.

And if you say, well i did what they told me, it's their fault, well regardless, it'll be too late. I'd figure, better be safe than sorry.

This coming from someone who on all the other applications did the "throughout the nation." FWIW

Dare i say it might be a typo?

The position originally didnt say Trainee either, and they later came in added it, hence the parenthesis.

They might have used the same application while adding the Terminal/En-route option.

And if you say, well i did what they told me, it's their fault, well regardless, it'll be too late. I'd figure, better be safe than sorry.

This coming from someone who on all the other applications did the "throughout the nation." FWIW

haha, great! now it gets interesting.

I know when I applied for PUBNAT7, the USAJOBS site said to put "Throughout the Nation", but the FAA ASAP site said to list your 10 states, and you didn't have to put "Throughout the Nation" for it.

YMMV, but I really don't think it matters.

We just put "throughout the nation" for the 1st choice, and real prefs for the other 9.

Hedging your bets that is

We just put "throughout the nation" for the 1st choice, and real prefs for the other 9.

Hedging your bets that is

That's what I did. I read ALL the instructions. Since it said to do two things, I did two things.

Then I put my left hand in, and shook it all about.

i'm not sure where it said put down 9 other geographic preferences. this is what the application said;

"After the announcement close date, be sure to log into ASAP to check your status to take the AT-SAT test as well as your test score and continue to check for referral list updates.
Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference...... You will select your preferred duty locations/facilities assignments at a later date through our office, please be patient with the process......"

i'm not sure where it said put down 9 other geographic preferences. this is what the application said;

"After the announcement close date, be sure to log into ASAP to check your status to take the AT-SAT test as well as your test score and continue to check for referral list updates.
Applicants should select "UNITED STATES" & "THROUGHOUT THE NATION" for location preference...... You will select your preferred duty locations/facilities assignments at a later date through our office, please be patient with the process......"

It listed the potential on the original application under "geographical preferences." That application is used with the FAA for other positions as well, and that is filled out for other positions. However, since they added another portion to THIS application about whether you desire EN-ROUTE or TERMINAL, and with the aforementioned riddance of a GEO-PREF email, i figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

Back