NTSB report is out for the Falcon at MYF and it is a doozy

What you are describing is how PRD works, and it still isn't fully implemented. PRIA is 100% based on what YOU provide to the company and it is exactly how the Atlas guy slipped through the cracks. I would know, I have had about 10 jobs in the last 10 years and have been through the process many times. At my latest (hopefully last) job, they started using PRD, but it isn't fully functional.

Ok that’s what I thought. Yes, I disclose to you about my previous airlines and based on that disclosure, you as my new employer know who to send the PRIA requests to.

I’m just gonna leave it hanging out there that the 737 that ditched after a hilariously bad chain of events was 121. That is all.

Ok that’s what I thought. Yes, I disclose to you about my previous airlines and based on that disclosure, you as my new employer know who to send the PRIA requests to.

Still incorrect. The flaw with PRIA is if you don’t tell the new employer you worked at Blue Star Airlines, the new employer will never know about your history at Blue Star Airlines. Unless a savvy recruiter notices the gap in your resume. “Oh, yeah, I was driving for Uber then…” and it may still go unnoticed.

Still incorrect. The flaw with PRIA is if you don’t tell the new employer you worked at Blue Star Airlines, the new employer will never know about your history at Blue Star Airlines. Unless a savvy recruiter notices the gap in your resume. “Oh, yeah, I was driving for Uber then…” and it may still go unnoticed.

Isn’t that saying the same thing I said. I disclose to you and you only know who to send PRIA requests to based on what I told you - on my paperwork. So if I lie and hide something…

It'll turn up during the background check if you don't disclose it. On the other hand, it's super easy to find how pilots try to hide things like that. And when they're found, well, it generally involves corporate security.

It'll turn up during the background check if you don't disclose it. On the other hand, it's super easy to find how pilots try to hide things like that. And when they're found, well, it generally involves corporate security.
I believe the terminology used earlier in the week was “frog-walked.”

Guessing not all operators assign the same level of scrutiny to potential new hires.

There was a hilarious amount of bad advice in that post you’re referring to.
“Oh, you should get some interview prep!”

I don’t see how basic honesty is a preppable issue. It sounds like you’d write a check to $700 to the green people, themselves of dubious utility, to be told…tell the truth? I dunno.

I don’t see how basic honesty is a preppable issue. It sounds like you’d write a check to $700 to the green people, themselves of dubious utility, to be told…tell the truth? I dunno.

Pilots interview bad. Like, real bad. That’s why these prep companies flourish.

Speaking of, since airlines are hiring any pilot with a few hours and a pulse right now; are interview prep service places even needed anymore?

Speaking of, since airlines are hiring any pilot with a few hours and a pulse right now; are interview prep service places even needed anymore?
It depends. I didn’t do any prep for this go around at all. (The only thing I did do was CUT-e, because it’s literally the cognitive- and psychometric tests that are the online assessment.) I don’t think my interview prep the last few times was terribly useful anyway. I’d also spent the last 3 years of my life talking-on-the-damn-phone so despite not being the world’s best people person and terminally introverted, I have at least and finally managed to learn to people.

Said green people actually refused to provide any prep for the intervening “yellow” employer, saying that it was a freebie. A full third, if not slightly more, of the people they interviewed that day got TBNTs, so that does not sound like a freebie to me; nor was the amount of money I made. I’m also the most uptight SOB they ever hired. Go figure.

That said, 1) I don’t have a lot to explain or that requires much polishing beyond my shoes which are somehow always in terrible condition and 2) I have authentic stories that are my own as opposed to ‘appropriated’ or even ‘invented.’

The case of which @derg and I are speaking, above, revolves around a pilot who was dismissed from training at a 121 for unsatisfactory performance in the simulator, but who does not understand that they were, in fact, unsatisfactory, and must report such a thing as a training failure (and a termination). The whole thing darn near gave me an aneurysm, and makes me glad that PRD is finally being a thing.

Back