NoPolitics: Airplanes you like that no one else does

I wonder if surgeons do amateur surgery on their off days.

“I don’t even want a scalpel. Just gimmie a shard of glass and some moonshine like the good ol days.”
Would be interesting to know.

I really do enjoy flying. Actually, now that I’ve not done a whole lot of it recently, I’m looking forward to my exactly 1 4-day this month.

I think, though, I like bells and whistles when I’m hauling Ma and Pa Kettle to Disney World. When I’m not working, I like fewer (almost no) bells and whistles.

ATR’s.

Carrying 65 passengers and a buttload of cargo into a 3700’ runway?

It may be slow and ugly and not like ice very well, but for a good portion of the world it’s a really cheap transporter of stuff.

And you actually get to fly it into some pretty awesome places:

I was really looking forward to the Evektor EV-55 too, but they suspended development in 2017. $$

View attachment 57159

That fuselage looks like a cross between the Do228 and AW609.

The 303 was a nice looking bird. The Death of GA got it in the late 80’s. I just wish it had 300 hp engines. I believe ERAU used them as trainers for awhile. A winning combo if I ever heard one: turbos and training.

bae_146-200_tcm36-3712.jpg

BA146, looks like a baby Antinov

What about the SJ30? The only one I was ever around belonged to Morgan Freeman. Apparently Gods airplane is a light jet with F-18 landing gear.

Cirrus, biased as I owned one.

Almost bought a Beech Duke. Used one for a few business trips and clients (GM/MB/BMW) all made comments they were paying me too much.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back