NoPolitics: Airplanes you like that no one else does

1609823874209.gif

I always thought the Twotter looked like a hoot to fly.

1609825333867.png

And then there's this beast, the AN-28

1609825165945.png

I guess gear down and welded is the way I'd like to roll.

Re 175 love - it's a nice comfy office, but nice avionics??
- can't track a vor
A what?
A VOR

- no friggin line between the airplane and the heading bug on mfd
Who needs this?
Handy deviating around stuff

- no banana bar (how hard would that be??)
Again, who needs this? The FPA draws on the profile view.
banana bar is moar better for things like figuring out when you get to an altitude while on a downwind on a visual approach

- no altitude gates on profile view (even Garmin got that right with G3000), just eyeball it
Not sure what load you guys are on, we has this.
25.7 or some such. It shows numbers, g3000 would have lines at, say, 280 and 240 and show where your FPA falls between the two. To scale. Neat af

- can't fly from a waypoint. Like at all.
FROM BOXES SUCK.
That’s just like your opinion, man

- FD that could only be useful in monochromatic HUD, except most 175s don't have HUDs
I quite liked the meatball.
Meh. I prefer V-bar

It's a good airplane, but some things were done better elsewhere

I'm still struggling why anyone would want to actually track a VOR. You know that's essentially what the box is doing when you select a VOR as the waypoint right? Even without GPS :P

I'm still struggling why anyone would want to actually track a VOR. You know that's essentially what the box is doing when you select a VOR as the waypoint right? Even without GPS :p
It’s not about the wants :)
DB is MEL’d, have fun with the heading mode. Why? Because reasons :)

It’s not about the wants :)
DB is MEL’d, have fun with the heading mode. Why? Because reasons :)
Never had that issue in about 5 years on it, what the hell are you guys doing with that thing? :p Even the current place is "as long as you cross check it with raw data", aka throw up the preview needles and go "yep."

Never had that issue in about 5 years on it, what the hell are you guys doing with that thing? :p Even the current place is "as long as you cross check it with raw data", aka throw up the preview needles and go "yep."
Haven't had that YET. Did have a/p mel'd because one of the ex-CPZ planes thought the elevators were disconnected. Flew a turn like that before routing took it to mx overnight.
DB thing happened on C700s before and 145. Then it's raw green. This is the way :p

I know it gets a lot of hate but I'm partial to the EMB-145. It does its job of being an RJ very well, is fun to hand fly, and the systems are simple. Great first jet. Bonus it has amazing air conditioning when the Packs aren't MEL'd. The 135 in particular is a little rocket ship.

Similar thing with the Hawker 800. Many criticize it for what it isn't rather than appreciate it for what it is. It's a flying watermelon. Slow, kind of ugly, but comfy inside, really simple old school systems, and is built like a tank. Plus with the AP winglets it actually has some decent range on it too.

I enjoyed my time in both of them

I know it gets a lot of hate but I'm partial to the EMB-145. It does its job of being an RJ very well, is fun to hand fly, and the systems are simple. Great first jet. Bonus it has amazing air conditioning when the Packs aren't MEL'd. The 135 in particular is a little rocket ship.
This is the superior 50(Ish) seat airplane, indeed.

Back