non-PEPC Process Update

nathanw

Hey all,

It's been several months since I've been on here but I wanted to give anyone who's going this route how my timeline went.

I applied for the PUBNAT1 application and got the AT-SAT and preferences and referral list like everyone else. I chose the non-pepc route on June 20th (when everyone got their PEPC choice email).

June 25th I got an email saying I would be contacted soon for an interview at Seattle ATCT. The interview coordination is handled by one particular office. I asked a lot of questions and they were very helpful.

July 10th I got a call from Seattle ATCT and scheduled my interview for July 15th.

July 15th I interviewed with the ATM at Seattle. Very nice man, it went extremely well. I wore a button-down shirt and tie because I already had "unofficial" information that I was being selected for that facility (like I said, they were very helpful).

And then there was silence...

August 14th I emailed Mr. Traynor to see if I had missed my TOL somewhere. He replied back with a form to fill out (OF0306) and said he'd be issuing my TOL later in the week...

September 3rd I received an email from another office with forms to fill out to request my military records.

September 15th I emailed Mr. Traynor's assistant asking about my TOL that I hadn't received yet. I got a response from Ms. Caves saying it had been sent at the beginning of the month, but they had a different address (in Texas!) and a different email for me... Turns out they sent MY letter to a different Nathan W (same last name) in Wichita Falls, TX.

September 16th I finally got my TOL (via email) with lots of forms to fill out and instructions on scheduling the drug test, medical exam and psych test. I completed all the forms that day and sent half of them back to Ms. Caves (the rest go to a different office). Also did the security clearance application (85P) online.

September 17th I got the TOL package in the mail with all the same forms, plus the fingerprint cards that couldn't be emailed.

September 19th I drove up to the regional office in Renton and did the fingerprinting there (didn't need the cards afterall, was all electronic). Also turned in the remaining forms, all pertaining to the background investigation. The lady who does the investigation already had my application from online. I already had a clearance from the military so this was pretty easy.

Over the next few days I did the drug test and medical exam. I had to get additional documents from my doctor to send in because of my sleep apnea but that wasn't an issue.

September 30th I got a call to schedule my MMPI2 psychological exam.

October 14th I took the exam at ZSE. I finished it in about 20 minutes. It took longer for her to setup the laptop than it took to take the test.

And that was (as far as I know) the last thing I had to do. Now I will just be waiting for a school date. If I don't hear anything by the end of next week I'm going to email and/or call Mr. Traynor but I chose the non-PEPC route because I'm not in a hurry. I can't start OKC until after the new year because I'm on orders with my reserve unit.

And that's that! If anyone has any questions about any of this, don't hesitate to ask.

NW

Thanks Nathan. That timeline is just about the same as mine. I am just waiting to do the MMPI but that's it for me. Are you really expecting a class date "by the end of next week"? That sounds pretty optimistic but maybe there's something you know that I don't--? (I thought the bkgrd investigation stuff took 1-2 months) I've been shooting for a January/February class date as well, and so far it seems we're on track.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Nathan. That timeline is just about the same as mine. I am just waiting to do the MMPI but that's it for me. Are you really expecting a class date "by the end of next week"? That sounds pretty optimistic but maybe there's something you know that I don't--? (I thought the bkgrd investigation stuff took 1-2 months) I've been shooting for a January/February class date as well, and so far it seems we're on track.

Keep us posted.

I got a call from HR in OKC regarding the PUBNAT2 announcement (I applied for the first 4 announcements). Apparently I was chosen for Oakland CTR on that one, even though my geo prefs were Terminal only and WA only. I kept SEA. But she said my security clearance was done on 25 September and they're just waiting on my Medical. Means it only took like 4 days for the clearance for me. BUT, I already have an active Secret clearance and have previously had a TS with the military.

Wow you had a long process, I started my non-PEPC process a little after you did and I finished it all within 2 weeks from interview to psych. Maybe it depends on your center and rep too.

I got a call from HR in OKC regarding the PUBNAT2 announcement (I applied for the first 4 announcements). Apparently I was chosen for Oakland CTR on that one, even though my geo prefs were Terminal only and WA only. I kept SEA. But she said my security clearance was done on 25 September and they're just waiting on my Medical. Means it only took like 4 days for the clearance for me. BUT, I already have an active Secret clearance and have previously had a TS with the military.

Wow, so you did get selected on Pubnat2... I didn't, which means I'm glad I chose not to decline Pub1. Can't blame you for taking SEA over OAK... no brainer there.

Wow you had a long process, I started my non-PEPC process a little after you did and I finished it all within 2 weeks from interview to psych. Maybe it depends on your center and rep too.

yeah could you write down your whole process too? id be interested in knowing how yours went. and where are you at now? do you have a FOL or are you just waiting?

I'm thinking of taking this rout because I got an email saying that the Kansas City pepc was all filled and the next one is not until the end of January. Do you think this is a wise choice since I want to start as soon as possible?

I'm thinking of taking this rout because I got an email saying that the Kansas City pepc was all filled and the next one is not until the end of January. Do you think this is a wise choice since I want to start as soon as possible?

if i didnt get into the KC Pepc i would definitely go the Non Pepc route. because the LA pepc is over 3 months from now. you can get a lot done in 3 months. you can start your security clearance which takes months in itself, so if you wait till LA then you wont start that security process till then and it will be months from then. i would start now. even if everything isnt cleared till the end of january atleast it will be cleared by then..if you start the process in late january nothing will be done for another few months after.

if i didnt get into the KC Pepc i would definitely go the Non Pepc route. because the LA pepc is over 3 months from now. you can get a lot done in 3 months. you can start your security clearance which takes months in itself, so if you wait till LA then you wont start that security process till then and it will be months from then. i would start now. even if everything isnt cleared till the end of january atleast it will be cleared by then..if you start the process in late january nothing will be done for another few months after.
:yeahthat:

Odds are it'll be faster than waiting for the PEPC. Incidentally, if they had a better acronym for those, say "COKE", I would have definitely gone that way instead :buck:

October 14th I took the exam at ZSE. I finished it in about 20 minutes. It took longer for her to setup the laptop than it took to take the test.

Hey, that's the same day they were taking me around there. Did you take the exam in the conference room with the ginormous TV in it? Must've just missed you.

Hey, that's the same day they were taking me around there. Did you take the exam in the conference room with the ginormous TV in it? Must've just missed you.
Yep, I got there just before 1. Your profile says you're in Texas, you were up here in Seattle?

Thats exactly what im doing since the OKC was full. I think it will be much faster then waiting until January. I got ZAU what did you get Chitown?

Thats exactly what im doing since the OKC was full. I think it will be much faster then waiting until January. I got ZAU what did you get Chitown?

When I spoke to the lady making PEPC arrangements, she said there was a very good chance of having at TOL in your hand before the middle of December if you chose to go non-PEPC. So that's the route I took since KC was full.

Yep, I got there just before 1. Your profile says you're in Texas, you were up here in Seattle?

Yep. Flew up to see if it's where I'd like to be.

...yyyyeah, before even turning in geographic preferences. I know, it's entirely possible that I won't get it. Call me an optimist. We were visiting family and friends up there too, so I can pass it off as that if I get turned down later to make myself feel better.

Thanks for that advice. I decided that I'm going to do this the old way and not do the pepc.

Dude! Almost the same thing happened to me too Nathanw!

I had my interview at Paine Field in Everett, WA on July 22nd. I then e-mailed Mr. Traynor in early September because I hadn't heard anything yet and he said "Your letter has been typed up and my assistant should be forwarding your offer letter any day." Well, I waited until the end of them month and when nothing came I e-mailed him back but got no response. So, then I just kept waiting and eventually found someone else to contact. He told me that their records showed that my offer letter was sent Aug 29th! But it was to my old address which I changed in all my paperwork for them in June. And I NEVER received an e-mail copy at all! So then they resent it and we're all good now. Just got it Thursday! :)

Like you, I chose the non-PEPC route because I'm also not in a huge hurry, but it just sucked to lack information for so long cause they screwed up.

Dude! Almost the same thing happened to me too Nathanw!

I had my interview at Paine Field in Everett, WA on July 22nd. I then e-mailed Mr. Traynor in early September because I hadn't heard anything yet and he said "Your letter has been typed up and my assistant should be forwarding your offer letter any day." Well, I waited until the end of them month and when nothing came I e-mailed him back but got no response. So, then I just kept waiting and eventually found someone else to contact. He told me that their records showed that my offer letter was sent Aug 29th! But it was to my old address which I changed in all my paperwork for them in June. And I NEVER received an e-mail copy at all! So then they resent it and we're all good now. Just got it Thursday! :)

Like you, I chose the non-PEPC route because I'm also not in a huge hurry, but it just sucked to lack information for so long cause they screwed up.
Hey, when you get the forms filled out, all the ones you're supposed to mail to Renton you can just hand carry and get your fingerprints done there too. That's what I did. Mainly because no one in Pierce county does the OPM fingerprint cards. They only do FBI cards. Wankers. The drug test is done in Bellevue and the Physical is in Auburn (or at least mine was). You can do the MMPI at any faa facility near you.

Back