Non-aviation, supplemental second jobs for airline pilots

The girls have always been online for the Riddle guys.

I applied to, and was accepted to, 3 colleges. During my Freshman year, one of them was voted by Playboy as having "the hottest girls in the country". One of them was voted the third worst college in the country "for a male to get laid". I'm a pilot today so it shouldn't take too many guesses as to which I was attending when those rankings were published.

The academic side of Liberty does have some religious education. The students I've had all mentioned that it was there, but a minor part of it. None of them are particularly religious.

There is no religious aspect to the flight training.

No disciples of Bernoulli vs Newton? Surely we can get some robes and have religious level riots over that. Or at least raising the flaps in the flare while yoke pumping.

Should there be? Lazy 8 apostles etc

I should have amended my previous statement.

Liberty outsources their flight training to schools all over the country. They ALSO do their own training down in Lynchburg. At the main campus, there very well may be some religious content in the training - I do not know.

But there's nothing in the outsourced training.

I should have amended my previous statement.

Liberty outsources their flight training to schools all over the country. They ALSO do their own training down in Lynchburg. At the main campus, there very well may be some religious content in the training - I do not know.

But there's nothing in the outsourced training.
I was joking but having visited Lynchburg VA I am not surprised

OP asks for non-aviation outside jobs, and the bulk of the answers here regard outside flying jobs. :)

Do something fun. Like suppressing a minivan fully involved in fire, with only 180 out of 300 gallons of water / 1% FFFP mix used. Cool stuff..

BB42126B-9756-45B3-9E34-CBA507BE5B55.jpeg

Pre-pandemic I made a lot of money doing Uber/Lyft, and now its about back to where it was earnings wise, though I no longer do it after letting my interior get beaten to hell during the pandemic LOL. I tried to set a goal of $200 per day (no tax up front, can write off a lot of stuff too) and that usually took anywhere from 4-8 hours depending on the time and day of the week I drove, and if I was willing to be in San Francisco all day (endless rides in a metropolitan). 80% of rides people don't talk and you just listen to music/the radio or whatever, the rest of the time almost always people are really cool and you can really learn a lot from them or hear some hilarious stories. Got a $100 cash tip once and $50 cash tips a few times, including a guy asking if the female Uber pool passenger he had just met could blow him. That is a really funny story if any of you ever ask me off the forums.

I really enjoyed it, made a few friends, met a few girls, learned about life. Drove a lot of really wealthy people to their estates and they were usually talkative and friendly and often gave me something to take away from our conversations. I drove like a Richard (no one lets you over in San Francisco) but people always appreciated it and I had almost a 5 star rating all said and done, which allowed me to get a free Subway sandwich every day LOL.

Pretty good side gig if you have a "beater" car less than 10 years old you don't mind putting miles on. Even with these gas prices, anything that gets 30+ mpg will still be efficient. You can also try drop shipping, I've been making good money doing that.

You can also try drop shipping, I've been making good money doing that.
What is that? I swear, you're the most industrist JC member. I've had some great experiences with Lyft/Uber and will say they serve a very important service. If nothing else, the cab companies have had to greatly clean up their act. No idea what drop shipping is, though?

Back